v1c13: Christian Sized Rock
49 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sunset had arrived and Christian's plan was set into action. He waited for the people around him to fall asleep and quietly stalked his way to the western side of the cave. He stepped past bodies, careful not to make a sound. Nighttime on this planet was very hard to see in, making it easy to fall over yourself. Christian held out his arms as if he was balancing on a thin line, tiptoeing further west.

The wind slipped rough sand into his shoes, but he was determined. As he drew nearer, he noticed a faint light. A Christian-sized rock was conveniently placed, allowing Christian himself to hide behind it and take a look at what was going on.

A ring of men had long since formed around the two stars of the night. They were positioned at each end of the ring, fists held up high. The man on the left looked oddly familiar, though Christian couldn't make out much except his light-brown hair and glasses. On the right was a humanoid alien with scaly green skin.

Someone in the crowd came into the ring with two rocks and banged them together. The fight started.

Rushing forward, the green alien threw his fist with a wide swing that engaged his entire body, speeding towards his enemy. Contrary to what everyone was expecting, the man on the left stood there like an immovable object about to clash with an unstoppable force. You either saw him as a coward, or as unamused, and nearly everyone saw him as the former.

Inches from making contact, the man sidestepped the alien's punch, causing his green body to throw itself onto the floor. The fight wasn't over, as the alien was just a little stunned. He tried getting up, but was met with a punch to the face by the human. Then, the strangest thing in this fight happened. Both fighters made eye contact. The alien's pupils dilated, he muttered louder and louder until he was screaming. His nails dragged against his head and he twitched around in agony.

The crowd that had once been cheering was now completely silent. What should have been the clear winner was now on the floor passed out, mentally broken. Many bystanders took this chance to leave, fearing that if they gave the wrong look then they too would be cursed to whatever fate the green monster had.

Following a natural path, Christian used this opportunity to walk up to him. There was a distinct feeling you got when you were close to this man. It was as if an invisible weight was put on your shoulders, forcing you to solemnly place your steps.

"Are you related to George?"

"Which one? There's a lot of Georges." the man replied.

Christian scratched his head, "The one in prison."

There was a silence as his eyes looked at the ground and Christian was left waiting. He put out his hand, "My name is Ryan Linssen, nice to meet you. We should take this conversation to a private place. As private as it gets out here, anyway."

On Christian's nod, Ryan turned around and started walking. They walked further into the cave, attracting passing glances from the much more active denizens of the west cave. After a few twists and turns, they arrived at a hole in the wall. Primitive furniture was placed sparingly around, with a nice stone bed. In terms of MP-17, Ryan lived like royalty.

Christian sat down, "Before we continue, can I ask why you were fighting that alien? What did you do to him?"

"I won't tell you everything, but I was challenged because of the very place we're talking in right now," Ryan looked around and continued, "That green idiot thought I was too weak to hold down what I built with my own hands."

He leaned back a little, "Now. How do you know my brother?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0