Chapter 19: The pets 1
865 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After they left the 2 buildings, they saw 5 meters high walls on the 2 sides of the street.

„These walls have a lot of seals on them to be sure no one can go in and out. They need to stop the beasts to not let them go to rampage in the academy. On the other side, the herbs need protection too. There are some low-level wild beasts that can come in. They don’t attack anyone but like to eat the herbs.”

They finally reached a big gate. There were 2 students on guard.

„Today is your first day here, so we can go in, but the next time you’ll need permission from a teacher and an older student will escort you. It’s needed because the beasts sometimes run around and they can hurt you. When you become stronger you can come here alone.”

Zotmund greeted the guards and walked in. There were still high walls and some buildings not far away.

„The stable divided into 3 parts. The first part contains the animals we can eat. They raise them here, but because they need time to grow up, they on sale on the first day in every month.”

„Why?!” Dárius cried out.

„Originally they sold them to the students with low cultivation, but their meat is really delicious, so it becomes one of the most wanted things in the Academy.” Zotmund smiled meaningfully. „Once you reach the 5th level you can go out and hunt. Then you can eat as many meats as you can. You can even sell it. You don’t need to look for a buyer, the academy’s kitchen will buy them at a good price.”

„Hmm, it seems I need to work hard…” Gregori muttered.

They reached another gate on the wall and went in. The place was clean with green grass. They saw some little animals running around.

  Chicken?! But why they have 2 heads? And one of them seems to be in the wrong place?!

Belinda was shocked. She never thought that she would see such a morbid animal. They were chickens with 2 heads. If it just had that problem it would be okay, but one of the head was on the place, where originally their tail was. It was much more like someone cut them in half and sew them together. Even their legs, one looked in the opposite direction.

„How are they pooping?” the shocked Dárius asked.

„Look a little more, and you will see it.” Zotmund said mysteriously.

They didn’t need to wait long, they saw it. One of the heads ate and the other one vomited.

Belinda felt that she needed to vomit too. She would wait for years instead to eat this kind of disgusting monster.

„There’s no other option?” Naómi asked weakly.

„Why? You know it’s really delicious. It’s enough to eat only a bite and you won’t be able to forget it in the rest of your life.”

„Even seeing it once is enough to not forget it.” Belinda disagreed.

Zotmund looked at her wondering. He didn’t think that they would give up so fast.

„There’s no other animals?” Dárius asked. Even he gave up to try it out.

„Originally, there was another one, but…” Zotmund sighed. „Because its appearance a lot of students were against to kill them and it’s ended up to become a pet.”

„Pet? What kind of pet?” Naómi’s eyes shined.

„You will see it right away.” Zotmund smiled and led them out.

They didn’t walk too much and reached the next gate. After walking in, they were shocked.

The first pack animals they saw was similar to rabbits. Their extremely big eyes and long fur made them cute. Their every move made them adorable and anyone who saw them couldn’t think anything but wanted to hug them.

Belinda hardly made herself turn away and looked at Bertold.

His face was indifferent as if watching ants instead of cute pets.

  Ah, if once his expression changes that will be the most shocking thing in the world…

„I’m sure now you understand, why they were taken down from the food list.” Zotmund laughed. „They are the most favored pets, there’s around 2000.”

„Why are they here? Can’t we have pets in our room?” Naómi was disappointed.

„You can but the rooms are little, so if you have more than 3, it will be crowded and they need to be taken out for a walk, don’t shut them in for too long. Not to mention, when you cultivating, you can spend even months in seclusion. Someone needs to look after them, so you can bring them here. Of course, it cost a lot, but some crazy pet owner doesn’t mind it.” Zotmund murmured the last part.

„So all of them here have owners?! Then how can I get one?”

„Because it’s really popular, you need to register on the list. They give birth every half a year, so if there’s not much applicant, you can get one the next time.” he stepped to Naómi and smiled charmingly. „If the Miss wants it, this servant will run there and register. I will buy you the cutest one.”

„I don’t need anything from you! I will buy it when I have the money!” Naómi was angry. She didn’t like his hustling style.

„Right, the cost… If I remember right, the last time it already reached 20k points.”

„That much?!”

Even the boys were shocked. How could a little pet cost that much?

„I told you they are popular. Even if there are so many, a lot of owners don’t sell their pet’s kids, or just use seals to not let them become pregnant.”

„How much they cost when they were sold for their meat?” Gregori asked.

„I don’t know, when I come to the academy they were already pets.” Zotmund thought about it. „But those 2 headed chicken cost almost 40k.”

„So much?!”

„They can lay eggs and they hatch after 5 days, but they have a low surviving rate. As you saw, their 2 heads working differently. When they hatch, the 2 heads will start to fight for the position to eat. So most of them will die after 2-3 days because of overeating.”

  Those animals are crazy! I can understand they don’t want to vomit shit every day, but they just born, how they know it?

„Wait!” Dárius cried out. „How they laid eggs?!”

The others face slowly became bad.

  Shit! Now I’ve imagined it!

17