Chapter 45: Muscle
536 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Horác gave another stone ball to Belinda because the previous one was destroyed by the poisons.

She took it away with a blank face and left to work.

The next day, Belinda ate the pill before the class, so Amand didn’t see it. He just told her to practice with the ball and left her alone.

Belinda sighed. Now she was sure, he really intended to let his hatred go against her. She just hoped the training would go without problems.

In the afternoon, she was absent-minded. She thought a lot about what kind of training they could have. Not to mention those puppets. She was sure, there would be some surprise.

She was too excited to sleep or to practice, so the next morning she forced herself out of the bed. She was tired, but she drank 3 energy shakes and those woke her up completely. After the Power awakening, their body needed more energy, so they could drink as many as they want.

The training started 2 hours earlier than the class. Because it was her first time to go to train, she went earlier to speak with Pedró.

In front of the house, a big, half naked man stood. His body was full of sweat as he slowly lifted 2 weights. If someone looked it properly, they were able to see the steam ran out of his poles.

Belinda just entered the yard and froze. Before she saw some people who loved to build up a lot of muscles to the expert when she started to think about if they still had bones and organs or just muscles… But she didn’t think Perdó would be that type of person too. During the 2 weeks of training, he wore clothes properly, so his muscles weren’t that eye-catching.

Belinda shook her head and looked around. She saw the red haired girl stood not far from her. She was a little glad about not being the only new student. She walked closer to her and waited patiently.

Pedró finished his training after some minutes. He grabbed a towel and wiped off his sweat. He looked at the 2 students and slowly sized them up.

Belinda felt the same pressure as before, but just stood there and waited. After a while, Pedró turned away and walked into the house. Belinda gave out the breath she was holding. She met with some teachers in the Academy, but this man was the only one who could make her afraid. Standing in front of him, he gave off the feeling you were faced with a terrible monster.

  Pedró… ‘rock’, huh? This name really suits him!

They didn’t need to wait long before Pedró came back. Just wearing clothes his appearance changed dramatically. Under those loose clothes, it was really hard to imagine there were so many muscles. He was much closer to be a military trainer than to be a teacher.

„Your training originally will start after 2 days, but I don’t hate passionate kids. Don’t disappoint me!” he stood in front of them. „This training is jointed together with all the first years’ students, so I hope you will have a good time with the others. Come, I show you the place.”

They left the yard and slowly walked away.

„The first and most important thing is the same as before. At the gate of the field, there’s a stone post. Don’t forget to use your card to register! You need to concentrate on to acquire the basics. The others just finished their first test, and started to learn the next step, so don’t try to learn while looking at them! There are 5 more teachers so don’t hesitate to ask. Our job to teach you!”

They walked on a long road and there were a lot of gates. Their distances weren’t far, only 5 meters.

„If you look properly, those stone posts have different symbols and numbers on them.” Pedró said. „The symbols show what kind of fields are behind the gates. You will train on an ordinary one, but your mentor can ask permission to use these special ones. And these fields…” he turned to them and a hard to see smile appeared on his face. „I let it be a surprise.”

While they walked, there were more and more children. They went to a gate not far from them. Pedró stopped in front of the entrance and pointed to the post.

„Memorize this symbol! But even if you forget it, this is the only gate that will be open, so you can’t enter the wrong field.”

They finally walked in, and Belinda was shocked. When she heard about the puppets, she was sure it wouldn’t be that simple, but it was beyond her imagination. In her world, she saw some advertisements for training robots, but she never thought these ones would be so similar.

She watched a student, who just got a little green doll from a teacher. He did something with it, then threw it on the ground. The doll slowly grew until it had the same height and similar physique as the kid. The puppet didn’t have a face, it was more like a shadow, just green. It followed the kid, who ’awakened’ it. He walked to his friends to greet them, then told something to the puppet and it’s stopped moving. He started to hit it with all his power, but he wasn’t able to move it a little. The others just laughed.

Belinda heard some other students mention they made a bet about who could make their puppet to step back. After they got the instruction to stop, they looked like they rooted on the spot.

A teacher went to them and scolded them. They gave other instructions to the puppets and they finally moved. They lifted their hands and let the kids hit their palms. After the first hit, 2 numbers appeared on the puppets’ faces. One of them counted the hits and the other one measured how strong it was. It didn’t show all the hits’ forces, just the strongest one.

15