Chapter-7: What is with this damn God!?
1.1k 6 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'What is this glass....?'

As soon as Lucas gained consciousness, all he could feel was the touch of glass he was lying on. He thought he would be on his fluffy bed again but this feeling proved him wrong. He then opened his eye lids slowly only to be welcome by a strong white brightness.

'Ughhhh... What is this....?'

Lucas tried to adjust his eyesight to the current situation and after a few seconds, when he could see his surroundings clearly, he became doubtful of his eyes. All he could see was he was lying on a layer of glass-like field, and the scenery around him was nothing but a sky with clouds.

'Did I get transported into an anime opening, now?' Lucas cracked a laugh to himself, as he lightened up his mood. Well, he didn't really want to stay in a place without any people and where he could only see the clouds. It would be so lonely.

But his anxious feeling didn't last long.

"Dear child"

Lucas immediately turned back his head when he heard his name being called by a soft gentle voice. What he saw was just a figure of a human, wearing clothing which was kind of similar to what ancient greek gods wore.

"I didn't know that you would be coming to me as soon as the arc started" The man giggled.

"Who are you?" Lucas asked. 'He must be someone who has some relations to my situation.' He inwardly thought and stared at the strange man.

"I am just a god of the world. People from your world knew me as Lucian." He explained.

"Ahh~" was just what Lucas said. So this man was the god Lucian. I never thought that I would meet him.

"So you know what happened to me." Lucas said to Lucian. "I really got transmigrated into a novel?"

Lucas recalled his memories. When he was Arkar, he read so many web novels and manga. He read various types of genres. When he didn't have anything to do, he just opened his phone immediately and started to explore novels to read. It was like his greatest hobby that he truly enjoyed.

There was a novel named "Way Back Home" that he read long long ago. Well, that was not that popular novel among the people and it was just a typical Isekai novel where a Japanese high school student got transported to another world suddenly, prophesied as a hero by the high priest of that world, started his journey to defeat the demon lord and also finding ways to go back to his original home. Lucas didn't really remember each and every inch of the novel but at least he could recognize the plot line.

"It is also a truth but at the same time a fault." The reply of Lucian made Lucas dumbfounded.

"Eh?"

"Well, that novel you read is not a story just written merely for an entertainment purpose. It is a record. The record of what the future holds for this world."

"Woah... There are also cases like this?" Lucas was surprised. 'So people in this world are not just characters but real ones...' He thought.

"So, why did I come into this record?" Lucas asked again.

"Do you remember the end of the story?"

Being asked back by the god, Lucas tried to rethink the plot of the story. Combined with the years he stayed in this world, It was already around 8 years that he had read that so it was really difficult to remember.

"Ah....." Finally Lucas remembered. The protagonist, Ryosuke did defeat the demon lord but his comrades died in the process. At that time he still held the dream of going back home but it was shattered when he was notified by the god that he could not return anymore because returning to his own world would destroy the worlds' balance. And then he went on a rampage and became a villain who would destroy the world.

The story ended in tragedy. As Lucas didn't like the sad endings, he even cursed the author for writing a novel like this. Ryosuke, the protagonist, did his best to fulfill his destiny but the author didn't send back home!? Why did he have to be so cruel for the protagonist?

"Yes, Ryosuke became a villain who destroyed the world. It was like creating an existence which was much worse than the demon lord." The god answered.

"If you said this is the true record, then did you bring Ryosuke to this world?"

"Yes, I did. It was to overpower the demon lord. No human would not be able to stop him in the future so I needed someone who will harbor power as him." Lucian exclaimed.

"Couldn't you just bless someone from this world? Why make trouble for another person?" Lucas couldn't understand why the god had to bring over other people from other worlds and create problems.

"If I could, I would have done that. I could not give a blessing to a person twice. The people from this world already got blessed by mana. So I needed someone from outside who hadn't been blessed by mana."

"So you just pull in someone unrelated just for your purposes." Lucas was annoyed to hear that. He even thought that the god reaped what he had sowed when Ryosuke turned someone who would destroy the world for the demon lord's stead.

"I didn't want to. But I had no choice."

"Then, what about me? Don't tell me the accident was your doing to bring me over, right?" Lucas was glaring with cold eyes at Lucian. His cute and sparkling crystal-like blue eyes seemed like deadly cold ice at that time.

"No. It was already your fate. I just brought your soul to this world's vessel." Lucian giggled again while answering. He seemed to be amused to see someone glaring at him like he would kill him.

"Don't tell me you brought me here to defeat Ryosuke!?" Lucas glanced at him. The last thing he wanted to do was to kill the protagonist, who was also a victim. Besides, his magic was the healing type. How would a person with a support ability gonna defeat someone with overpowered attack skill.

"That depends on you. You can either help Ryosuke on his journey and not let him become a villain or you can just defeat him after he becomes one."

Lucas wanted to kill the god for his answer. How could he easily tell him to kill Ryosuke when all the things were started because of his fault!?

"What if I refused to do so?" Lucas was being a bit resentful to the god. He was amazed at the god's reasoning. Maybe for him to get the safety of one world, the feelings of one person might be easy to sacrifice.

"That just simply means that the world will be destroyed again. I could not tell what I would do next, though." Lucian just simply smiled. "The decision is yours, dear."

"Ha...." Lucas just sighed. "So is there any system and such to make me become overpowering?"

"No, dear." Lucian just made a gentle smile.

"So I only got the healing magic?"

"Yes, dear."

That smile was becoming really irritating to see for Lucas.

"Can I get the manuscript of the record again? I can't remember what exactly happened." Lucas thought it would be so great for him to know the future. At least that would give him clear direction about what to do.

"I can't. The record is now being rewritten so the old record no longer exists."

Lucas felt horrified by the answer. He really couldn't remember the story that much so he was afraid he would be like a blind chicken who was looking for rice. He had no chance but to squeeze out his memory as soon as he could.

"But I could tell you what might happen a little bit. You should just meet me here."

Lucas just lightened up by Lucian's information.

"So, where is this? How can I come here?"

"This is the state of between life and death, dear."

This answer just made Lucas agitated. Before he could protest to the god, Lucian cut him out.

"The time is going up so I am going to advise you. Find out the limits of your healing abilities and make Ryosuke be ready to fight against the demon commanders. I think you will get around 5 years for that. Don't forget to have fun too!"

With the last words of the gods, Lucas started to feel drowsy and felt that something was pulling him back to fall down. He cursed the god for just giving information at the last minute which he didn't had any chance to ask questions back. Well, he would just squeeze out the answers when he got back. With such thoughts he just closed his eyes and let his soul lead him where he should be, only to be welcomed by cries and hugs when he tried to open his eyes again.

"Lucas! Finally you are awake!"

36