Chapter 74 Camping
409 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They walked around in the forest until late afternoon.

During this time, they met with some beasts. The boys happily ran after them, but they were tricked easily. Those monsters knew too well the terrain and moved fast, so the beginner kids weren’t their opponents.

They were too loud and their reactions were too slow. Most of the time the beats saw them first and ran away. They had weapons and learned some skills, but their cultivations were too low to attack targets in the distance.

Between them, Gregori was the most outstanding. He almost captured a squirrel-like beast, but lost his balance and fell down from the tree. The other boys looked at him with shining eyes. They asked him to teach them, but he refused. They could watch how he hunted, but they needed to learn themselves.

Belinda found a second level herb, but the others didn’t care about it. They were more excited to achieve their first kill.

Zotmund thought the same way too, so he captured a little monster and showed it to the girls. Sooner or later they need to kill, so it’s better to start with something little.

He was shocked when Naómi grabbed the beast and hugged it. It was cute and she wanted to take it home as her pet. She was terrified when it bit her. She tried to throw it away, but it didn’t let her go. In the end, she broke its neck accidentally. She dropped the dead monster on the ground and her eyes were empty. Remembering the sound how its bone break, she felt that something inside her broke too...

Zotmund chose a little lawn for their camp. It was only enough big for the 3 girls to set up their tents. The boys were annoyed. They went to look for a suitable place for themselves. Gladly, only 10 meters away there was a bigger space. They started to set up their tents.

Belinda walked around it. She only stopped, when she found a flat place where she could draw an array.

The boys laughed when they saw she was playing instead of setting up her tent. Only Gregori walked over to see, what made her so focused.

„It’s an array?!” he shouted surprisedly.

Belinda almost jumped up from the fright. She was so focused, she didn’t notice someone stood next to her.

„Sorry! Sorry!” Gregori lifted his hands to surrender when he saw her dark face.

Belinda sighed when she saw there weren’t any mistakes in the symbols. „It’s just a little protection.”

„Protect? From what?” Kleon went there and watched it too.

„... There are demonic beasts in the forest. Do you think they will stop because you sleep in a tent?”

„But we have a mentor with us.” Ciceró was confused.

Belinda just shook her head and turned away. After what she saw during the day she could understand why the teachers held this field practicing. All of them lived a comfortable life, so most of them couldn’t imagine what danger was. They needed to get a painful lesson or later they would die without realizing it.

Here they could use transportation talismans to escape, but in another closed world maybe it wouldn’t work. Now they were following a mentor, but sometimes she had felt as if someone were looking at them. Those gazes were different, so she guessed there was more than one teacher walking around in the forest. They could be badly injured, but at least they couldn’t die.

She was done with the drawing and took out an energy crystal. She buried it in the middle of the array. A light blue light lit up and it was done.

„Interesting!” Gregori’s eyes shined. Only he stayed and watched it. „Can I watch you in the next 2 days too? I think I can memorize it.”

Belinda nodded. It was one of the easiest arrays, so she was sure he could learn it. „But you need an energy crystal.”

„Right! Do you think we can find some here?” he looked around.

„Maybe. There are hills, so in a cave perhaps there will be some.”

Gregori asked more questions about the array. Belinda answered while she set up her tent.

Zotmund was lying on a branch. He didn’t saw the boys, but he could hear them. He was surprised. He didn’t think any kids would be so prepared. The teachers and the mentors mentioned some things about the forest, but they let the children came here with the things they prepared. They wanted them to realize, they could only depend on themselves. They weren’t their parents so they needed to grow up and walk on their own. Maybe it was mean, but it was necessary for them to become a cultivator.

No one stopped them to look for information and they could bring anything they wanted. So if they failed, they could only blame themselves.

He looked down and watched Naómi. He was interested to see what kind of changes her personality would go through after the earlier incident...

The sky darkened and the kids went into their tents to sleep.

Belinda never tried out before the array, so she didn’t know it could block even the sounds and the wind. This way she could sleep peacefully, but she was afraid she wouldn’t hear if something happened outside.

  So the easiest the arrays, the more flaws it has. I need to learn more about these problems. Gladly, the beasts’ level too low so they couldn’t break it. Let’s have a good night’s sleep!

She took out a lot of blankets and placed them on the ground. She liked to sleep in a soft bed. After her preparations were complete, she fell asleep after 10 seconds.

The tent didn’t seal out all the light. She was awakened by the sun early in the next morning. She walked out, stretched her hands, looked around, and froze.

The others’ tents were completely destroyed and the trees were damaged too. The boys sat in a circle. Their clothes were ragged and bloody. When they heard Belinda came out, they looked at her with dark faces.

  What the hell?! Someone dropped a bomb or what?

19