v1c7: Forbidden Sight
79 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This private room was filled with scientists, running back and forth. Christian moved closer to see what they were working on.

He was dumbfounded by what he saw. A massive hexagon floated in the air, encircled by rows upon rows of blue light rings, constantly moving up and down at a slow rate. The hexagon was hooked up to several dozen computers, all with scientists typing like madmen. When one would inevitably faint from exhaustion, he would be pushed aside and another would take his place.

Monitors on the walls proudly displayed a "time until awakening" which appeared to be around six hours, though it would add or subtract some time depending on how the operation was going. When another three hours had passed, twelve heavily armored personnel ran in and painted a five-pointed-star below the hexagon. Some of them died immediately after, being struck with the seemingly all-powerful blue rings that instantly evaporated their gear- and their bodies.

The death part was intentional though, as the people who hadn't died quickly sacrificed themselves. The rings over the hexagon grew a short margin and spun faster.

After seeing this, Christian was so shocked and agitated that the whole experience stopped. He woke up covered in sweat. Although that was only twelve men out of the ever-expanding billions that populated the company's ranks, it was still twelve lives that the company very mercilessly threw away.

Christian had to ask himself if the company really had the best intentions for him; especially after almost being arrested and subject to an unknown fate for something that someone else did. Of course, he still doubted what he saw was real. It could've very well been a dream like the other dreams he had been having, unpredictable and fictional.

It still urged him to look further. To look beyond what the company was telling him; but if doing that was illegal, then how could he? Christian wished the strange rebels or whoever they were would contact him again, at least then he might get some real answers. Caution must be upheld however, he knew that Internal Resources had access to his computer and wouldn't hesitate to strike if he made a wrong step. Some sort of encrypted language or code had to be established between him and the rebels, so they could communicate safely without raising the suspicion of the company.

Until then, he would have to wait. Waiting in this sense meant going about his normal day of grueling code work, passing the days and hoping every passing hour that they would contact him. That wasn't how he wanted to spend his days after learning there could be a pipe-dream of something more, but that was all he could do. He was a cog in the system, and though not big enough for his disappearance to make anything stop working, big enough for those around him to notice.

With this plan of action in mind, Christian worked as usual.

1