Chapter 17: Stone?
935 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Watching the kids’ reactions, Zotmund burst out with laughter.

„You don’t need to be so panicked. This is just gossip. Even the teachers said that the chance is around 1 in a million.”

Gregori sighed. He was really frightened.

„You are playing with us! You bastard!” Naómi roared.

„I’m sorry, my darling!” Zotmund apologized. „I didn’t intend to play with you! I wanted to make the boys be in an awkward situation. Please, forgive me, little princess…” he coaxed Naómi and kneeled down.

Their shouting woke up Belinda. She slowly stood up. Even if the chance was so little, still she was frustrated. She didn’t like the idea of having even a little chance.

She looked at Bertold again, but he evaded her gaze. She became angry.

  Shit! I need to find a way to test him! I hate the thought he maybe sees those things! But such an iceberg will not speak. How the hell can I test him?!

She thought a lot, but couldn’t get any idea.

After Zotmund was able to make Naómi’s anger fly away, he turned to the others.

„Let’s continue our stroll!”

They walked into a familiar building.

„This is the Receptacle. You were here yesterday and got your room card. There are offices where you can register if you want to leave the academy.” Zotmund pointed at some rooms. „If you going out because of a task, you need to go to the door 1. If you want to go to the cultivator’s city, Cavatory, that’s the door 2. When you leave for the summer vacation, you can register at door 3. Door 4 only used, when a closed world open, but the participants are chosen by the teachers, so I don’t really understand why there’s an office for that.” he shrugged his shoulders.

„Cultivator’s city? What’s that?” Gregori asked.

„That’s a good place. There you can buy better things than in the academy. There are hotels, casinos, and other good places. They hold a big auction every half a year.”

„Auction? Those things in the market not good?” Naómi was confused.

„They are not bad. Those weapons and pills were made by the students. In the city, you can buy them in better quality. Of course, you can’t use your points there, you need real money.” he laughed. „ There are a lot of famous cultivators and their works are unique. And on the auction, you can get precious things or rare monster’s eggs.”

„Monster’s eggs?! Can you become a tamer?” Belinda asked excitedly.

In every game that she played, she spent a lot of time to get monsters as companions. She hated to play in a team, she couldn’t speak with them properly and always were misunderstood. She just gave up and the monsters followed her commands without complaints, so it was much easier. If she could do that here too, it would be a paradise for her. She didn’t need to spend a lot of time to cultivate and learn, they could do everything for her.

„Yes, there are tamers, but that depends on your soul. A lot of people not suitable for it, because the contract you made with them gives you huge pressure. Some cultivators, even after reaching the 8th level, can’t have more than 1 contract.”

„Oh, my cute pets…” Naómi sighed.

„You are mistaken, pets and contract beasts are different. You can buy pet eggs at the stable. We will go there later and you can see them.” Zotmund laughed.

They walked out and went to the transportation array.

„This array working differently than the one you guys used to come here. The array on the ground only working to let the students come in.” Zotmund pointed to the stone pillars. „To leave, you need to go through between 2 pillars. They function as gates. On top of them, you can see the stones connect them. Where the stones missing, those gates’ other side was destroyed.”

Belinda was confused. She didn’t looked around in the memories but just watched the building. Now seeing those stones, she felt that she saw it somewhere before. She was deep in her thought and played with her hair.

„Belinda, what’s the problem?” Zotmund asked.

„They seem familiar…” she murmured.

„Stupid! We come across the array just yesterday.” Gregori mocked her.

„You are the stupid one!” Belinda’s face darkened.

  Stone pillars in a circle… Where the hell did I see it?!

Bertold watched her and some emotions ran through in his eyes.

  Stone… Stone… It’s that Stonehenge!! I saw it in the history book! But why this thing was on the Earth?! That can’t be a closed world. Humanity left it thousands of years before to live on other planetsImitation? Or pure coincidence?

She shook her head. She will never know the answer, so she just threw away the questions.

„Belinda, are you okay? You remembered something?” Zotmund asked with interest.

„…no. I just felt that somewhere I saw a similar stone circle. That’s can be another transportation array?”

„Hmm, I don’t remember seeing anything similar. The other closed worlds’ gate mostly just arrays on the ground. I don’t know if it’s just the creator’s specialty or lost knowledge.” Zotmund thought about it.

„I see…” Belinda was disappointed about not getting useful information.

„If we have done here, let’s go to the Mission Hall…”

„Pets! Let’s go to see the pets!” Naómi excitedly interrupted him.

„… okay, then we go there.”

„No!” Gregori and Dárius disagreed. „Let’s see the tasks! I want to know, what kind of tasks are there!”

„No! Let’s see the pets!”

„Stupid! You need points to buy them!”

„… It’s in the same way, so stop fighting!” Zotmund stood between them and hit the 2 boys’ heads. „How you dare to disagree with a lady?!”

„But not the tasks are the most important thing to get anything here?” Gregori complained.

„I need meat…” Dárius murmured while holding his head.

Zotmund facepalmed and sighed. Was he this irritating too?

Belinda looked at Bertold. He was writing in a notebook.

  Really! They are annoying, but from this mute, I won’t get any information about the academy!

18