Chapter 85 (part 1)
194 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Han Yanyan read up on the Amijin Empire all night. When she got up the next morning, she asked Leo for clothes. "Something nice-looking, and make sure I have something to change into every day. How many depends on how long you plan on letting me rest."

Leo, whose notion of morning had been topsy-turvy for a long time, was barely even awake. "..."

"I've given you the permissions. Just tell the AI what you want and let it synthesize it for you." He turned over and went back to sleep.

A little while later, an alarm sounded.

Leo: "..." He covered his ears and turned back over.

Another alarm sounded.

Leo: "..."

The alarm sounded continuously and tenaciously, going off every twenty to thirty seconds.

"Han Yanyan!!" Leo finally lost it and yelled at the internal comm, "Stop trying! You don't have the authority to synthesize guns, knives, or weaponry of any kind!"

"Ah... gotcha." Han Yanyan's voice returned to him through the internal comm, as light and careless as the wind on a cloudless day.

Leo: "..."

He laid back down to sleep.

When he woke up, Leo asked the AI, "Where is she? What is she doing?"

"She is in the grow room," the AI replied.

"Is she armed? Is it safe?" he asked, washing up. You couldn't be too cautious around that deceitful, dangerous woman. 

The system had been monitoring and scanning Han Yanyan the whole time, and it guaranteed that she was currently safe.

Leo wiped his face dry and was about to leave the bathroom when he suddenly stepped back and leaned toward the mirror.

His face was handsome, of course. He had been born quite passable to begin with, and on top of that he had also used on himself a personally-prepared genetic improver, optimized his body twice, and adjusted his bones twice. Therefore, his appearance surpassed that of most.

It was just that his hair was far too long. Leo combed his fingers through it and found that it was a little tangled.

"System, bring up all the images of men who've been intimate with Han Yanyan in the simulated world," he ordered.

When Leo arrived at the grow room, he had a new haircut and was looking neat, fresh and sharp. He had even abandoned his scruffy plaid shirt in favour of a dress shirt in pure white. All cleaned up, the formerly gloomy young man suddenly seemed crisply refreshing.

Feeling a hint of expectant anxiety, Leo walked into the grow room, forcing himself to stay calm.

The unique smell of plants hit him in the face. This was the place on Leo's cold spaceship where it felt most 'alive'. The grow room was not small - it had to be two or three stories high at least, and the many rows of culture tanks inside looked like bookshelves. Some plants had already produced golden ears, some had just sprouted little green seedlings, some were hung with strange fruits, and some were precious oxygen-producing plants that were able to photosynthesize highly concentrated oxygen. Tiny robots shuttled amongst the plants, busily taking care of them.

The outermost wall of the grow room was is a curved, transparent dome, forming an arc from the ceiling to the floor. Outside was the vast universe.

Han Yanyan had made herself a comfortable recliner and half-lay under the dome. The holographic screen was a foot away from her face, and text was flashing across it. For an ordinary person, the speed she was turning pages at was a little too fast. Before one could read a few lines, the page had already turned.

"You read very fast," Leo opened, attempting to relieve the tension.

Look at me. Hurry, look at me.

"I've always been a fast reader, but thanks to you, my speed has doubled." Han Yanyan's eyes were fixed upon the screen as she focused on reading.

"My speed is eight times yours," he told her proudly, "Ever since I was in school, I've never met anyone whose reading speed and memory exceeded mine."

Come on, look at me. Look at me now!

"Oh," Han Yanyan said faintly, without so much as turning her head.

Leo: "..." Would you die if you turned around and took a look?

The grow room fell into silence. 'Oh' truly was the best conversation-ender.

Leo stood there for a while before saying dully, "I'm going to do some experiments." After that, he added fiercely, "I hate it when other people disturb me while I'm doing research. You can stay here by yourself and do whatever you like. Don't bother me!"

Alas, even his threatening tone failed to make Han Yanyan lift her head and look at him.

All of a sudden, she moved. Leo's heart pounded, but she was just rising slightly to pick up the juice on the little table next to her, which she then drank slowly.

Leo had spent half an hour picking and choosing in his room, finally selecting Qiao Chengyu from amongst the men who had been close to Han Yanyan. Although every man had been made to conform with her personal aesthetic, Qiao Chengyu was different.

He had been tailor-made for her.

Leo then cut his hair to look like Qiao Chengyu's and put on the white shirt that Qiao Chengyu had often worn. Eldest Miss Han Yanyan had often kissed Qiao Chengyu while eagerly unbuttoning that white shirt, praising him as "so sexy I could catch on fire".

Leo felt like the effect should be about the same if he wore a white shirt too, and waited for her to look over and praise him.

Unexpectedly, Han Yanyan didn't even raise her gaze. She picked up her cup, sipped her juice, then put it down again and said, "Got it."

Leo stood there for another thirty seconds before turning around in frustration.

3