Volume 1 Preface
183 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PREFACE


A coastal province in mainland China was one of the first adopters of the Open Door Policy. Because of the economic disparities between the regions of the country, many migrant workers from other provinces were attracted there, resulting in rapid population growth. The present day population was in the hundreds of millions.

With the influx of people, various problems naturally cropped up, including some supernatural affairs. Since the founding of our country, one of the fundamental national policies has been to eliminate feudal superstition, but when faced with unimaginable events that science has trouble explaining, things become difficult. For this reason, the provincial Ministry of Public Security secretly set up the Strange Investigations Team (SIT) to take care of the supernatural events that occur across the province.

Because the existence of the SIT contradicted national policy, the Ministry of Public Security never publicly acknowledged its existence. Forget ordinary citizens, even the vast majority of policemen serving had never heard about it. Since SIT’s cases dealt with bizarre and unbelievable things, if made public, society would be sent into panic.

Therefore, all records of the cases handled by the SIT were made confidential within the Ministry, with only the team members and a few senior officials authorized to access them. But nothing was impossible, and everything had an exception. If these case files were to be published into a book and released publicly, what would happen? But dear readers, don’t take this too seriously. Just treat it as a piece of entertainment and avoid asking too many questions, otherwise continuing this text will be difficult.

0