Chapter 4: The stigma system
22 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The place that was buzzing with people went quite, hundred or more corpses littered the whole room and dyed the floor and walls with blood.

Body parts and heads could be seen everywhere, even though I was never agitated since coming to this place I was still a little bit overwhelmed from the site.

I looked down to see Rista, her cold face already gone and what left was terror and fear coating her beautiful features. I knew that she won't be able to move for sometime so I sat beside her waiting for her to calm down while looking a the silhouette of Rudolf who stood there seemingly not fazed.

"I must apologise for this unproper way of introducing things, but you should understand that this is necessary."  his voice was cold and emotionless as well as his apology, to the point where I couldn't even consider it one.

"DON'T FUCK WITH ME, YOU CALL THIS A TEST, THIS IS A FUCKING MASSACRE!!! " A scream of agony and fear echoed from someone from the croud.

The one who yelled like this is a young man, 16 or maybe 17 year old. His handsome face was contorted and he was breathing heavily trying to control his emotions but failling miserably.

" As I said previously this is a necessary step for the future. You think this is a world of rainbows and happiness. If you enter the maze you should be ready to face your death, the death of your companions or your loved ones. You believed my words and followed me like I'm a messiah without even questioning my identity or whether I'm hostile or not. If you think about your safety then you better understand that everything you will pass through in this exam is crucial for your survival. " The young man couldn't retort to Rudolf's words and just glared at him.

" Now that we are done with trivial things, shall get into the real deal." he then tapped his forehead twice with his finger. A weird circle instantly appeared on his forehead. The circle was colorless with weird letters circulating it.

Then the circle started radiating white light. The light didn't last long and small white balls left Rudolf's forehead floating in the air. The white balls akin to bubbles increased in number. From 10 to 20 then 50 and like that. Quickly the butler was surrounded with small bubbles and the circle on his forehead disappeared.

Everyone watched his actions with a slight amazement and wariness. After floating for some time, the bubbles started moving in different directions, each one going to one of the people. One of them reached me, I tried to touch it but my finger passed through it. The bubble kept moving and entered my body through my chest. I felt a warm sensation engulf me,  power surged through my body  and all I could do was bask in this warmness.

[Host has been detected]

[Starting assimilation]

[Assimilation 0%]

[Assimilation 10%]

[Assimilation 20%]

A weird image appeared floating in my vision. The image was half transparent like a hologram. The words changed periodically seemingly completing something.
.
.
.
[Assimilation 100%]

[Assimilation completed!]

[Welcome to the stigma system!]

Stigma?
I found the name weird and unsettling but I didn't give it much thinking as there is way more important things to think of.

"It seems that the assimilation is completed for the most of you. The stigma is a system created by the rulers of the maze. It gives the maze riders assistance through there journey. You will see now that the system will choose a weapon according to your bodie constitution, mind capabilites and many other variables. Please wait until you get your weapon and then we shall explain the rest." Rudolf's voice echoed through the room. I understood most of his words and I looked at the floating hologram.

[Weapon creation completed!]

[Host's weapon: The twin daggers of gluttony]

My hands started glowing and 2 crimson daggers appeared out of nowhere.

The handles were carved beautifully with two arching blades creating two beautiful weapons. I grasped them tightly examining tgem and looked around me.

Everyone was holding a different weapon. Swords, Maces, bows, warhammers you name it.

"After getting your weapon, the other parts of the system should unlock." not waiting much after his words the image changed and multiple phrases appeared.

[<Profile> unlocked]

[<Map> unlocked]

[<Inventory> unlocked]

"Your profile should show your personal information and everything about you as a maze rider. Now please think about the word 'profile', it should appear for you." the butler explained.

I didn't wait much and thought in my mind 'profile'.

And chapter 4 is done. I will tottaly appreciate it if you like the chapter and leave a comment. I'm nothing but a beginner and I want to learn from my mistakes that you point out. Thank you so much!

2