Chapter 1
213 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Gods' are beings that watch and govern worlds. There's a different 'God' in each dimension and world. And when these 'Gods' would do their job, There's nothing more boring to watch those mortals living their limited lifespans. That's why these 'Gods' came up with the idea to pass the time when doing the job.

Different ideas are being made each day. 'Gods' that govern worlds that always fight are more likely to fight themselves. 'Gods' whose world is so artistic would develop a hobby related to art.

Earth, A world that has many 'Gods' watching over it. The mortals in this world have created many interesting things that the 'Gods' used for their hobbies. An example of these are sports, fiction, and arts.

Mortals didn't know that the world they had created using their imagination has plagiarized by the higher beings for their amusement. Anime and Movies have their own world.

◇◇

A self-proclaimed 'God of Anime' is reading the latest chapter of One Piece. Taking the appearance of a wise old man. 'God' was at the part where Luffy and Kaido are fighting. The 'God' closed the book after reading it. Surrounding the old man was a bunch of volumes of One Piece.

Seeing the books were spread out and messy, The wise old man uses a trick to compress all the scattered books into a single book. A look of satisfaction was on the face of the 'God' and caress the book like it is his precious treasure.

As the self-proclaimed 'God of Anime' of the world, he has a duty to check all the Anime out there and use it to pass his time. But he was beginning to overuse it. He neglected his job of watching his area.

Then disaster struck when his superior noticed him. The book was blamed by the two. It is said to distract the 'God of Anime' because of the chapters in the book. His superior decided to banish the book in his world, But! The God of Anime desperately changes the destination and wished from his heart that the destination would be the world he truly desires. It's the One Piece world.

The superior didn't like it. He calms down and suspended the wise old man for 1 week because he's not doing his job properly. The wise old man accepted it and the worse didn't happen. That he can't read One Piece anymore.

He will gladly wait until he can take the book again from that world. He really hopes that he can take charge of the different worlds of Animes because it's already entertaining to watch the mortals with powers and such.

He wonders where would his precious book falls. What he didn't know, Is that a change had already occurred when someone would discover it.

◇◇

I am Shikage. A normal human whose shadow was stolen by a pirate. I have black hair and a forgettable face. A little bit tall and likes the color black.

I am also one of the victims of the Shichibukai. A member of the Thriller bark victim's association.

My fellow members are also like me, Hiding from the sun to avoid being erased.

Everyone has a way to pass their time in the dead forest. Some of them would do nothing at all.

But the ones who are active at the association are the Rolling Pirates. It was headed by Lola. I already rejected her because I'm too young for her. I think I'm 17. It is hard to know the date in this forest.

These pirates sometimes use the weakness of the zombies to free the shadow inside. Because of Moria's power, It becomes possible for corpses to move around.

In other words, Zombies are the minions of the Shichibukai. I was afraid of it when I was still ignorant at this place.

Fortunately for me, Spoil ojisan accepted me. Ojisan was the chairman of the Thriller Bark victim's association.

The association learned many things from being hidden in this forest. The weaknesses of Zombies and usages of a shadow.

"I have to find a way to get my shadow back" (Shikage)

I unconsciously said that aloud.

But what can I do...

Following the pirates would be good.

"Hey, Shika! Come with us! We need to steal food from the storage."

"Come on... Let's go"

Two voices interrupted my thoughts. I know them and they're called the Risky brothers. We are quite compatible at work.

That's why they would sometimes invite me to join their pirate crew.

"Okay, Let's infiltrate the mansion. I'll be the decoy this time so you guys better give me the salts. Oh! And also take the newspaper so we'll stay updated." (Shikage)

I went together with them and separated when were close. A pair of zombies were guarding the back door to the storage room.

Then, I distracted the bored zombies by baiting them to catch me. The risky brother's thumbs up at me and enters the room.

Looks like the zombies are still limited in their capabilities. They are slow and quickly tire out. It was easy to kite them and throws some salt to purify the zombies. And captures the shadow.

Normally, I wouldn't do anything of this and just wait for a miracle to happen in the forest. Like the rest of the people in that forest.

But something happened to me in the last few days. I saw a book falling from the sky. I thought that it was one of the officer's books at the mansion. I was curious and went towards it.

When I picked up a strange book at the graveyard. I was enlightened! A part of my mind broke through a constriction. The mob mentality where I would just be part of the background.

I read the book and was surprised that the content inside doesn't seem to end at all. It was a good story about the Straw hat pirates.

Then, I couldn't help but noticed that the world of the story is the same as my world. There's also Shichibukai in it. And then I reached the part of the same forest and circumstances that the Straw hat pirates and I experienced.

For your shadow to get stolen by Moria.

This is most likely true and the future that would happen. Why? Because I have read the news and saw the article about the island called Alabasta.

Confirming it was easy and I finally believe it when I asked Lola for her mother. Imagine my surprise when she answered it by telling me that her mother is a Yonkou of the New World.

"This is bad! Shika. Run!" (Risky brother A)

"It's all your fault... Haah... Why did you have to be so greedy!" (Risky brother B)

Again, They disrupted my flashback.

Hmm... T-this isn't real right?

A horde of Zombies was following the two.

"Shit! You guys are so troublesome!" (Shikage)

We run and run and run until the zombies gave up.

The two of them plops down to the ground and took a breather.

Well, I am currently training to increase my stamina and control.

Due to reading it, I made sure to prepare for the time that the Straw hats would wreak havoc here.

I helped the two at carrying the stolen goods and distributed them to the association.

Spoil ojisan gave me a larger portion because we risked our lives to get this.

Of course, I accepted it and traded my food for a good shadow.

Yep! A shadow. I still haven't mastered the method yet.

But you can experience the skills of the shadow you absorbed. I used this logic to remember the skills and learned it with my muscle memory or instinct.

I noticed that Lola is approaching me.

"Ara, Shika! Please marry me!" (Lola)

"... No."

I am most definitely making a face of 'What is this woman saying?'

"Anyway, Let's see how many shadows you can handle now." (Lola)

"Geh. Again? Fine, How many were the last time again?" (Shikage)

"20... You really are our Ace in this association." (Lola)

Looks like my status becomes important. I am more advanced than the others at absorbing shadows.

My maximum limit was 30. Above that, I would lose consciousness and simply waste the shadows.

That is why I am taking the step-by-step approach to improving my retention of combat abilities that the shadows have.

Currently, I'm now at a level of the General zombies. Every time I hunted one of the shadows of the general zombies. It was very productive because the shadows on those zombies are also powerful.

I asked Lola if there's anything more.

"Oh! Right, Shika. Here's the news coo that you wanted." (Risky brother A)

Suddenly joining the conversation was the slim one of the risky brothers.

I received the news and saw the article talking about other pirates. I was waiting for a piece of news from the Straw hats.

After thanking them. I went to my base and relaxes. Moving to a guarded chest and took out my precious treasure.

"Oh... Divine book, let me read what happens next at the Marineford!"

I quickly sit in place and thanked the heavens for giving me this book of prophecy.

Then I was scrolling through the pages, I saw Moria still alive even he was beaten by the Straw hats. I have a grudge against this guy.

Moria shouldn't be allowed to exist.

I decided to come up with a plan after reading the Marineford arc.

◇◇

Weeks passed by when I finally saw an article about the Enies Lobby.

I knew that it was just a matter of time until the Straw hats arrived.

Many things had happened when I was waiting for them.

Ryuma, the general zombie that has the shadow of Brook. I crossed swords with him and manage to flee. It was a desperate battle for me because I was hunting for his kind and he ambushed me when I let my guard down.

I didn't think that I would grow to be strong like this by absorbing the shadows and also by absorbing their combat abilities.

Reaching the 50 shadows as my limit, I can feel that my 'will' is getting stronger the more I knew about the truth of this world.

Just like Brook, Zombies had given me an epithet of Shadow hunter because I kept on hunting for shadows to absorb.

The Gecko pirates would surely move to capture me...

But the Strawhats would arrive soon and will beat them.

I'll be moving behind the scenes and finishes what the pirates started.

◇5 days later◇

The Thriller Bark was in chaos!

Spoil ojisan met the ones who had caused this. We were observing the situation from the start.

The special zombie, Oars continues to run loose.

The Strawhats were beating the top officers of the Thriller Bark. Even Oars wasn't an exception.

We saw the giant zombie flipped around a few times already.

Right, The Straw hats shouldn't be underestimated.

But there's a time limit. Due to Oar's mess, The Thriller Bark left the Florian Triangle and the fog surrounding the sea. The ship could be exposed to the sun now.

This is a problem for the pirates and for us, The Victim's association.

"We're doomed! Sunrise is just around the corner!"

"It's too soon to give up! The Star of Hope's crew is fighting even as we speak."

I heard the Risky brother's conversation.

Looks like they named the Straw hat as the Star of hope.

They were planning to ambush him which they succeeded.

A familiar face is in front of me.

Straw hat Luffy was complaining because he wanted to go back quickly. We surrounded him and the Rolling pirates were talking with him. They were so happy about the things that the Straw hats did in the Thriller bark.

"We use the Victim Network to stay up-to-date on the situation." (Slim Risky Brother)

"We've gone three whole years without our Shadows! If you defeat Moria, everyone will get their  shadows back!" (Fat Risky Brother)

They explained that Luffy needed to defeat the special zombie to beat Moria. The Rolling pirates skipped the explanations and inserted a shadow to Luffy. It is to power up Luffy.

"J-just how strong... is this man's willpower?"

Lola couldn't believe that Luffy could handle that many shadows. The highest amount of shadows absorbed was my record.

But Luffy doubled it and absorbs a total of 100 shadows.

"Haa... Haa... Power is surging through me." (Luffy)

"Right? You can't help but want a fight?" (Shikage)

"Yeah... I'm itching for a fight!" (Luffy)

A totally different Luffy was in front of me. He was larger and buffed. Although I saw this form in my Divine book, It is still shocking to see how Luffy changed.

"This is good! Go on! There isn't much time! Go give Moria a nightmare, Our Star of Hope, Nightmare Luffy!" (Lola)

"Straw hat, Follow me to the mansion. I am Shikage, I can keep up with your speed." (Shikage)

I, too, wanted to help get back our shadows. Assisting Luffy was the best option to do to be free.

Shortly after, We reached the mansion. The situation for the pirates is dire because there was only a long-nose guy and an orange-haired woman left standing.

Nightmare Luffy saved them while I was struggling at keeping up with him. I wasn't fast enough.

But I still reached him and saw the other Straw hat pirates.

"Everyone was defeated by that monster!"

"I see, I'll leave them in your care Shika." (Nightmare Luffy)

"Right! Beat him up Luffy!" (Shikage)

I can hear Usopp's questions to Luffy while Nami was observing us two. Eh? What did I do?

Well, I became friends with Luffy on the way here. A serious Luffy was so different than I expected. I am also happy that Luffy acknowledges me as a friend to count on.

Then, we saw the beatdown of the special zombie and Moria. Usopp and Nami couldn't believe that Oars was sent flying by Nightmare Luffy.

While Moria was distracted by Luffy, The Victim's association came to help the crew of our Star of hope.

"What they doing?" (Usopp)

"Is it the zombies?" (Nami)

"No. That's Lola and the others. Let's go down and join them." (Shikage)

I reassured the two.

Nami is suspicious of me, I understand. We only just met.

The two questioned me when we're going down. Of course, I answered them. The problem is that the questions were all about the changes their captain had.

I told them that the Rolling pirates would do it. We reached the bottom and regrouped with the others.

We all watched as Nightmare Luffy defeated the special zombie and Moria. And at the same time, Luffy's form ended. The Mobs like me were already cheering.

But I knew it wasn't finished yet. Special zombie Oars was back at his feet. Despair was felt once again by the Victim's association.

Just as the story in my Divine book, The Straw hats are back and launched their counterattack. This time, Oars was truly beaten and immobilize.

Finally, The boss of the Thriller Bark appears. All of us watched as Moria absorbs all the shadows in Thriller Bark. I knew that we already won because the Shichibukai can't control that.

I hope that my shadow was also there. But Moria was still strong in this state, and the sun is already rising. Only Lola and I stayed while the others were going back to the forest and shades.

A part of my shoulders and Lola's face were burning. The Risky brothers were asking their captain to go back with them.

"No! Captain Lola... Do you want to die?"

"I'm either going to live or die! I don't care which way the coin flips. I will never go back to hiding in the shadows!" (Lola)

"Captain!"

Lola shouts. Even I thought that she was cool.

Hm... What should I do now?

I want to help but this fight is for the Straw hats to finish.

Then, the finale started!

Moria couldn't keep all the shadows in his body and every time Luffy strikes, Shadows would come out.

Luckily, My shadow is also a mob character. In just a few strikes of Luffy, I got my shadow back and the burning part in my shoulders faded away. I don't have to worry about the sun anymore.

Then, the mast mansion falls down to Moria and traps him. He couldn't hold on any longer and all the shadows came out of him and flew back to their owners.

I excused myself from this place and went to the Thriller Bark mansion. I was spying the awaken Hogback and Absalom. This is the time to execute my plan!

Time to become the Ruler of Shadows!

◇◇

7