chapter 7
224 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Teach!! You alone, I will never accept you as my son!"

"Zehahaha! It's been a while! I've come here to see you die, Old man!"

Sengoku received various reports from his subordinates. They quickly identified the people with Blackbeard.

The Impel down Level 6 prisoners!

"Fuffufuffu! How brilliant! Now, this is a pretty turn of events!"

"Blackbeard! How did you get in here!"

"Zehahaha! The only reason I wanted the title of a Shichibukai is to Infiltrate the Impel down! I don't need it anymore!!"

All attention was diverted to Blackbeard.

Even Ace and Akainu stopped for a moment.

Then Blackbeard pirates fought the Marines and Whitebeard.

Whitebeard separated himself from his sons by splitting the plaza into two.

Ace warned his Old man about Blackbeard's ability to nullify the Devil Fruit powers.

But the favor of the battle shines to the people who just arrived.

Whitebeard took the all-out attacks of the Blackbeard's pirate crew.

Ace and his other crew members watched as how Blackbeard continues to shoot him.

As for me, I'm already preparing to leave. I checked the state of the war and all the attention is focused on Blackbeard.

"One Piece... IS REAL!!!"

The voice of Whitebeard was heard by all the people in the Marineford as well the people watching the monitors at the Saboady.

I can't help but respect Whitebeard. If I were given a choice to join a pirate crew, I would've chosen Whitebeard's pirate crew.

*Whoosh*

A breeze envelopes the battlefield. Everyone on the battlefield experienced another strike in their Will.

Even I nearly lose consciousness again. And an overbearing heat assaulted me!

All eyes turn to the one who unleashed the Conquerer's Haki!

A scorching blue flame surrounded Ace, the one who should be executed!

In the eyes of the pirates who knew the Pirate King. The standing Ace and his presence overlapped with their memories of Gold Roger.

Especially Buggy, who clearly remembers his captain in the old days.

"E-eh? This isn't the scene in my Divine book... That does mean I changed it?!" (Shikage)

Part of my goal was to affect the story in my Shikadiary. I guessed that I did it already!

The pirates are already retreating from the chasing marines. But a certain pirate crew wanted to take the marines head-on!

*Crack*

*Boom*

The tremors still aren't done! The Marineford would sink if this continues.

But it isn't Whitebeard, It is Blackbeard who did it.

The war is separated into two parts. The first is to chase Fire fist Ace and Straw hat Luffy, The second is to suppress Blackbeard from destroying the Navy HQ.

Ace's fire was clashing toe to toe with Akainu's firepower. His newly acquired power of the hottest flame can even block and negate the lava.

Well, Akainu isn't the only Admiral here. And Aokiji and Kizaru are chasing after Luffy.

Meanwhile, I'm just chilling at the sidelines of the battle between Blackbeard and the old men of the Navy. Garp and Sengoku.

"Yikes, That guy is a monster!" (Shikage)

I watched as Garp and Sengoku were holding back Blackbeard from destroying the Marineford.

"I have a message for all the people in the world! Commoners, Marines, Government, And of course, Pirates! The future of the world is decided! Zehahaha That's right, From now on, THIS IS... MY AGE!!" (Blackbeard)

As he declared that, Everyone who saw him was disturbed.

I hope that he would forget about me.

Anyways, The pirates are already retreating. My fellow Warlords were just standing around like me.

Our job was to fend off the pirates and we don't have to chase after them.

It's also not our job to fight the ex-warlord Blackbeard and his crew.

"Fuffufuffu... How about it, Want to contest with me. Hawkeye?"

"No need, I don't plan to get along with you."

"As usual, You're too boring."

Then I felt Doflamingo's stare.

No... Please no. I don't want to be his buddy.

Then a piercing glance hit me. Damn it, It's Mihawk-senpai.

I kept a serious face and my sweat ran down my cheeks.

"U-uh... What is it Senpai?" (Shikage)

"Kid... Did something happen? Your eyes. It changed."

Huh?!

What's he saying? Well, he's an eye expert.

"What? You didn't notice. Here, Look! You also seem different, Shika boy."

Hancock-senpai saw my dazed look and took out an order-made mirror from her secret pocket. Did s-she just-? Nevermind.

(a/n: Guess where is the secret pocket. Hint: It's where she stored the key of Ace's handcuffs)

I guess that she uses it every day for her to look at herself.

Then, I was surprised by what I saw. My original no feature and forgettable face were no more!

Two beautiful blue eyes are in the mirror! My reflection!

I must say that with this, I'm sure that I would make a strong impression on those who'll see my eyes.

"I'm not sure what happened but... I believe it changed when I've awakened... Well, It's just my suspicion... Does it look good, Senpai's?"

Then my colleagues went back to their usual attitude of ignoring me.

One day, I would make you all treat me like your equal!

"Fuffufuffu~! An Awakening huh? Kohai... It seems that you're way better than Moria. I guess I don't have to erase you! That's a bit sad... The higher-ups should approve you." (Doflamingo)

"Higher-ups? What do you mean?" (Shikage)

Even Hancock listened to Doflamingo.

"The Five Elders wanted to know if you are qualified to take the title of a Warlord. And it looks like your performance would satisfy them. Fuffufuffu... There's still vacancy again after Blackbeard and Jimbei." (Doflamingo)

"Damn... They're really deciding everything for us huh..." (Shikage)

Squat sitting beside them, I quietly rested in my spot. I look like a rebellious kid. But It doesn't mean I'm not doing anything. My [Doppelman] is still active and was beginning to have an addiction to fighting.

I saw Hancock-senpai leaving our spot and dashes away. I heard her scream. I wonder what happened to Luffy.

For her to be worried like that, It's worrying.

Anyways, I need to do something about learning Haki. Can I ask Mihawk-senpai how to learn Haki?

Damn it. We just met today!

Hmm?!

"Hey... Why did the fighting stop?" (Shikage)

"See for yourself." (Mihawk)

"Fuffufuffu! Interesting!! Both sides didn't win! hahaha~!" (Doflamingo)

I noticed that there wasn't fighting anymore. And when I saw a red hair pirate. I unconsciously let out a sigh.

Finally, The war is over when Shanks arrived at the Marineford.

He singlehandedly ended the war of the best. Marine fleet Admiral Sengoku accepted Yonkou's proposition of ending the war and taking care of Whitebeard's remains.

Both sides have accepted the ceasefire.

Blackbeard and the Whitebeard's remaining pirates retreated from the Marineford.

News has already spread far and wide about the Navy's failure of executing Ace and Whitebeard's death. Just like what Doflamingo said, Both sides didn't win.

And if we're talking about winning. It's the Blackbeard's side who benefited the most in this war.

As for the rookie, The one who led the jailbreak at Impel down and rescued his brother in Marineford. Straw hat Luffy. His fate was shrouded with speculations.

Many rejoice from the news, Commoners who don't know anything were happy that the strongest man in the world died and his crew was beaten by the Marines.

Marines all over the world couldn't help but worry about the future. Although the Headquarters had beaten the pirates, There's still trouble ahead of them.

Because they had let go the menace that has the blood of the late Pirate King.

The world is at a new age. Terror was rising!

◇◇

A few hours passed by.

The Marines were being treated by the medics. Everyone is busy recovering.

The place was still in rubbles. Sengoku was contemplating the situation of Impel down.

A marine told him about the Tragedy of the prison.

Of course, My opportunity is here.

Sengoku freaked out when my [Doppelman] rose from his shadow.

I [Substitute] with my [Doppelman]. And faced the hardened old man.

"Hello hello... Sorry for surprising you. I'm the new guy. Shikage, Uhm... Sengoku-san, I would like to officially introduce my Guild to you. The Hunters Guild will be the home of Bounty hunters." (Shikage)

"Bounty hunters?"

"Yes, So... Can we collaborate? Can I have a copy of the list that identifies the prisoners who escaped from the Impel down?" (Shikage)

As I said my demand, I saw him brooding about it. Looks like the old man is considering if it is plausible or not.

Well, It sounds beneficial for both sides too. I'm sure he will report it to the higher-ups.

"... Give me time to think about it. Who knows if you're using your title just like Blackbeard. I need to report this, I really don't like the way they responded about the prisoners."

I can see the frustration of Sengoku-san, It's hard being the subordinates of those higher-ups. Oppss, I forgot, I'm also their subordinate.

"I understand... I'll stay here for a bit Sengoku-san. Unless you gave me an answer on how you discovered the Thriller Bark." (Shikage)

"Don't push your luck, Pirate! You do-"

"Stop right there, I'm not a Pirate! I'm a Bounty hunter! I'm expecting that we would be hunting pirates together, Sengoku-san." (Shikage)

I cut him off and left the place.

There's still plenty to do here, I joined the marines who were cleaning up the Island.

My Divine book doesn't show the real thing after the war.

The plaza and the sea at the bay are filled with corpses of all those who died. And these corpses are either the marines or the pirates.

Especially the gigantic corpse of Oars jr. Luckily, I got the Marines's cooperation and reanimate the corpses as zombies by putting the shadows on them.

The corpses are moving to the coffins and would be purified if they're put to the coffins. An easy and lazy way of cleaning the battlefield.

I know, My power is Cheat-like.

By the way, The owners of those shadows are hiding from the sun.

"Oh man, Why did that bastard have to cut Oars jr's legs like that." (Shikage)

"Fufu... Is that what you call me now, huh? Kohai!"

*Giku*

I jolted and was surprised by Doflamingo's sudden arrival. A sweat drops from my cheeks.

"You heard it wrong Senpai! Anyway, Why are you here?" (Shikage)

If I'm not wrong, This is the time that this guy beats up Moria. I wonder if I'll have the same fate as him.

"Be glad Kid, The Higher-ups decided to retain your position. And they especially spread your name for you to be feared. They can't have an unknown guy be a Royal Shichibukai. fuffufuffu... If you aren't one of us, I would've liked you to join my crew." (Doflamingo)

Like hell would I join him and his crew.

"Thanks for the offer Senpai, But I wouldn't like to be dead just after agreeing to it." (Shikage)

I saw him laughs and removes the almost invisible strings coming at my neck.

Then he quietly left. I let out a sigh, Dealing with him is so stressful.

Back to moving corpses.

I'm doing something that would surely threaten my title.

It's stealing the corpses of the strong marines or pirates. Zombies are ingrained in my mind as an unstoppable force when I was a victim of Moria.

That's why I have a move called [Create: Undead]. Making corpses move.

And of course, I would continue to use zombies. These corpses could be the new generation of general zombies. The only thing lacking is the shadows. But I have found a way.

Speaking of shadows, My ability had awakened. The 2nd type!

My Influence over the shadows was boosted. I could now use my Influence in the shadows of the dead and inanimate things.

That's why I controlled the shadows of the dead and revived the corpses as zombies. I ordered them to sneak off away from this place.

If only I could laugh like a madman here, I would've done so... But I don't want the Marines to notice me.

My target is that gigantic corpse of Oars jr. Sadly, It's too eye-catching.

『Shikage』

"Oh, It's you... What's going on?" (Shikage)

『Everything is alright』

My [Doppelman] gestured a thumbs up, He's my current lookout right now.

I can't believe I have a sentient shadow.

Well, I guess it's not that bad at all.

◇1 week after the War◇

*Hammering*

*Clattering*

The Marineford was recovering. Workers and Marines joined together at repairing the buildings and roads of the Island.

The Marineford was wrecked by the Gura Gura no Mi. And the holder of its power is currently making waves in the new world.

When I thought about Blackbeard's power, I wanted to peek at what he did back then. How he'd acquire that power. Is it the same with my method? Who knows.

The marines have given me a room to stay. I'm being treated as a guest. The room is comfortable enough.

But I'm not comfortable at all.

"Arghh!! When will that old fossil contact me!!" (Shikage)

I scratch my hair because of my frustration. Sengoku! Why won't you contact me?

I'm only staying here because I wanted the deal to happen. But there wasn't a sign of Sengoku's approval.

And I'm already prepared to depart for my home, my ship, my headquarters. I wanted to see the Thriller Bark.

Of course, My hunter contacted me thru the transponder snail. They reported how they were doing.

Also, They've reunited back with their former colleagues of CP9. They don't want to be a fugitive anymore.

It seems that they were abandoned by Lucci.

Well, Good for me. I hope they would respect me.

After a few minutes of waiting and a knock sounded.

I saw the Fleet Admiral at my doorstep.

"Walk with me"

Huh? That was cool.

"Oi."

"Ah! yes, I'm going." (Shikage)

I quickly joined him and we walked together.

I saw the state of the Island. It isn't good but it's recovering.

Aside from being busy with the repairs, I can also see some marines moving quickly to gather weapons and were deployed to the seas.

Many calls for help were being received by the Navy HQ. All around the world have pirate troubles. Even small criminals are active due to the shortage of Marines.

The world is beginning to return back to the early days of the great pirate age.

"Kid... The situation outside is grim. Pirates are running wild. We also have troubles from the escapees." (Sengoku)

"Uhm... It's Shikage, sir."

He started the conversation while I just listened to it after complaining.

"The Five Elders have decided to take your offer and work with the Bounty hunters. From now on, The Hunters Guild are allowed to function under the approval of the WG." (Sengoku)

"Right. Thanks Sengoku-san." (Shikage)

We shook hands to finalize it. The paperwork would be done at a later time.

But I can still see him struggling to say something. I heard him sigh and couldn't believe what I heard him say those words.

"Shikage. Do you want to be a warden?" (Sengoku)

E-eh?

Eeeeeeeeeh?!

◇◇

3