Chapter 59: Light
481 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Belinda worked at the library she read a lot of books’ titles and realized, there weren’t any chemistry or physics books! When she saw the electricity and other things were replaced by arrays and spells, she understood, the humans in this world didn’t know anything about technology! She thought that this world worked differently and thatknowledge was meaningless, but that was her biggest mistake!

This world wasn’t that much different, just the humans here didn’t know things. Even if some students awakened memories related to them, they didn’t shared them. That knowledge was too precious.

Belinda started to laugh quietly. She finally understood her biggest cheat was all those knowledge.

Horác looked at her, shocked. He felt that his little student became crazy. That laugh made the cold run down on his spine. Only for a second, but he felt a dangerous existence was in front of him. He shook his head. It was just a little kid, how could she be dangerous.

„What are you laughing at?” he asked and tried to change the dark atmosphere.

„I thinking about how to make Bertold knell in front of me and call me queen.” her eyes shined.

Horác was speechless. When did her personality change?

Originally Bertold didn’t wanted to stay as a mentor. He learned everything he thought he needed, but Horác nagged him to stay. He told him, maybe he could find his inspiration in those 10 years. Even if not, he still could use this place to cultivate faster. Horác knew that in reality, he was afraid to stay alone. He was sure, Bertold understood his real intend too, but in the end, he just nodded and stayed.

Horác never thought that, after the Soul awakening, Bertold would shut himself up in a field to train. He only came out, when he needed to look after his student. After the Power awakening, he asked Horác to look after Belinda and only call him if it’s necessary. Horác was angry. He was a teacher, yet he ran around as a student told him. If he knew that there would be another student who could endure his aura, then he never asked Bertold to stay!

Horác sighed. In the end, he enjoyed this kind of life.

 He looked at Belinda and from her reaction he was sure, Bertold’s new spell had something to do with her! He really got the inspiration he wished for.

They left the Arena and walked back to the practicing field.

„Horác.”

„… At least when we are outside, call me teacher.” he felt helpless. The more time they spend together, the more he felt that Belinda treated him as if they were of the same age.

„I learned a lot from those fights, thanks.” she stopped, then thought about something. „But I hoped to see Zotmund’s ability. Bertold finished him too fast.” she complained.

„Huh? He used it though.”

„Ha? When?” she was surprised.

„What do you think why is he shining all the time?” Horác didn’t understand. It was really that hard to see?

„What?! You mean… light?!” Belinda was shocked. When someone novels mentioned the light, it was always the symbol of the Gods, the Holy light! It was used by the priests, who prayed all day long and protected their bodies’ innocence.

  How can it be the power of that womanizer?! The light is holy and pure! Don’t dirty it!!

She pretended as if she didn’t hear anything and went back to train. She had some new ideas and wanted to try out.

Horác left her alone and went to see when he could go to Cavatory city.

Belinda continued to go to train every morning. After 5 days, she was able to reach 880 hits. She was glad, the teachers didn’t count those days when she trained with the 2nd years’ students, or she would be punished…

Her task at the library finally ended, but the teacher called her on the next day. She was confused, she didn’t remember to do any mistake...

There were another 5 students and Gregori was between them. They talked, but none of them knew what happened. After some minutes the teacher finally arrived.

„Good afternoon, students!” she walked in. She stood straight and had a strong presence. Her tidy appearance made her look more like a soldier than a teacher. Belinda felt that she was similar to Pedró. „Maybe not all of you know, but I’m Unyi Marina, the teacher who responsible for the library! I called the 6 of you here because I was satisfied with your work. I hope you wish to stay here and help out more!”

They were surprised. They didn’t think that they could get permanent work here.

Belinda was happy. They got an easy task. They needed to take the books back to the right place. They got a special bracelet, which could count the books they moved. They would be paid after that.

They could come whenever they want, they didn’t need to tell anyone if they skip, but their task could only be done when the library was closed.

Belinda went to see Horác, but she only found a note on his desk.

I went to the city to buy some things. Here 5 energy pills, cultivate properly!

She shook her head and smiled. They met 2 days before and he didn’t said anything. Sometimes she felt that Horác was more like a kid than her.

She took the pills and went back to her room. She tried out some of her ideas, but her internal energy ran out too fast. It was really time to cultivate!

On the 5th counted days, her training went wrong. In the last hour, she ended up upgrading her strongest hit to 24! In the end, her counter only reached 924…

She felt desperate. She needed to cultivate or she couldn’t work on her water control, but the result for becoming stronger was that her punch became stronger too. She needed to work more hard, but it would only make the number grown, and everything would be repeated…

  It’s such a despicable circle!

Merry Xmas!

19