Chapter-23: The Dancing
592 5 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Nice to meet you there. You must be Young master Lucas." The girl continued with a chuckle.

'She knows me?' Lucas was confused but it was possible if she was paying attention to name announcements, unlike Lucas who didn't.

'What is this feeling?' Lucas shivered but he didn't know why. He just felt that something was wrong with her or she was kind of different from others. But that feeling disappeared not long after it first appeared.

Like that feeling had never existed before. All he could see was a young beautiful girl with dark green eyes and wavy auburn hair which was tied tightly backwards. Wearing a calm brown gown which had less frills or ribbons compared to others, she looked surprisingly mature.

"Nice to meet you, my lady. You are….?" Lucas tried to recall if he could remember someone like her from the novel but he couldn't. It was either he didn't remember her or she was not included in the novel.

"Oh my, where are my manners? I am Rachel Ariasta, first daughter of Count Rowan."

'Count Rowan Ariasta...Oh, he was the count from the neighboring territory. I didn't know he had a child of this young.' Lucas wondered as he only could think about his sons and not the daughter. 'Rachel…? I think I don't remember….. So was she just someone uninvolved?'

Lucas unconsciously stared at her, who looked so polite and well-mannered for her age, debating whether a second shuddering he felt was just his imagination or if there was something more to her.

"Is something wrong?" Rachel looked uncomfortable and it was only then Lucas realized his rudeness.

"I am sorry, my lady. It was just…."

"Don't be~ Rather I am happy to see someone of the same age. It is suffocating to have just adults around you." Rachel chuckled, with her tiny voice as usual.

"Ah, yes. I also didn't think I would find anyone similar to my age here."

"It's just that my lord brother wanted to bring me here. I didn't know why though." She pouted, unexpectedly deviating from her mature behavior before. "Seriously, I am so bored…"

"Yea, it is getting a little bit boring, though" Lucas tried to go with the flow.

'No, it is not boring. I am watching a Cinderella movie here.' was what he was thinking but he couldn't tell that aloud, could he?

The atmosphere between them was awkwardly quiet, making Lucas feel suffocated as they just gazed at the people dancing. Lucas felt like he got into awkward quiet moments a lot since he came into this world. He was not that quiet one in his past life!

"Young master Lucas, you are a healing magic user, right?"

'Why is she asking that!?'

Lucas was glad that she started the conversation again but he was not expecting to talk about that. He replied the question with a yes, thinking if he should also ask her about her magic type if what she wanted to talk about.

"Are you ok with that?" Rachel continued as she shifted her gaze back at Lucas. "With healing magic being your main while Duke Cassius is a weaponry magic user?"

Lucas kind of figured out what point she was saying. In this world where mana type was 99.99% hereditary (0.01% lacking was because of him) and weaponry magic, especially swords one taking domain, cases like Lucas was a strange phenomenon.

"Ah, forgive my rudeness. I am not doubting your identity… I just want to know how you are doing with your family."

"It's perfectly fine, my lady. My father believed my mother and my siblings also do so. I also trust her so there is no problem. Sometimes, things like out of the ordinary can also happen, right?"

'Does it happen?' Lucas seriously didn't know if such cases happened or not as he never thought about that. 'Did Lucian give me healing magic to support Ryosuke?' It was one of the most possible solutions as he hadn't seen people like him either. He also absolutely didn't doubt his mother like his family.

Lucas just simply smiled but at the same time felt irritated as he didn't know what she wanted to get by pressing on this matter. But at the same time, she didn't seem like she was mocking him.

"Right…. There are also families like that." Rachel just gazed back at the crowd but her mind wasn't in the dancing since the start.

"I am so envious…."

The music slowly died down indicating that the first dance had already finished. The couples were giving their respects to each other, telling that they enjoyed the time. The ballroom which was only filled with music before was now overwhelmed with chattings of people.

Lucas didn't really understand why she asked that. And he felt like he was only involved in emotional swing during this whole banquet, making him question what kind of luck he had today.

"My lady, wh---"

"Will you accompany me for the second dance? I wanted to have some fun and now I found someone who is similar to my age!" Rachel exclaimed with her voice being fresh and lively.

'Dance!? What do you mean by Dance!?'

Just the word 'Dance' made Lucas stress out as he was not expecting for this to happen. And he was not confident with this dancing, too.

Lucas seriously thought about refusing but the way Rachel was hoping for him to accept made him reluctant to do so. Finally he made a small sigh and accepted her request.

As the music for the second dance started again, Lucas led Rachel into the dancing ground and as usual before the dance started they gave a slight bow to each other.

'Step 1 2 3…. 1 2 3…' Lucas felt cold sweat on his forehead, as he was afraid of taking the wrong step or even worse, stepping on Rachel's feet.

'I am sorry brother Ryo!!! For making fun of you!'

Lucas finally felt how hard it was to dance under pressure that he sincerely felt sorry for his past actions.

"Actually,.... My mana is weaponry type…"

Lucas almost told her to let him focus on the dance but he wasn't able to do so after a second thought. Weaponry type mana in Ariasta family? It was really unheard of.

'Both current count and countess are elementary main, right? Is she another special case?'

"And my father and my family didn't have the same opinions as yours...."

Rachel looked bitter and she said.

"Well, I felt like I was in a different world from them…."

And Lucas instantly knew why she was like that.

A weaponry magic user from an Elementary family, it was not possible to have such magic if one thought normally. Lucas also didn't know if it was possible or not because in his case, he kind of thought like it was Lucian's doing at first. So, if one didn't have an open mind to accept such a super rare phenomenon, it was more likely that the countess would be assumed to have an affair. And her daughter, Rachel would be criticized by that, too.

Lucas always felt grateful to have a warm and loving environment from the Evandall family. Even Cassius was a lot softer than before. But now he felt more happy to get such an environment. If not, he couldn't imagine what kind of feelings he would have.

"Well, I am also an odd one, too, as you know." Lucas just chuckled a bit.

"I think unexpected things could happen sometimes. Just look at our scenarios. Maybe we are the special ones. Haha."

Lucas just felt like it was a need to say something that might comfort her and he was glad he did it as he could see Rachel's eyes glittered as she laughed gently.

"You are right! I am glad that you exist. It somehow gives me confidence to believe in myself and my mother!"

The melody was not starting to stop as Lucas and Rachel made a turn as a finish movement.

"It was such an enjoyable time, Young Lady"

"I feel the same, too, my lord"

After giving respect to each other as usual, it was time for them to leave the dancing area as Lucas sighed in a big relief that he didn't step on Rachel's feet. It would be too embarrassing if he did so.

"You can freely call me Rachel, young master Lucas." Rachel made a small chuckle.

"Ah, ok! Call me Lucas, too!"

Rachel looked so friendly and gentle that it almost made Lucas forget the strange feeling he got before. He felt like he should look into Ariasta family and also more information of mana type when he went back home. It could just be his random imagination but Lucas just couldn't throw away the thought of her being somewhat different.

"Thank you for your kindness! I hope we can get to know each other more later, Lucas!"

"Yea. I hope we can."

And so Rachel excused herself and not long after that there came Ryosuke who made a soft smack at Lucas's back, making him almost jump out in fright and almost cursed.

"How is the dancing, buddy? You seem like you are having a lot of fun."

"You are the one who looks to be enjoying your time so much, brother Ryo…" Lucas realized that just by seeing how much grinning that Ryosuke did.

'And I don't even know whether it was fun or not.' Both the conversation and the dance made Lucas nervous and heavy. And in addition, he got more topics to look into.

Not long after that Edwin came to find Lucas and Ryosuke in order to go back home. Lucas felt that it was really pitiful but at the same time amusing to see Edwin's panda-tired eyes as he was not able to stop from being piled up with questions although he stayed cold. It seemed that he was not as scary as Duke Cassius in others' eyes.

"Lucas….. You won't leave this brother right!?"

The carriage started to move towards the mansion as Edwin asked while his eyes were... like shaking from some worries.

'What is he seriously talking about!?'

"I won't, brother… Why would I?"

"Even when you met a girl!?" Somehow Edwin looked like a pouting child.

'Are you drunk, brother?' Lucas didn't really know why Edwin looked like that. 'Don't tell me he was like this because he saw me with Rachel!?'

It was not guaranteed that two people dancing at a party would become a couple but his brother seemed to have a different opinion.

"Lord Edwin, how could you ask little Lucas such a question! He should be able to live alone together with his girl when he gets older, you know? You shouldn't prohibit him like that. "

Ryosuke teased which made Edwin glare at him so deadly and questioned Lucas whether what Ryosuke said was really and only to be calmed down when Lucas assured him again and again that he wouldn't leave and Rachel was just a new friend that he got today.

"I am sure you had a lot of fun, Lucas! You even made a friend!"

What Edwin said was nodded earnestly by Ryosuke, showing that he agreed with him.

'Do I really look like I have a lot of fun!?'

Lucas didn't know whether the banquet was fun or not. But he surely knew that he unexpectedly got into some emotional conversation with two people today.

29