Chapter-37: Reminiscence of the Past (2)
470 13 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There were some quiet seconds after the prince left, the two people in the cabin just looking at the door.

“Eura, are you alright?” Tus looked at the girl who was in silence.

“It’s ok.” Eura smiled at Tus as she knew he was really worried for her. “Come. We have things to find, right?” She headed into the inner room of the cabin, knowing Tus would follow her.

As soon as she came inside of the room, Eura carefully touched the wall on the side of the rugged room, trying to find a hidden case. She remembered the place pretty well even though the head showed her this when she was pretty young to satisfy her curiosity.

Click!

Finally finding the thing that she was looking for, she slowly pushed forward but only to have the place where the case was embedded to crumble as it was already in the ruined stage.

‘I am really sorry, head!’ She recalled how this old man would nag her if she destroyed his property. She really did it a lot in the past, though.

“Found it, Tus!”

Hearing Eura, Tus could see what she had brought out from the case. It was a box which was the size of a normal container for accessories. From the dusty but proper crafted appearance, it could be said that it even looked like an ancient artifact.

Eura opened the box which she could easily do since it had no lock, chuckling a bit at how this old man had low security knowledge. But it was not his fault though as there were no one who were interested in others’ properties in her little tribe.

She pulled out the small map scroll featuring the description of the Aurora Valley that she once lived in. And she was glad that the map contained the symbol that Lucas had described in the corner.

“I wonder why Lucas needs it, though.” Eura looked here and there but not noticing any noticeable difference from other maps, except the symbol.

“Same here.” Tus also looked at the very normal rugged map, not understanding why Lucas wanted this. But it was not his position to pry into further as Lucas might have his own reasons so he didn’t try to think more, accepting it like it was normal.

The box also contained another thing which was a necklace where a red crystal was binded by a metal frame.

“Should I bring this back, too?” Eura didn’t want to leave it here because she was worried that some other people might see it and take it away. Since it was in the head’s possession box, she knew that it was something precious to him.

“You should. I think it’s better if you keep it carefully instead of leaving it alone here.” Knowing that Eura was reluctant to do so because she wanted things to be the way it was, Tus gave her a little push, thinking that it would be bad if someone else took it instead of Eura, who was the sole person living from the tribe.

Finally, Eura decided to take both, putting them in her bag. Both Tus and Eura were delighted because they had found what they were supposed to bring back, thinking that it would definitely make Lucas happy.

“Tus, is it ok to walk around a bit?” Eura thought she should go back quickly but at the same time she wanted to take a look around her original house and the valley.

Of course, Tus agreed. It was not like they were in a super hurry and they could still be back at Evandall city today’s night if they hurried. And like Eura, he also wanted to look around the valley, too.

And so they did. There were still small cabins which looked burnt and destroyed but there are also some which still hold the features of the house, just like the head’s cabin.

“This is my house.” Eura stopped at a ruined cabin which only had some burnt frames of wood standing, introducing the place she had once lived in to Tus. But she left the place as soon as she could, as she recalled her memories she had with her parents and her friends.

And finally at the end of the village, both of them were surprised to see the tombstones in a field near the stream. It seemed that Prince Eldric must have tried to give the victims a proper burial, seeing how the tombstones were well-constructed.

Eura didn’t say anything and just looked at the tombstones. ‘Is mom and dad also lying here?’ She thought as she read what was written on the tombstones. It seemed that the prince tried to write down the names of the ones that he remembered and leave it as a member of the bear tribe to the ones that he didn’t.

Finally she saw her parents name in the corner row.

“Afton”

“Laila”

She was glad to see the two tombs on which her parents’ names were written. At least, she got to know that the corpses of her parents weren’t destroyed completely. She was glad that they were lying here side by side.

“Mom, Dad….” Eura spoke out.

“Don’t worry. I am doing well.”

“It was hard at first….” She thought of the days she lived as a slave. There were also young children from bear tribes which were captured together with her but they all died under the harsh environments that they had never encountered once. She felt guilty that she wasn’t able to protect them, too.

“But I am ok, now.” She smiled, holding back her tears.

“I even have an older brother now! You know how I nagged you because I didn’t have one.” She told her parents about Tus, who always lent her a hand and kept her safe as much as he could. Although not related by blood, Eura felt that Tus was like a big brother to her.

“And also a younger one!” If she thought of Lucas like both a savior and little brother that she had to protect.

“The place I am staying is also very nice! Everyone cares about me.” Leaving the fact that people didn’t know Eura was from the bear tribe, she had a pretty comfortable life with good relationships in the mansion.

“So, don’t worry and rest well!” Tears welled up but she held it in, smiling as gently as she could.

Tus stared at Eura who was greeting her parents about her updates in her life. And he stepped up, tapping Eura’s shoulder.

“Uncle, Aunt, I will take care of Eura well. I promise!” He also ensured them together with Eura, making her smile more.

“Am I taking care of you or you taking care of me?” Eura grinned. But it was obvious who was taking care of who so Tus let it be with a chuckle. After they had paid respect, they decided to leave the valley for today as there was already the sign sun setting.

And so they walked away from the valley, leaving the reminiscence of the past behind for now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Earlier in that morning~

Lucas woke up, being greeted good morning by someone else who was neither Alisa nor Eura. And when he looked at the one who greeted him, he could see that it was a maid that he was not familiar with.

“I am called Lucy, young master. I will be your temporary maid while Eura and Alisa are not here.” The girl gave a sight bow and explained to Lucas in case he was confused.

‘Oh, the head servant might have assigned her as I had told him that Tus and Eura would be leaving for the day to perform my orders.’

“I see. Then take care of me for today.” Lucas gently smiled as he moved on his morning routine like washing up his face and dressing up for the day.

“Is my big brother and big sister already left?” Lucas asked as he looked at the rising sun.

“Yes, the young lord and lady left earlier this morning.” She politely answered.

Lucas was surprised to hear that as the two didn’t show any signs of rushing last night so he just thought they would just be leaving at 8 am or so but it seemed they wanted to get to job done sooner.

‘It seemed that they didn’t want to wake me up early…..’ Although Lucas was grateful that he was able to enjoy his sleep, he somehow felt guilty that he wasn’t able to greet them when they were leaving.

As Lucas finished his morning routine, he thought about what he should do for the day.

‘Brother and sister are not here. Father is also not here. Tus and Eura are also away.’ Lucas felt it was a bit lonely, thinking how he should use his peaceful day before some troublesome matters come by. He knew that he was going to be a bit busy once he got the map from Eura.

‘Shall I visit Alisa?’ Lucas thought it had been a while since he had last seen Alisa and he wanted to know how she was doing after her grandmother’s death. It was also very long since he last saw the city of Evandall, too and with no one from his family here, he thought that it was a pretty good chance to go out.

With this, Lucas had decided.

‘Yep! Let’s visit Alisa!’

He believed it should be ok to make a visit since he had heard before that Alisa lived not far away from Evandall main city.


A/N: Hugs to Eura! Thank you for sticking to this novel till now. I really love you all, dear readers!

23