Chapter 48: Addict
527 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Belinda was sitting on a chair and slowly drinking her tea. It was already her third cup. She never understood tea etiquette, but now she tried to drink slowly and enjoy it. It was better than looking at the man who rolled on the floor.

Horác was laughing hard. He held his stomach and sometimes showed some pained expressions, yet he never stopped laughing. He already did this for 10 minutes.

Belinda felt amused. She wanted to see if he could kill himself by laughing.

„He… he… just threw you in… bhuhahaha…” he rolled to a table and almost knocked down some poisons.

Belinda sighed. After dinner, she came here to tell him what happened during the day and ask for his help. She tried to summarize up the things and leave out those embarrassing events, yet somehow Horác was able to guess them out. She already saw that he tried hard to hold back his laugh, but when she mentioned she fell into the lake, he couldn’t stand it anymore.

Belinda was deep in thought. She really wanted to know how could Horác find out she was ’threw in’ and didn’t ’fell in’. She looked at the man on the floor and suddenly remembered about those stalkers… She felt the cold ran down on her spine and she threw away the idea. The thought for being followed by this poison maniac was enough to cause her some nightmares…

She suddenly looked at the cup in her hand while repeating the ’poison’ word in her head. The tea was prepared by Horác from who knew where, yet she drank it. With a blank face, she put it back to the table and she erased her memories about drinking it.

Horác slowly calmed down. He repeated some words, like ’you are the best’, ’you didn’t disappoint me’, and alike. He really enjoyed himself and it made Belinda angry.

Finally, he sat up and looked at her, as if saying ’continue’, but Belinda didn’t intend to say anything. They sat there for some minutes, then Horác gave up. He already knew what happened after that. It was enough to look at her and he could feel part of the natural water energy that still didn’t become one with her internal energy.

Bertold came here with Belinda, but he just looked at Horác and left. He already understood what he wanted, that’s why he prepared that tea. He felt that it was funny to see that iceberg to care for someone. But his ’care’ was really special…

When the cultivators first time absorbed the energy what’s suits them the most, they became addicted. It’s a sweet drug to them and overdose could kill them. Belinda already reached her limit, that’s why Bertold took her out from the water. Now she needed to calm down and let her body completely absorb it.

Tomorrow she would realize how crazy her idea was to spend all her time under the water.

Horác stood up and walked to her.

„Congratulation on learning how to absorb the energy! You finally stepped on the cultivators’ road.” he said gently, then he suddenly changed his tone. „Oh, but you can’t cultivate in the water too often.”

„Why?!” Belinda was shocked.

„Right! I’ll go and tell Pedró to use limitations on the field. That way you can’t enter whenever you want, and when the time limits reached, it will kick you out.”

„What?!” she was angered.

Horác knew that she was still under some side effects, but he really couldn’t miss this chance.

Belinda wanted to stand up, but her body became numb and she fell on the floor.

„The tea finally worked.” Horác smiled.

„What the hell you gave to me?” Belinda tried to shout, but her voice wasn’t strong. She felt dizzy.

„It’s a poison that helps you to relax your body and have a good night’s sleep.” he lifted up her and walked into the room. „Feel honored. You are the first woman who can sleep in my bed!”

  Honored my ass! I kill you if you do anything! And why did you give me poison?!

Belinda wasn’t able to speak anymore, so she just complained in her heart. She fell asleep without realizing it.

The next morning Belinda blankly looked at the ceiling. After connecting the things that happened yesterday, she finally sat up.

She was angry. She realized, her state of mind wasn’t correct yesterday, but Horác used it out too much! That man really needed a beating!

She left the room and saw Horác sitting in front of the window. He slowly drank something.

„Good morning!” he turned to her. „Want a cup of tea?”

„No! Yesterday was enough.” she refused, but still asked. „Want kind of poison is it this time?”

„Oh, it’s just a little nerve poison. Its effect only lasts for an hour, and you don’t need the antidote. It undoes all the feeling in your body and makes you relax.”

„You still can move properly.” Belinda pointed out her problem.

„Ah, this one is too light for me. I was afraid if I made a stronger one and you accidentally drink it…”

„Never! Even if you beg me!” she shouted. „I was really crazy to drink it yesterday!”

„You realized?!” Horác was shocked.

Belinda was speechless. No difference what she said he was able to change the topic to the way he wanted. She sat down and placed her hands on the table. In the next second, she saw a cup in her hand. She looked up at Horác who looked at her with shining eyes. ’Drink it’ was written all over on his face.

Belinda threw the cup on the ground and it’s broke.

„Ah, my limited edition’s cup!”

Horác became desperate while collected the pieces, but Belinda was sure it was an ordinary glass. She couldn’t find out what his purpose was with all of this.

She looked at the clock and saw she had more than an hour before her class.

„Can you be serious? I want to ask about some things.”

„Can’t you play a little more with me?” Horác looked at her with puppy eyes.

  You are a grown up man, not?!

18