Chapter 5
103 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm still regretting that I didn't ride the Ferris wheel back at the Saboady Archipelago.

Looking back, I should've enjoyed more of that place instead of hunting. Anyways, I'm now aboard a Navy battleship heading towards Marineford.

Kaku and Kalifa were guided by novice marines that won't take part in the war. I've sent them to our ship, Thriller Bark.

He would make sure to keep everything okay while Kalifa would make plans on how to design their city.

As for Blueno, He stayed at the Saboady to continue our recruitment of Bounty hunters under the name of our Guild. We need to take advantage of the situation, especially when my name is in the spotlight due to capturing a supernova.

Since there wasn't a force or an organization centered around bounty hunting. Our Guild is unique. Bounty hunters are more of individuals. The hunters are all about themselves.

My Guild isn't that different but I have the people on my side. The civilians would likely hire us to protect them from pirates and other fugitives. The WG isn't the only one that makes a bounty, Anyone can. And I told Blueno that we will take all kinds of requests.

It isn't always about pirates. There's also an abundance of criminals in the whole world.

But Pirates are more active in the world. Especially the big names in the New World. Like the one, I'll be fighting in the future. A Yonkou!

"Man... I think I'm too inexperienced to join the war." (Shikage)

I had a sudden feeling of getting cold feet. The place we're headed was the battlefield of the greatest war in my Shikadiary.

What a terrible place to be a part of. And I'm on the side of the marines.

What should I do?

After thinking for a while, The time limit to get out of the battleship ended because I can already see the Marineford.

The battleship was carefully docked and we all disembarked.

I was led into the room of the Royal Shichibukais by a marine.

Noises from the inside were so loud.

Then, the Marine opens up the door, making the people inside look at us. The other Shichibukai are already here and having a feast at the large table filled with food.

I finally saw the faces I have only seen in my Shikadiary. I instantly regained my cool and greeted my hm... Co-workers? oh, Colleagues.

"Thank you... Etto, Hello everyone! I'm Shikage, You can call me as 'Shadow hunter'. I ate the Kage Kage no Mi. The next Ruler of shadows. Nice to know you all." (Shikage)

The silence was the only treatment I got from my fellow Shichibukai. They focused more on eating and drinking wine.

Well, Except for the man in a feather coat.

"Fuffufuffu... Look what we have here. Is he a replacement for that buffoon? Hey, Are you a weakling like Moria?"

I chose to ignore Doflamingo and went to the nearest chair to join the feast.

But then I can't move a step forward. Even opening my mouth is difficult.

"Fuffufuffu!" (Doflamingo)

Without realizing it, I was being controlled by Doflamingo at the get-go.

The others didn't even bat an eye to my situation.

(What a warm welcome, senpai's) (Shikage)

I decided to put some effort to show them I'm the same Shichibukai as them.

I shrugged off and controls my shadow.

Shadows began to cloud the strings and slowly moved to the source, Doflamingo.

"Oooh?! So this is how it's done? Thank you for the kind lesson, Senpai!" (Shikage)

Before the shadows wrapped his fingers, Doflamingo cut off the strings connecting to him, which made me free from his control.

And due to that, I have learned another technique based on this. Materializing the shadows is easy for the Ruler of Shadows.

Shadow tendrils surrounded my back. It looks like strings. I decided to name it [Shadow sewing].

"Fuffufuffu. What a surprise! You! You're better than Moria! How fun~! I didn't know 'Kage Kage no Mi' could do that..." (Doflamingo)

"The kid got guts." (Mihawk)

"Men are so childish." (Hancock)

"..." (Kuma)

"Zehahaha! interesting!" (Teach)

I finally have a reaction from them. I took the chance to sit beside the pirate empress. She's really beautiful.

Then I gorged myself with the foods on the table while observing the others.

The one with the flamboyant outfit is Doflamingo, A narcissist pirate. he's still checking me if I'm worthy enough to join them here.

Next is the pirate empress, Her focus is totally not here, I can hear her murmuring about her loved one, Luffy.

I think I'll get along with her if she knew I'm friends with Straw hat.

After her, is Blackbeard. Looking at him now, I can see how he's abnormal. If he is really the main villain. I'll stay away from him. Although I want to ask him how can he have 2 DF abilities.

Then, Kuma. Nothing to note. I didn't care that much about him since I know why he's quiet. His personality should be gone in this war.

Last but not the least, It's Mihawk. He's so cool. He's only drinking wine right now. And his eyes are really creepy.

"Hey, Kid! Get closer to me and I'll turn you into stone." (Hancock)

I just realized that I'm offending her, Even though I'm far enough from her.

"Hancock-senpai, Don't say that. As both of us share the same goal here, Let's join forces." (Shikage)

"Don't call my name casually! You rude Kid... What do you mean the same goal?" (Hancock)

I got her attention. Well, It's true that I want to help Luffy too.

But I'm also like an ant here in this war, I want to have an ally too.

*Whisper*

"I'm also a friend of Luffy. I want to help him save his brother." (Shikage)

"!!!" (Hancock)

A surprised Hancock is still beautiful. I couldn't help but be jealous of Luffy.

With this, I'm on her good side already. I hope she won't accidentally kick me and transform me into a stone.

There wasn't anything major that happened after I talked with the pirate empress.

Then I stayed quiet for the rest of the day and slept comfortably.

◇The next day◇

All eyes of the whole world are at the Marineford. Monitors and video transponder snails are placed to show everyone in the world the execution of Ace.

A force of 100 thousand marines and their Admirals were ready.

Then the Royal Shichibukai are also with the Marines.

I was the shortest and youngest of them all

But I showed them that I can't be looked down on. A large shadow clone was behind me!

『3 hours before the execution of Ace.』

The fight would begin any moment.

I saw Sengoku on the execution platform along with Ace. By the way, Ace is my favorite character in my Divine book. I really hope I can change the outcome of this war.

An announcement was made by the Fleet Admiral about Ace's biological father.

It was none other than the Pirate King, Gold Roger.

The scene where everyone was quiet was unreal for me. All the marines in the plaza were so quiet and tongue-tied.

The proof that the pirate king has a serious influence on these marines.

I guessed that the people watching right now are in chaos. The bloodline of Gol D. Roger lives on.

A marine reported the sighting of Ships that are affiliated with the Whitebeard pirates.

Then the opening for the war began when a bubble burst in the middle of the sea. At the dock and bay of Marineford.

A ship emerges from the sea and It's the Moby Dick, The mothership of Whitebeard's fleet. A huge old man slowly stood at the figurehead of the ship.

"Fuffufuffu. The strongest man of the world! How chaotic!" (Doflamingo)

"Senpai's, Have you seen Blackbeard?" (Shikage)

I directed our attention to the scheming bastard. I knew he only wanted the status of Shichibukai to go to the Impel down to recruit the dangerous criminals there.

Well, I'm not complaining since I'm also using the title to benefit my Guild.

But I wanted to point that Blackbeard is really the main villain here.

"Gurarara... How many years it's been, Sengoku."

A deep and manly voice came from our enemy.

(So, This is a Yonkou. What a presence.) (Shikage)

We all watch their interaction. We're all just here to provide backup for the marines.

My goal in this war is to avoid dying and get stronger if I have the chance. I'll stockpile the shadows and retain the abilities of these pirates.

They're good enough to stay in the New World. I'm sure they know how Haki works and more.

Then I quietly talked with Hancock-san.

*Whisper*

"Pirate empress-san, I heard that a breakout happened on Impel down led by Luffy." (Shikage)

"Oooh Luffy~ 💕 Just knowing he's safe makes me happy... Hmmph. Kid, what's your name" (Hancock)

"It's Shikage, Senpai." (Shikage)

"Shika-boy, Once Luffy is here, Give him this spare key. Help him if he's in danger!" (Hancock)

"Yes yes, I'll do it even without you telling me. I'm indebted to him." (Shikage)

While we were talking, The war finally began when Whitebeard crack the air and a Tsunami descends on us, only to be stopped by an Admiral. He turns the big wave into ice.

He also made a foothold on the sea by freezing the bay.

The war between the Marines and the Pirates intensifies.

◇◇

*Boom*

Bombardment rained on both sides. Like what Doflamingo wanted, It's chaos!

"Who is this kid?!"

"Kill him! We'll rescue Ace!!"

"Diee!"

A bunch of pirates had charged at me. All the Royal Shichibukai joined the fighting. There are only 5 of us since Blackbeard and Jimbei didn't join.

And these pirates thought I'm a pushover and rushed towards me.

"Oh man, why me? haa... Don't blame me for this!" (Shikage)

I shaped my shadow as a scythe and also rushed to the pirates.

I slashed them with my scythe. The pirates tried to block it but my scythe passes thru their weapons and their body. And they simply passed out. Their shadows willingly went towards me.

My attack is quite different because I'm not attacking them physically, I slashed their shadow!

So the only way to stop my attack is to block it with Haki because my shadow is permeable.

On another note, my [Doppelman] uses shadows to attack and beat people up by his fist or transforming the arms into different weapons.

By the way, My shadow isn't fragile, on the contrary, my [Doppelman] and shadows are hard and can block steels.

After handling the pirates, I observed the battlefield. Cannons are still firing and explosions are everywhere.

A gigantic demon was in the center of the frozen bay, Oars jr came to rescue Ace.

"Let's see, Where are my fellow warlords." (Shikage)

Currently, The Warlord/Shichibukai are at the Bay's line. Guarding the plaza and the execution platform.

A few pirates had breached the bay just like the pirates I dealt a while ago.

"Oh shit, Hancock-senpai is attacking both pirates and marines. Yikes!" (Shikage)

The people who received the pirate empress attack had their bodies shattered.

"Ursus Shock!"

*BooOoooOooM*

A large aftershock came when Kuma made a move. He blows up the gigantic demon, Oars jr.

Doflamingo dodged the desperate attack of Oars and cuts off Oar's leg.

But the demon still moved and reached the plaza. This is the part where I should kill him but I didn't move. Hawkeye was the one to do it for me and Oar received a huge slash wound at his chest and fainted.

"These mob pirates kept coming at me. What the hell is their problem with me." (Shikage)

Of course, I'm not just standing around. Due to my weak presence, The pirates considered me as their way to the plaza.

In fact, I'm the one who has the most stats in taking out the pirates.

Luckily, They can't block my scythe. A large bundle of Shadows is in my possession. My scythe automatically uses the [Kagegiri] and separates their shadows. Those shadows are sucked by a huge silhouette. My own shadow.

"Good good, Absorb it all [Doppelman]." (Shikage)

This is where I differ from Moria. All he thinks is how to strengthen himself using the shadows.

But I'm different, I used the shadows to strengthen me and my shadow!

My [Doppelman] is already at the size of Kuma. I wonder what will happen if my [Doppelman] grows stronger.

I'm still holding back the pirates that wanted to reach the plaza.

"Fuffufuffu!"

"Stop it! Don't do this!!"

Damn it, My creepy Fri- fellow warlord is busy with his hobby. To control people to attack their allies like a puppet master.

"Senpai, You're really enjoying this aren't you." (Shikage)

*giggles*

"You should do it too... Don't be too so boring now, Kohai. *giggles*" (Doflamingo)

I think he's the only one who's responding to me. I considered it and dispersed my scythe.

And like a man playing piano, I controlled my shadows using my fingers.

"[Shadow sewing]!" (Shikage)

The shadow tendrils pierced an unlucky pirate and Just like Doflamingo, I controlled his movement and used him to attack.

But not everything is smooth sailing for me.

My inexperience was shown when the pirate's arms and legs bent unnaturally and I decided to seal this technique.

The [Shadow puppetry].

Even If I gain Doflamingo's praise, I won't use it again. But [Shadow sewing] is effective in this chaotic battle.

◇Minutes passed by◇

*Boom* *Bang*

The Marines' strategy to execute Ace earlier than the schedule commenced.

Then the marines and the pirates continue to clash. Even the commanders of the Whitebeard pirates fought the Vice Admirals of the Navy HQ. Intensifying the War.

The war is at the climax when a Battleship falls from the sky!

"Aaaaaaaacccccceeeeee!"

"Someone, Stop us~!"

"Noo! I don't want to die like this!

"Heehaw!"

Voices of the falling people resounded on the battlefield. They drop right in the middle of the battlefield.

It's miracle that they fall into a spot without Ice.

The Rookie Straw hat Luffy and the other people from Impel down have come to join the War. Their objective isn't clear and they all have different agendas!

"fuffufuffu... There's a former and an active warlord together! and is that supposed to be the big troublemaker rookie... Straw hat!"

"Luffy! I'm glad that you're alive!"

"He always causes trouble, That Straw hat!"

I can hear the reaction of my fellow warlords to Luffy. Except for Kuma who didn't react at all.

And when Luffy starts to charge at the plaza, Jimbei and Luffy's Nakama joined him.

The chaotic war becomes even more chaotic.

But my attention is at the escapees of Impel down.

I really am thankful that I joined the war, My shadow isn't the only one absorbing shadows.

Every time I absorb a good shadow, I'm getting stronger. Although it's temporary since they would vaporize from the sun if they're exposed, I still retain some of their abilities.

As for my [Doppelman], He's absorbing the shadows and fuses with it even if the owner dies. Dominating the weaker shadow!

I knew that by the time the war is over, I'm the one who'll benefit the most from it!

War is the best for the Ruler of Shadows!

◇◇

4