Chapter-11: Plan 1.1 (1)
932 2 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The mansion in the capital was quiet as the twins headed back to the academy for their final year. Everything was normal and peaceful. Lucas was also busy with reading books as usual, since the library in this mansion had some books that he hadn't read yet in his home in Evandall. He really did love reading, both in his past life and here, no matter what the genre of the book was. But now he was really focused on reading geography and a wide variety of history, not for entertainment purposes but to look for necessary pieces that would take part in his little plan.

Lucas lifted his head out of the book piles when he heard a knock. The one knocking informed that he was the butler of his father, Cassius. He gave permission for him to come into his room right away, thinking about what Cassius wanted from him. It was truly rare for his father to call upon him.

But lately, Cassius's behaviour was starting to change bit by bit. A few days ago, he attended Lucas's birthday and even gave him a present. He was starting to have small talk with him during the times they ate together although it was super super short and awkward. But it was really delightful for Lucas to see his father's expression getting soft on him and paying attention to him more than usual. Lucas planned to meet with his father more than usual and talk with him a lot since he wanted to understand his father more and get close with him, building up their relationship.

"Young master Lucas, his grace has sent me to escort you back to his office." The butler made a slight bow with his right hand on his chest. If Lucas remembered his name correctly, he must be Anton.

"You mean, right now? Did he tell you the reason?" Lucas looked at himself who appeared to be a little bit unsightly to appear in front of his father.

"Yes, he told me to bring you at once but he didn't state why, young master."

"Alright, alright….. Give me a second."

Alisa helped him to fix up his clothes and his messy hair. Lucas felt a little bit nervous for the reason. though. 'Is it something important?' he thought.

Now he was standing in front of Cassius' desk, which seemed to be filled with piles of papers. Cassius also seemed to be irritated for some reason and this made Lucas gulp down without knowing it. Was his father always this busy with paperworks? He wasn't like that the last time Lucas visited him in Evandall city. Did the monster evasion really take this much toil on the territory?

When Anton excused himself, Lucas was told to sit on a sofa where Cassius sat facing him. His father definitely looked like he was an annoyed man.

"How is your health?" Cassius started the conversation.

"I am doing fine, father. I feel really fresh and comfortable." Lucas answered with a soft smile. Come to think of it, it was such a rare sight to see his father concerning for him. Cassius really did change after the accident so should he be really glad to suffer?

"There is something I want to discuss with you." Cassius's appearance and tone remained unchanged as usual.

"Yes, I am listening, father."

'Wait? Cassius really wanted to discuss with me something!? That cold father of mine who always did what he wanted without telling anyone!?' Lucas was surprised by the sudden development but he chose to be calm and serious by reading the atmosphere.

"You remember the one you saved before?"

"Yes, father. He is the one with black hair and eyes and wearing strange clothes, right?". Lucas replied thinking that 'Oh, it must be something related with our dear protagonist.'

"Actually, there is a lot more to that boy, Ryosuke Harada." Starting from this, Cassius explained everything he knew about Ryosuke, like how he was from another world and was involved in the prophecy of Lucian, how he was a multiple-magic wielder and how the king decided to keep him in the church's control.

Lucas listened to all of this without interrupting his father. Of course, he knew all of this but still, he had to make a surprise and wow face like he was a child that stumbled upon something unbelievable. Lucas even wanted to know what level his acting skills would  reach as he believed there would be more cases that he might have to act like one who knew nothing.

"And what I want to discuss is related to this." Cassius paused before continuing with more seriousness. "Although the king made him stay in the church, that boy made a request. He said that he wanted to live with us because he feels close to you and it will help him to adapt to this world easier. And since he didn't hold a positive mindset about him being in this world, the king decided to let him go after he is prepared with the basic knowledge in the church."

Lucas didn't know why but Cassius appeared to be more and more irritated while speaking this to him. But Ryosuke was going to live with them!? But that was not supposed to be like that according to what he had read! Did his actions change the mind of Ryosuke? But it was not that bad if Ryosuke lived with them. It would help him greatly in his Plan 1: Make Protagonist happy to live in this world.

"It seems the King also wanted to pair up with you and him, too. That cunning mind of his is preparing to look for a partner for Ryosuke and the accident also caught his interest in you." Cassius sighed. "So what do you think about it? Do you want to let him live here?"

'Wow, he is really seriously thinking about my opinion?' Lucas thought. He realized that his father didn't want to let Ryosuke live together with him. It would be more correct to say he disliked the king's idea.

'Was he worried that I might get involved in the mess? I am already involved, though.' Lucas also realized that his father found some difficulties in refusing the king's order. He was a powerful duke but this case was related to the god Lucian and the future hero. Currently, the territory was also in the aftermath, and there might also be some other nobles who wanted to backstab or overthrow the duchy if the chance arised. He couldn't obtain the wrath of the King, for now as the king was also always watching the power of them and didn't really like how powerful they got.

It seemed to Lucas that if Lucas refused the idea, Cassius would also refuse it, without caring about the consequences.  He was glad to know his father was really willing to consider him. That was a big development compared to the last 7 years.

"I am ok with it, father. I think I will find it great to accompany him. Since he is from another world, I can also get more interesting stories. That will be amazing!"

Seeing Lucas's happy behavior, Cassius sighed once more. But what he added next made Lucas to be stunned.

"The information related with Ryosuke is ordered to be kept as a primary secret. So don't tell it to other people."

'Then, why are you telling me this!??' Lucas was caught surprised.

"You mean.... everything related?"

"Yes, everthing"

"Even not to big brother and sister?"

"Yes, not to Edwin and Maria, too"

It might because Lucas was the main companion of Ryosuke, Cassius informed him of this.

The conversation was quiet for a while and then restarted by Cassius, again.

"If so, you will have to live in the capital. Is that ok?"

"Of course! I find the environment here fun and exciting! And brother and sister are also in the academy in the capital so there is nothing to worry about."

Finally, Lucas was able to convince his father to not worry too much and he could handle it pretty well. In addition, he would also be starting his basic sword lessons starting from this week and Ryosuke would also be joining him. After being lectured about other necessary things from his father, Lucas came back to his room.

"I guess my plan is going to be activated sooner than I expected." Lucas cracked a smile while laying down on his bed, thinking about his Plan 1.1; Getting to know the protagonist!

34