Chapter-15: A Stroll around the Capital (2)
781 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was already around 2 hours since they arrived at the market area and Lucas felt like he wanted to cry.

'I feel like I am babysitting a 10 years old kid!' Lucas, who was a seven year old child by himself, (if one didn't include his mental age, of course!) sighed in tiredness as he was pulled along to different types of shops by Ryosuke, a 14 years old kid, who was now in the peak of excitement by seeing the magic tools in the market area.

"Lucas, isn't that cool!? That dagger design is something you would only see in the games! Man. I can't believe they really exist! Ah, you won't know what games are! I will explain to you later! You will be amazed by their greatness!"

'I also can't believe that you are a game freak!'

Since the time Lucas and Ryosuke were here, Ryosuke was immersed in his interests of magic related tools, saying that they were similar to the weapons in games he loved. He was not definitely wrong, though.

'Come to think of it, Ryosuke also did gather and store some precious weapons he got from his raids… So, the reason is because it is similar to the weapons designs in the games he played on earth?' Lucas just decided to let him do whatever he wanted as it was a rare chance for them to go out.

"Yes, Yes… big brother Ryo, look it to your heart's consent… We still have a lot of time left."

Lucas just followed Ryosuke, who was drowned in his own fantasy of looking at various kinds of weapons at a store which sold the artifacts that adventurers, also known as hunters, brought back when they were going on a monster raid. But Lucas could understand the excitement of Ryosuke as he was also amazed by the variety of goods that the store held, thinking how much relationships or connections he had with the hunters.

"Since we are already here, why don't you buy a sword or some tools related to enhance your magic?"

"I still can't decide… Most of the weapons really interest me but they are too expensive. Do you think the king will scold me if I buy a lot?"

There were two types of artifacts and weapons. Firstly, those which were crafted by humans by using the mana stones that they got from mines and some easy monster raids in the borders and secondly, those crafted weapons, whose crafters were unknown, and mostly found on the demons' land. Although they were both high in price, the latter was far more rare, powerful and expensive, the least expensive one being over 50 gold coins.

Since all the expenses used by Ryosuke would be billed to the king and cut out from the nation's budget, Ryosuke was worried that he would be overusing and got smacked by the king. 'Dear boy, the king is not your mom. The worst you get will be that your expenses will be limited.'

"I think you should buy one or two. Maybe you can check more when you know which will be best for you. It's not like this event is a once in a lifetime event."

"Yea, you are right." Ryosuke's eyes shifted to a sword which was hanging on the wall. Lucas also followed Ryosuke's gaze and landed on that beautiful long sword, with its handle in a deep black color and decorated with a crimson red stone. The scabbard was also a simple one in black color with a dark brown leather strap around it.

Ryosuke asked the merchant to show him that sword, which was gladly done in a second. The sword looked more elegant when one saw it in a close range which made Ryosuke's fumed in more excitement.

"You have a good taste there. It is the new item crafted by Torkel Greiner! The mana stone in the middle is also a rare one which enhances one's mana by 45%! Since it is from Torkel, the durability has nothing to say!" The merchant was explaining the benefits of the sword wholeheartedly as Ryosuke unsheathed the sword from its scabbard, revealing its sharp and fine-looking blade.

'I thought it was from the monster raid. But the effect is great though… The blade is also a fine one'

"Is Torkel a famous crafter?" Lucas asked Carl who was standing behind them.

"Yes, young master Lucas. He is known for the durability and fineness of his blade. And also for being expensive, too, although it might not be a problem for young masters. And the mana stones he uses are also said to be reliable." Carl explained as if he was a fan of Torkel with his eyes glimmering.

Lucas felt a need on studying the outer world more instead of reading books. He didn't know this Torkel man or other people who were famous that much.

"Try a strike of two with it, big brother Ryo." Lucas gave way for Ryosuke in order to be able to know whether he was ok with using that sword or not.

Ryosuke also did as Lucas suggested and try holding the sword in various postures, also did a clean strike. He also did try to fuse his mana with the sword which went very well and at the same time, felt a stronger mana like the merchant said.

"I think that is really great! How much is this?"

"It is 20 golds young master. But it is definitely worth the price!"

'That's really expensive, mister!' Both Lucas and Ryosuke eyes got widened by the price, figuring out how the heck the hunters were surviving with the prices of such weapons. Carl also seemed to have teary eyes, thinking that he would take a long time to buy such sword.

"Lucas, I think I am not buying it."

"Why?" Lucas was surprised as Ryosuke appeared to be greatly in love with the sword. And it was also a good one. The king gave out a lot of money to him, too.

"I only brought along 10 gold coins." Ryosuke was in a deep depression but again, his face was filled with happiness when Lucas said that he would fill in the 10 gold coins that he needed. And at last, they bought the sword and left the store and its merchant who was smiling, till his teeth were shown, telling them to come again next time.

"Lucas! You are definitely an angel!" Ryosuke was in a great satisfaction and joy, hugging the sword that he just bought. He said he would pay back when they arrived back at the mansion but Lucas refused to do so as he also wanted to buy Ryosuke something since he still had extra money to spend.

"I am happy to see that you like it."

Since it was already the evening, they were now looking for a restaurant to have some light meal. Carl asked whether they should call the carriage to bring them to some expensive restaurants for the nobles but both Lucas and Ryosuke decided to have a meal near the market area as it was not easy to enjoy this easy and relaxing atmosphere.

Finally they found a decent one, filled with many people which indicated that the restaurant was relatively popular among the commoners. They took a seat at the table which was located in a corner of the restaurant and Carl went to the counter to make some orders, after asking what Lucas and Ryosuke would want to eat.

"Have you heard about the news? The hunters were able to successfully raid a territory of bear tribe and won!" One middle-aged man who was sitting not very far from where Lucas was, told the other one who seemed to be his friend. His voice was so loud that Lucas could hear everything he was saying.

"That was amazing! That tribe is a pretty strong one. The hunters did a good job there."

"That's right! And that tribe deserves to be exterminated as they are the spawns of demons."

The two men laughed in satisfaction while drinking their beer. They looked like they were enjoying the moment a lot.

"Is the bear tribe really that bad?" Ryosuke asked in curiosity as if he didn't pay attention when his instructor was explaining things to him things.

"I really don't know as I haven't seen them in person. But we don't have good relationships as they are allied with the demons."

"If they are allied with the demons, are they not bad?"

"Maybe." Lucas was in a deep thought. "It was true that the bear tribe was allied with the demons there are some that never laid their hands on humans. You can say like there is the internal conflict within the tribe where one went to ally with demons while one wanted to stay neutral. The latter is the minority, of course. Even if the humans went into latter's territory, it was rare for them to attack first. But it was difficult to differentiate who was in whose side so we just stay far from the bear tribe." Lucas explained to Ryosuke who was clueless.

"That must be pretty complicated. Let's not talk about that." Ryosuke immediately gave up on discussing.

The philosophical topics could come later and all they needed to focus on was the meal that Carl had ordered. The roasted chicken pieces tasted better than Lucas had expected and the lemonade also tasted refreshing. The trio did feel that they chose a right place.

Finally, when they had filled up their tummies, they decided to stroll around a bit more. Lucas also bought some interesting books about magic as he was really interested in reading them although he couldn't use them. After around one hour, they decided to wait a bit in the city fountain while Carl went out to bring back the carriage.

"Today was super fun!" Ryosuke appeared to be enjoying his first outing which also made Lucas glad to see that. In fact, Lucas also enjoyed today, too. It was also his first time for him to have a peaceful experience outside.

But that proved him to be wrong to judge as he saw someone with a hooded robe in dirt who was running out from the valley between the buildings before falling down. The figure seemed to be small which Lucas judged that it had to be a kid similar to his age.

Deciding to help that fallen figure, Lucas, followed by Ryosuke, went and reached out a hand to the said figure, asking whether he was ok or not but only to be grabbed roughly by collar by two small hands, making Lucas stuttered in surprise and Ryosuke almost pulled Lucas away from the suspicious figure.

The hooded child looked up to Lucas with miserable eyes in tears while saying the following words which made the duo alarmed.

"Please... save my brother….." The hooded figure seemed to be a girl and she continued in a mournful manner. "I…. I will do whatever you want…. I promise I will pay you back!....So please…. Just save him!!!"

32