Chapter-2: The Beginning (2)
1.4k 5 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Young master, say 'ahhhh~'"

Lucas opened his mouth and gulped down the baby food that Alisa was giving.

'Ughhh.... I hate this taste.....'

He didn't like the porridge since his past life but he still endured the taste and ate obediently. He knew how difficult it was when the babies didn't eat because of his experience in past life. And he still needed nutrients and energy to be stronger faster, too.

'And why are these twins looking every of my move?'

The Evandall twins, Maria and Edwin were gazing at Lucas with sparkling eyes, thinking how could a baby be this cute when eating. They even made a sound like 'kyaaa~' when they noticed that Lucas was looking in their direction.

This was making Lucas a bit awkward since he was not that familiar to being watched like an idol. He then sighed and continued to eat what Alisa was giving him.

'It is already 2 weeks now.....' Lucas thought in disbelief.

It was already 2 weeks since Lucas had come to this world and possessed this baby's body. Life here was comfortable. His family seemed to be pretty rich, by looking at his home width, staff and furniture. The maids were caring and paid full attention to him. His brother and sister also came to see him and played with him every time they got the spare time. It was really certain that he was well-loved.

One thing was that he still didn't know the face of his parents. They didn't even come and look for him, not even once. Lucas even started to think whether they were still alive or not.

'I miss my home....'

It was a thought that Lucas had since the beginning. He knew he was leading a comfortable life here and was filled with love by his siblings and staff but it still couldn't compare to his original home. Was he already dead in his own world? Was his family crying in grief by now? Were they able to eat and sleep well?

These were the questions that Lucas asked many times in his mind. He knew that his own family loved him so much so they would definitely get sad a lot when he died. He just wished that even if he died they would get over with his death and lead a normal life again quickly.

Seeing that Lucas became gloomy suddenly, Alisa and the twins got worried. Lucas was a quiet kid since he was born. He rarely cried or threw a tantrum to the adults. He was obedient, ate well, slept well and didn't enjoy playing that much. He was a strange child. But lately, he became gloomy at some moment, with the eyes that were drifting away in some deep thoughts.

'He didn't like the porridge?' Alisa thought. She instantly knew that was not the case because Lucas became gloomy not just now but from time to time. One night Alisa saw her little young master staring at the night sky through the glass window, with an expression that seemed to be thinking something deeply.

Maria immediately chanted some magic words and as soon as she finished chanting, crystal clear water balls began to appear on her palm. The water balls were moving around her hand and started to circle around Lucas face. It was something that a child would be interested in.

"Look at these, Lucas? Aren't they cute? This sister is starting to learn water magic and I can maintain some basic chants." Maria smiled, trying to gain back Lucas's interest.

Lucas, acknowledging his sister's effort, tried to shift his concentration to the magic that Alisa was showing and finished the eating. He couldn't do anything by now just by thinking such depressing thoughts. He had to acquire knowledge as soon as he could so that he knew what happened to him and if there was any way for him to go back. He also wanted to know how to use the magic in the world like that one that Alisa had shown.

Lucas touched the water balls in curiosity, getting the cool feel of water surrounding his finger. That was really interesting to look at as he had never seen such magic before. Maybe he might also be able to do some kind of magic tricks like this?

Maria seemed to be happy so see Lucas playing with her water magic. It was really difficult to maintain such magic, although it was so basic, because of her mana attribute. Her mana was perfectly made for sword arts, not for controlling the elements of nature.

"Hey, Maria, why is your mana so flexible? I can't even create things like that." Edwin pouted since he was not good at handling other types of magic except his sword magic.

"Because I am a genius, dear" Maria claimed proudly, wanting to look really smart in front of Lucas.

"Nah, you just stole my abilities in mothers' womb," Edwin retorted back. But realizing what he had said, both Alisa and the twins seemed to be a bit sad.

Lucas noticed this and he started to think whether his parents were already dead or not. He decided to pursue the answers this time. Maybe they would explain what had happened to their parents.

"Mama?" Lucas tilted his head in a cute way, like a baby who wanted to know where his mother was. Was his age already at the time when babies knew their parents? Well, he didn't care.

But as soon as he did that, Lucas realized he made the wrong move. Alisa was looking at him with sad eyes while the twins appeared to be wanting to cry. They also looked hesitant to reply to Lucas.

"Well, mama is not here now." Maria took initiative in answering. "She is looking after us from the sky." She smiled and patted Lucas's head.

"Yea! She is looking after us!" Edwin also followed. "Always.... right, Maria?"

"Of course!" Maria replied back.

With this reaction, Lucas could easily notice that their mother had already passed away. Lucas also felt sorry for the twins as they had to lose their beloved mother at such a young age. Lucas held the hand of Maria that was patting his head and smiled back to tell them it was ok. He chose not to ask for his father anymore as he thought it would be bad to remind the twins if his father was also dead as well. After some time, the twins said goodbye and left for their respective studies.

The night came by and Lucas was left alone in the cradle as he pretended to fall asleep to make Alisa go away from him. It was really tiring staying with a person who was looking after you without letting you have a second by yourself. Lucas knew Alisa did it with good will but he still wanted to have personal space as he was not originally a baby.

'Is there any god to pop up and explain my situation?'

Lucas sighed. He really thought it would be much better to have a god or system to explain the situation. But after two weeks, nothing happened. His daily life was eating, sleeping and being entertained by the twins and Alisa. It was really normal (except for the magic part) and normal.

Now he knew the truth about his mother's death. 'Is it not that she died due to labor, right?' He unconsciously thought as this kind of story was really used quite often in some reincarnation or transmigration stories. He also wanted to know how his father was, though.

Before he finished his trails of thoughts, he heard the door open. It made him alert, thinking if it was an assassin or such. This was really common in the novels he had read. He even prepared to cry out immediately if the situation was not in his favors.

But to his surprise, he found out that the one that entered was a man with a sturdy build, whose face could not be seen quite well because of the dark but he didn't seem to harbor a murderous aura towards him. The man slowly came and looked at Lucas in cradle, while Lucas looked back at him with his wide open blue eyes.

'Who is this? Why is he in my room when it is this late?' Lucas thought nervously.

"Ha.... why did Edwin and Maria really urge me to come to this place...." The man started to talk to himself as he got near to Lucas, enough to look at his face.

"Why are you awake?" A cold voice could be heard asking Lucas.

Lucas wanted to answer back but all he could do was 'ahhh' voice which didn't make any words. 'It is really troubling'. Lucas was really depressed not to be able to talk. But the man didn't seem to care what kind of expression that Lucas was making. The man also just gazed at Lucas for a while. He then continued.

"Why did Stacia have to die while giving birth to you...?" Sorrow and anger were involved in the man's voice. He seemed really depressed to look at Lucas.

Lucas did grasp the situation. It must be his father that he wanted to meet. And his thoughts were right. This baby's mother, whose name was supposed to be Stacia, died while giving birth to this body. The man must have really loved Stacia so much that he loathed Lucas's existence which brought death upon his beloved.

Lucas considered whether he should call him out or not. Parents usually felt warmth and happiness when they heard their child calling him, right? He didn't know if this would work upon this man but he wished it would relieve the glare that he was making.

"Papa!" Lucas called him out. What amazed him was that his wish really did come true. The man just sighed and his expression also turned to a softer side.

"Just stay healthy so that Stacia life is not wasted and meaningless." He just said these words and left immediately.

The atmosphere was heavy around Lucas. His said mother died during labor and his father appeared to loathe him for that. The twins didn't look like they hated Lucas, though, much to his thankfulness.

'I never thought that it would be this painful to hear about my parents.....' Lucas couldn't help but to sigh and he just let himself to be drifted into sleep.

43