Chapter 3
116 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

◇One day after the Straw hats left◇

We're also going to leave this place and set sail with the ship that looks like a ghost ship.

I joined the others and prepare my things.

"Finally, We can say goodbye to this place."

"You're damn right! I was so sick of hiding in the forest."

The Risky brothers by my side expressed their frustration with the place.

"So, Where's Lola?" (Shikage)

"She's making sure that everyone's on board." (Slimmer Risky brother)

"As expected of our Captain! Let's help her! Later, Shika." (Fatter Risky brother)

I saw them off and took my time boarding the ship. Although I'm leaving the Thriller Bark, I'm not planning to leave it behind.

A part of my shadow is staying here. I can easily navigate myself to go back to this place again. My [Doppelman] is really handy. I wonder what can I do more with my shadows.

After waiting for a while, The ship set sail. The ship was wide enough to ferry all of us. We are headed to the closest island to the Florian Triangle.

It is the Water 7. Lola and Nami talked to each other and felt that this is the best island to go to. The Rolling pirates are really reliable.

Even I am thankful for them. I planned on sparing them in the future. Because I would be fighting pirates soon.

But I'm really curious about how the war would turn out after I killed Moria and the others. I hope the future won't change too drastically. Or else, my Divine book would lose its effectiveness.

Scrolling through the book to pass time in my room. I would always make sure to keep up my training.

I am not planning on stopping my training. Even if I look like I'm doing nothing, I am controlling my shadow to animate other animals other than the bats.

If someone looks up inside my room, They would see a flock of crows flying around.

And if someone would enter my room, the crows would gather themselves and turn back into my shadow. I can't wait to have more fun with my Fruit's power.

◇◇

"Ara, How beautiful."

"You got that right." (Shikage)

A few days passed by and we finally saw the silhouette of the Island.

"I suppose this is where we split up." (Shikage)

"Are you really not going to join our crew? My Mama is really strong you know." (Lola)

I forgot about her mother. Being affiliated with Big mom is really good and you would have no problem regarding your safety at the New World.

But I don't like it if your soul was in Big mom's control.

"Yeah, I'm not going to be a pirate. But if I needed something, I'll make sure to give you guys a heads up. Of course, You can also rely on me. Even if we're all separated, We are still the Thriller Bark Victim's association." (Shikage)

After my speech, A lot of them cheered and we felt a bond that won't be broken. Lola couldn't help but propose to me to which I refused again.

Shortly after, We disembark at a rocky cape and everyone exchanged farewells.

Then, I am finally alone after the farewells and I went to a money exchange building.

I exchanged the gems and treasure that Hogback has to kickstart my plans ahead.

Now, I have a large sum of money. I boarded a sea train to go to St. Poplar.

If I'm not wrong, Then the CP9 is currently stationed there after being defeated by the Straw hats.

My plan is to start an organization. And to make this, I needed them. I needed hunters!

◇◇

"Wow, That Giraffe is so tall~!"

"Look at that wolf! It's really cool!"

"Hahahaha! what is that? Amazing performance!"

I was in the middle of the crowd. They're watching the performers in front.

Looks like I'm right. The CP9 are here and they require money to heal the fees for Rob Lucci's treatment.

After the performance ends in the evening, the crowd dispersed. Leaving me alone with them.

"The show's over. You can watch it tomorrow."

A guy with a long square nose talked to me.

"Hey, How much do you still need for the medical fees?" (Shikage)

"!!!"

As expected of them, They're on guard against me. I guess it's my fault for saying my point already.

But I'm fairly confident with my abilities. Yep, I think i can beat them by myself with the element of surprise. And I can also escape easily using my [Substitute]. It is like a form of teleportation by swapping places with my [Doppelman].

"I'm not here to cause any trouble... I wanted to hire you guys." (Shikage)

"Oh... What job is it?"

"Chapapa. I don't think it's better than working with the World Government."

"Huh? You guys work with the World Government?" (Shikage)

"Damn you Fukorou! You and you're big mouth!"

I was playing around to let their guard down. The one who asked for the job is the Ox-like guy while the others who were fighting were Fukorou and hmm... Jabra I think?

"Ehem... As I said, I want to hire you guys as a hunter. Here's my organization's card. I'll take care of all of your problems." (Shikage)

They received a card from me. I wasn't playing around when I arrived here in St. Poplar.

I had established a guild. The Hunters Guild. It wasn't a criminal organization that's why it was easily done.

"So, What kind of job is a hunter? Is it bounty hunting?"

A lady with glasses analyzes my card.

"You're correct! It's simple enough right?" (Shikage)

That's right, I created an organization that focuses on Bounty hunting. I felt like that the Baroque Works in my Divine book has good potential if its leader weren't planning on taking over a country.

But I can surpass this. I'll make a country and my guild would be stationed there and be a major figure in the world.

"It is true that Bounty hunting is permitted by the World Government. But I didn't think you'll start an organization. Anyway, I'm Blueno." (Blueno)

"To add it up, Bounty hunting isn't popular, Many people would think of you like a criminal. Oh, I'm Kalifa." (Kalifa)

"Oh! trust me, It'll be popular soon." (Shikage)

I thought about the escapees of the Impel down in the future. That's why I'm confident with this.

"Chapapa, The offer is really good. And we can also use force on him if it needs to."

"Gyaaaahahaha you're right Fukurou! We shouldn't let a commoner took command of us. Look what happened with our chief! He blamed us for his incompetence! I should've killed him!" (Jabra)

Hearing this, made me pissed.

Very well, If it's a fight you want, You'll get one.

"Fine. Let's see how does the CP9 fare. Maybe it isn't that good considering that the pirates like the Straw hats defeated you all." (Shikage)

I taunted them because I was pissed off.

And it really worked, The word Strawhats really ticked them off and I could hear them grinding their teeth.

"""[Soru]"""

Jabra, Kaku, and Blueno were the first ones to move. I can't keep up with their moves since it was my first time encountering them.

But it doesn't matter, Their attacks connected. Only for them to realize that It was my shadow all along!

"T-this... Isn't this the power of Moria!!" (Blueno)

Of course, As a government spy. They knew the third power of the world, The Shichibukai. And Moria's power is also unique because it's the only one that has a different title attached to its power.

I emerge at the back of Kalifa who didn't notice me until I spoke.

"Yes! I'm the Ruler of Shadows!" (Shikage)

Kalifa does have a good reflex but it was too late. I caught her shadow and prepares my dagger. It is the same dagger that I used to stab Hogback.

"My bad Kalifa san, [Kage Giri]!" (Shikage)

*Snap*

"""Kalifa!!"""

I cut off her shadow and immediately absorbs it. I saw the charging agents.

An attack from a transformed Jabra comes and I dodged it using the same [Soru] they used.

They were surprised by that. Some of them went to Kalifa who's unconscious.

I really hope that I can retain the combat abilities of Kalifa's shadow.

"Rest assured, I don't plan on letting her die. Let's continue the fight you started." (Shikage)

The agents cursed their luck. A Shichibukai's power shouldn't be underestimated. They didn't know where I found the fruit's power.

"If you guys won't come after me, I'll do the initiative! [Brick Bat]!" (Shikage)

I animated my shadow to transform into a swarm of bats and attacked them. This move can irritate my enemies and make them use more of their energy. I'm still gathering information if this move would work at all.

Then, I took a chance at Fukurou's mistake of not paying attention and took his shadow. Empowering me more. Although I only absorb 2 shadows of the CP9, But its worth was like 30 shadows back at the Thriller Bark.

This is proof that the agents are so much better than those mob-like shadows.

Our fighting continues, It was 3 vs 1. I can now keep up with their [Soru]. They were trying so hard to escape from my [Shadow Arms]. This is also one of my original versatile techniques. Hands that are made up with my shadows are chasing after the three.

I am controlling each of these hands to hit and capture them. It wasn't as if the CP9 is weak. I was just stronger than them with my power.

The Kage Kage no Mi is really fit to battle like this. One versus Many. I can absorb their strength one by one and also lessen their numbers.

*Swoosh*

I was close to being hit by Jabra's [Rankyaku] and got a tiny gash in my arm.

(Hmm... I think it's time to end this.) (Shikage)

They really thought that I only attack at long range except for taking their shadow.

Who's the first one?

I know, you've really been annoying to me.

*Crash*

The floor breaks when I dashed.

Wrapping my shadow in my hand, I shaped it like a gauntlet and punched the Ox-like guy.

Blueno dropped to the floor when I smashed him. That guy couldn't even use his [Tekkai] because of my surprise attack.

"You bastard!!!" (Jabra)

"Wait! Jabra!" (Kaku)

Ah yes, Kaku knows that I was done teaching them a lesson.

"Now, I hope you guys don't disrespect me from now on. Also, Consider my offer since this could also let you loosen up and take revenge against your foolish chief." (Shikage)

"May I ask you a question?" (Kaku)

"Go on." (Shikage)

I was also curious about what he's going to ask.

"How do you know so much of our circumstances? How can we trust you? Is Kalifa going to be okay? And Who are you?!" (Kaku)

A barrage of questions came from the serious agent. Jabra slowly transforms to his normal body and looked after Blueno.

"Let's talk about business if Lucci's awake. As for Kalifa and the other guy. Wait... Go back to your owner." (Shikage)

Shadows left my body and head straight to the unconscious people.

"Remember to contact me okay. By the way, Just call me Kage!" (Shikage)

My body transforms into a swarm of crows. All of the crows disperses in different directions.

It is like teleportation. I am back at the hotel I'm staying and reflected on the fight.

I also did my best to retain the Rokushiki of the CP9.

And with this, My first encounter with the CP9 was successful.

◇2 days later◇

I am with CP9 right now.

We're playing at the Bowling alley.

And it seems like Lucci was already informed on what happened in the last 2 days.

"How's this for an offer, You guys like the job as an assassin in the CP9 because of the special privilege right? Then why not do it to the truly evil like the pirates that do evil deeds." (Shikage)

"Like I said, Why do you know so much about us?" (Kaku)

I turn a deaf ear at Kaku and looked at Lucci.

"Fine. I can consider it, But are you really that strong?.. Moving on, We plan on getting back to our hometown. And if someone's going to join you, I won't bother. however, if you're going to betray them. I will make sure to kill you!" (Lucci)

This guy!

I can see his excited grin. What a battle maniac. And here I thought that I could hire this guy.

Change of plans, I won't recruit all of them.

*Boom*

A commotion outside happens.

It was an invading pirate, The people of St. Poplar ran away from the pirates.

Then, The CP9 came and handled it like a pro. Yep! Too pro, Because Lucci performed his excessive justice to the poor pirate.

The pirate was so bloody after being beaten up by Lucci. And the townspeople were afraid of them. The mayor came and looks at the scene.

"I'll take care of this... Hello, I'm from the Hunters Guild. I'll make sure to punish the pirates. I will also send the 10% cut of the bounty to the city." (Shikage)

I moved when I saw the mayor, Negotiation was done. I also promoted my Guild as the protector against the pirates.

The Agents saw the fear in the eyes of the townsfolk.

"Looks like we can't stay here anymore." (Blueno)

"Why did you have to do that Lucci." (Kaku)

"It's only right to perform Justice. Also, I was hungry for blood!" (Lucci)

They were ready to leave the place. But something happened that changes the mind of a few agents.

Only three of them didn't agree with Lucci and the others. They've come to like the peace and recognition they received from the gratitude of the people.

Just like the thankfulness of the kid and the flower they have received.

After I was done with the dealing. I turned around and saw my future companion.

They are Kaku, Blueno, and Kalifa. The three of them agreed on being one of the first hunters in my Guild.

While the rest of the CP9 went back to their hometown. Where the Marines are already there to capture them.

I didn't say it aloud and kept it in myself.

"Let's get along guys! Rest assured, I'll make sure you guys won't regret this." (Shikage)

"That's harassment." (Kalifa)

"I'm tired at being on the front lines." (Blueno)

"So, What's our next move?" (Kaku)

Oh? How cute, They're finally accepting my Guild.

"Well, let's spread the name our Guild first! Let's go to the Saboady Archipelago." (Shikage)

The very best way to spread your influence is to be at the center of the world. That place is close to the Headquarters and other government places. It's also filled with Pirates where our targets are.

This place is also filled with reporters and such. Making it easy for news to spread overnight.

"For now, Let's set our goal to capture a Supernova there. Hahaha" (Shikage)

Time for a Mob character to hunt a side character!

◇◇

5