Chapter 1: A mysterious beginning
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Drip* *Drop* *Drip*

The sound of water droplets rhythmically falling on the hard ground penetrated my ears and woke me up from a deep slumber.

I felt my consciousness slowly resurfacing and my mind rebooting.
My eyelids were heavy and I found it hard to open them but nevertheless I was able to shake off the drowsiness and finally woke up after a couple of minutes. 

I slowly scanned the room I was in. A cold place made of stone with no windows and water leaking from the roof, and the only thing existing here is a small mirror with a small sink under it.


 That was all there is to this place, I slowly stood up from the hard floor, my action triggered the sound of my joints cracking. My movements were rusty and slow, probably because of me sleeping on the stone floor.


"where am I ?" I asked myself searching my memory for any clues.
After couple of minutes of racking my brain, I couldn't find anything. In fact, I don't remember anything about myself, my family, my age, my home... Nothing.


 All I could find was a name that was engraved into my memory. This name was mine, Arthur.


Looking down, I checked my condition, I wore a shabby trousers riddled with holes and a worn out shirt that hung loosely on my small shoulders. All in all I looked like a beggar. "what an amazing choice of clothes" I chuckled to myself.


Then I made my way to the sink, looking at the mirror I observed my reflection.


 I had a very handsome face with a pair of mysterious yet beautiful red eyes glowing in the darkness and dishevelled silvery white hair that covered my forehead, I didn't know my age but I looked very young, probably 13 or 14 years old. It's weird to say but I was captivated by my appearance that I kept looking at myslef for a while, and I'm not a narcissistic okay!

Averting my eyes I took off my shirt and checked my body for any abnormalities.


 My muscles were quite trained and appeared quite clearly, but what attracted my attention was something else. My abdomen was covered with black scribbles akin to runes. The the runes ran all the way from my abdomen to chest.


I couldn't understand the language of these runes neither did I know where they came from.


After inspecting my thighs and arms for any of these tattoos , I couldn't find anything.


"This really confusing.... I should get out of this room first" I couldn't bother to keep thinking about this situation and went to the wooden door.


The door was old and filled with cracks, the metal handle was rusty and dust accumulated on it, this meant that no one entered this room in a long time.


"how did I get here then?" questions kept adding with no answers to be found. I pulled the handle and the door slowly opened with a creack.


Getting out I found myself in a corridor expanding from left and right endlessly. The corridor was small with 2 meters between the walls and torches hanging on these walls lightning the dark path.


I chose a random direction and started walking aimlessly searching for anything or anyone. The place was very quite and I could only hear my bare feet touching the cold stone.


One minute passed, and then two and three with nothing changing in the scenery.


Suddenly, an image of my head getting penetrated from an arrow popped up in my mind, and my body moved on its own as I tilted my head to the side, and strangely an arrow flew a few centimeters away from me and disappeared into the dark corridor right behind me.


Every thing happened in a second, and I only reacted after this. "that was close. "


Strangely, I was calm, abnormally calm to the point where my heart didn't even race as if I lived these situations of near-death countless times.


"What was that image that appeared in my mind?" it was very quick but clear enough for me to remember.
But before I could even think about it, I heard the click of something ahead of me.


"This is going to be..... Interesting" 

1