Chapter 12: Making friends? 1
1.2k 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Belinda woke up, she felt a headache.

Her vision slowly became clear and she looked around.

Her line of sign fell on the young man’s body and saw him slowly opening his eyes. He seemed to be deep in thought.

The old teacher walked to them.

„You guys finally awake. The ritual takes double the time than usual. I was really afraid.” he sighed. „Are there any bad feelings or discomfort?”

Belinda sat on the floor and shook her head.

„Really?” he looked worriedly, then turned to Bertold who nodded.

„Then okay.” he clapped, and the candles’ lights went out. The door opened slowly. „Continue with your task. Take your student around the academy to let him familiarize himself with it. I need to continue my duty too.”

Bertold nodded and left the room.

Belinda stood up and ran after him. After some step she realized, her foot felt cold.

She looked down and seeing one of her shoes missing she became confused. She still remembered wearing them in the room.

Leaving the room, she only saw the man disappearing after turning in the corner. She angrily ran after him.

  What kind of bastard is he?! Losing his student… Just wait! I make sure, you will regret it!!

After turned in the corner, she almost ran into him. When she looked up and saw their height difference, her face became dark.

  Fck! Why the hell I’m a kid?!!

The man turned around and intended to go, but Belinda grabbed his sleeves.

He turned back and looked at her coldly. She stepped back with fright.

„My shoe… lost.” she muttered.

Bertold looked at her foot for a while, then continued to walk out from the building.

Belinda followed him without a word. Watching the ground she felt dejected.

  What kind of punishment is this? Why I ended up, with a mute iceberg?! Really, your parents didn’t teach you? At least introduce yourself!!

Lost in her thought, she walked. Couse of her rage, she started to run, but after some step, she ran into something and hit her head hard.

She stepped back to find her balance and massaged her forehead.

When she looked up, she froze. She ended up running into the man.

„Your shoe.” he said coldly and he looked at something on the ground.

„… thanks.” she slowly came back to her senses and looked around.

The shoe was under some flowers on the side.

  If you wanna help, why not say it?! I can’t read your thought! Really… I used up all my luck in my previous life?!

Belinda grabbed her shoe and tried to tear it in her rage. Then dropped herself on the ground and took it on.

After she stood up, she facepalmed.

  Why am I behaving like a kid throwing a tantrum?! Belinda! You are a grown up woman! Don’t let your body influence you!

She hit her face to wake up herself completely.

She looked at the blue sky and took some big breath to calm down.

  You are older than him. If he doesn’t speak, then take over the lead and ask. At least ask his name.

She turned around, but seeing those cold eyes, all her courage ran away.

„Um…” she opened her mouth but ended up saying nothing.

They stood there and watched each other.

Some students passed by, but they did as if they didn’t see anything and left.

Belinda felt her vision become blurred and something cold run down on her face.

When she lifted up her hands to wipe it off, she was confused.

  Water?... Shit! Why the hell am I crying? Someone help me! This body doesn’t work right! Why am I shivering from fear? He just looks cold, but there’s nothing to fear… Don’t tell me, because my body is a kid I will have a second childhood? So those things that can make a kid afraid or cry, my mature soul can’t control it?

Her tears continued to fell and her head became empty.

  Ahh, just let me die!

„Bertold!” a loud cry brought her back to reality.

The blond man from before ran to them.

He watched Belinda with amusement.

„Hahaha, I knew, you will have problems, but I never imagined you can make him cry on the first day!” he laughed nonstop.

Without any sign, Bertold moved and hit him in the stomach, yet Zotmund was able to stop it with his hand.

„Hah, it’s the first time to see you make any reactions to my provocation. Just what happened in that some hours I didn’t see you?” he watched him with interest.

They stood there, motionless as if waiting for the other to take the first step.

Belinda felt the gunpowder in the air.

Then Zotmund started to laugh again. Bertold turned away his gaze and his mouth twitched.

„Good! Good! You finally changed! Your iceberg manner before was really annoying. I really want to know, what happened.” Zotmund watched him with shining eyes.

  Changed? Why I think that he’s just extremely angry at you because of something?!

The atmosphere remained as awkward as before.

„Mentor Zotmund!” a boy shouted with a decaying voice.

The two men turned toward the sound.

Belinda turned too and saw a fatty boy ran with hardship. A thin boy ran next to him and worked hard to hold back his laughter.

„Your beauties?” Bertold asked while an undetectable light ran through in his eyes.

  Beauties?! Oh, so he really a playboy… Wait! Is he mocking him?!

Belinda’s chin almost fell on the ground.

The shock was too much even the always fast-thinking Zotmund too. He really felt that today he stepped out from the bed with the wrong leg.

„What beauties? Don’t be kidding… they are my students.” he turned away to hide his bafflement. „Come here, kids. Introduce yourself.”

The two boys reached them, and the fatty dropped on the ground. He was out of breath. The other guy stood next to him with a twisted face.

„Wait for me!” there was another cry.

Belinda watched behind the boys with interest. She was surprised to see a familiar face.

She was the little girl, Naómi who cried when she left behind her best friend.

21