A Blessed Event p.2
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile, in the real world, Camilla's apartment door was knocked down by a drunk older brother.

"Cammie~! Come on, let me in!" Blaine called from behind the door. "It's a Friday night, and you rather stay locked inside your apartment than hang out with your favorite brother?"

Blaine took another swing of his beer with a giant grin on his face and kept pounding on the door. Tonight was his and his girlfriend's two-year anniversary and the night that he officially broke things off with her. It was the longest relationship he ever had, and he genuinely liked this one. Still, the cracks started showing months ago, and eventually, Blaine had to come to terms that she was just like the rest.

His whole life was filled with women who wanted to brag to their friend about "catching" the famous heartbreaker or wanted to "fix" him and have him wrapped around their little fingers. Many of these women thought they were coy or that he could see through their little tricks, but what made them believe they different from the ones before them? Sometimes he played along; after all, if they were getting something they wanted from the relationship, why shouldn't he?

Maybe that's why he couldn't tell if he was sad drinking or celebrating the end of his latest relationship. Usually, he was good at seeing other people's real intentions, yet he believed that his ex genuinely cared for him. He was even thinking of finally settling down!

The relationship went downhill when he introduced her to his family, especially Camilla.

.... Who would've guessed his ex would hate his family's guts?

She said his father acted like a robot while his mother was a gossipy hen. The youngest, Damian, was a weird kid who had no idea how to socialize. At the same time, Camilla was an unambitious, lazy college student who was content with sponging off their parents. The only person who was safe from her complaints was the oldest child, Alexander, and if that wasn't the story of Blaine's life...

Who did she think she was!? Just because he complained about his family all the time didn't mean she could too!

He thought about breaking up with her after an argument that started with her implying that he needed to cut off enablers like his parents and sister and ended with his ex comparing him to his brother. He decided to end it entirely after a charity ball where she tried hanging off Alexander's arm the entire night.

"Cammie! Now you're just mean!"

A lightbulb went off in his head, and he fumbled for his keys. When Camilla finally moved away, Alexander insisted on everyone having a copy of her apartment key in case of emergencies.

"oh sh**," Blaine muttered out as he dropped the keys and stumbled onto his knees to pick them up the floor and forced them into the keyhole. The lock opened with a soft click, and he fumbled to his feet in triumph.

"Ah-Ha! bet you regret giving me that key now!" Blaine walked into the small apartment, his body swaying with each step. Most of the lights were off except for the bedroom, so he happily skipped over into the room.

"Cammie, tell me honestly," He slurred as he leaned against the doorframe, the bottle in his hand spilling on the floor. "Am I pretty? Is that why I can't find a decent woman? Because they're all intimidated by my good looks?"

After getting no reaction, Blaine finally looked towards the bed where his sister was lying down in her pajamas. Her eyes were closed, and her new DreamStation plugged into a cheap extension cord. She was wearing the matching console headset, which meant that she was deep in the "dream sleep" that the game company was famous for.

"I knew it," Blaine sighed dramatically. "You rather play video games than comfort your poor heartbroken brother. Well, whatever, I'm gonna lock up and crash on your couch." He moved to turn off the lamp on her nightstand, whose bright light was already giving him a headache when he noticed a strange light emitting from his sister's headset.

"What the hell?" He muttered as he leaned in for a closer look. One of his ex-girlfriends had a DreamStation console, but it never glowed blue like that. He vaguely remembered an internet conspiracy where the blue light was actually spyware the company installed to steal their users' information, but that didn't explain only one in a million users could document the blue light in their headset.

The blue light suddenly glowed brighter, and Blaine moved his arm to save his tired eyes from the stringing light. After his sudden movements, the beer bottle in his hand tipped to the side and spilled half its content on the cheap extension cord.

"Oh sh**, Cammie, I'm sorry!" He blurted out, not realizing that she still couldn't hear him. "Hold on; I'll clean it up."

After stumbling around the kitchen and grabbing an entire roll of paper towels, he finally returned to see that the extension cord, console, and headset were letting off thick bouts of smoke and bright red sparks.

"Cammie!"

0