Chapter-61: Grace of God
235 15 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alexios, who was following on the shoulders of Lucas, whispered as he twitched his eyes, looking at the scenario before him.

“Kid, I repeat. This is not going to be easy.”

“I know.”

Lucas patted the head of Alexios even though he shook his head as if he didn’t want it. Lucas also felt suffocated just by seeing the scenery, calculating how many lives of his people had been lost when the situation was this bad.

“Are you still ok?”

Lucas could hear a soft tone from his father. And when he looked up, he could see Cassius was looking at him while waiting for the answer. 

“Yes.” Lucas simply replied. For Lucas, there was no way that he wouldn’t be ok.

Before they could continue the conversation, there they could see a lady who was heading to them in a hurry. Lucas recognized her immediately. But even though it was only a few weeks that they were apart from each other, he could see that his sister looked thinner than usual and her eyes looked like a tired panda.

“Father, why are you here? I thought that you would have to pay a visit to capital soon?” 

However, her steps stopped when she saw Lucas and her gaze suddenly turned into unbelieving ones.

“Wait, Lucas? Why are you here!?”

She sounded shocked as if she was seeing something she shouldn’t. And her gaze turned to Cassius, questioning what kind of situation it was. It looked like if Cassius wasn’t a duke it seemed that she might even hit him without questioning first.

Following her was Walter, and opposite to Maria, his face was slowly turned into that of a bright expression. Because Lucas had told him that he would come to Sansa with a cure.

Lucas explained the situation once again as Cassius let him to. And just like Cassius, Maria was also in a stunned state for a while not believing what she was hearing. 

“Isn’t it dangerous for you, Lucas?” 

“Not at all. I won’t overdo myself and Alexios will also be guiding me the whole time!”

Lucas gained a glare from Alexios, asking him if he had ever said about that. 

“Could you please take me to the patients who are in the worst stage?”

Maria was hesitant at first but when Cassius also told her to, she led Lucas in. She believed that even though Cassius might look cold, he would never let Lucas be in danger.

The inner ward, being the special care unit for patients in the worst situations, lived up according to his name. There were so many patients filling up the large hall that even the human resources for taking care of these patients were not enough. The atmosphere was also too dull for the sunlight entering the room to make the surrounding bright and lively.

“You can try your healing capability here. And be careful not to touch the patients.”

“Listen to your sister, Lucas.”

Maria warned, as she stopped in the middle of the hall, with Cassius agreeing with her. Lucas also nodded, as Alexios went down from Lucas’s shoulders, making Lucas feel that his shoulders became so much lighter, noticing how much weight he had carried on his shoulders till now.

And it seemed that some of the people who were still conscious heard about what Maria and Lucas were talking about. Those who had strength to open their eyes looked at the Evandall family, and those who had enough strength to sit up, sat up slowly, grasping the little hope that they had. 

If Cassius and Maria weren’t there, Lucas thought that it might even be possible that they would flop towards Lucas, gathering all of their strength they had but fortunately, the gaze of the duke and eldest daughter kept them from staying still.

Before Lucas was moved to heal, Maria stopped him as she spoke.

“And Lucas, if you are going to try healing… there is someone that I would like you to try on first. Come this way.”

Lucas could see Maria’s hesitation which made him wonder who that person was. But he, without asking who, silently followed Maria. She stopped at the corner of the hall and Lucas took a peak at who that person was, and instantly, he felt like he was hit by a thunderbolt suddenly. 

Lucas also knew this person. It was more than he had simply just ‘known’.

Even though that person's body was covered by black spots and some parts of her clothes were drawn in black blood, Lucas could easily remember her with just one glance.

“Alisa…?”

One of the people who was by his side all the time since the day he had transmigrated to this world was lying there unconscious, grasping the tiny thread of life that she still had.

“She was one of the first people who got the curse. It is really a miracle that she is still alive till now.”

Lucas could see that Alisa was already breathing in huge difficulty, looking like it would not be strange if she passed away right now.

“She really is. But it was not beyond the point of saving.” 

Lucas could hear Alexios agreeing with Maria’s statement. And not delaying even a second, he stepped near Alisa, with Maria warning him not to touch even if he had the ability to heal himself.

“Alexios, is there any other special spell or circle that I have to cast?”

“No, just focus on how you want to heal this person because whatever healing magic you are going to use from now on, it will be better than seventh cycle healing magic.”

“Got it.”

Lucas put his hand over Alisa's body, focusing on how he wanted to dispel the disease infecting her before the disease could even react to his magic.

A glimmer of green light covered up the whole body of Alisa as a circle also appeared on the right hand of Lucas. It wasn’t as fast as he had healed his cut hand, but he could see that his magic was giving a positive effect on Alisa, given the fact that the black spots were starting to get faded and the rough breathing also slowly got better and better.

‘This kid is definitely not normal….’ Alexios was expecting some difficulty to use the healing magic properly because Lucas’s body might not be adapted to the new mana but in front of him, Lucas was using it as if it was his own magic from the start. 

Maria covered her mouth in surprise and shock while Cassius deeply gazed upon his son’s doing. It only took a few minutes but the person who was on the verge of death because of the demon’s curse no appeared to be as healthy as ever even though she was still unconscious.

“A miracle….. A miracle had happened…”

Walter couldn’t grasp the situation that quickly, only murmuring the words repeatedly, while other knights who were guarding the room, healers and priests who were taking care of the patients looked at the glow of green which was starting to faint without knowing what had happened exactly.

“She is ok now, kid.”

Alexios looked at Alisa, sensing that no smell of death surrounded the woman. And at the same time Lucas was delighted with what he was able to do. He could save Alisa and now the one disaster which would happen in the novel had been solved as long as he still lived.

“Now, do you think that we will be able to try Area Healing?”

Lucas felt no exhaustion when he had healed Alisa, thinking that he would be able to heal at least the people in this room well. He didn’t want to delay as a person could die when he was procrastinating. And he could stop at any time if he thought he couldn’t go on anymore.

“Just check the symbol occasionally. You know your limits best.”

“Noted!”

Lucas had tried this healing method because healing a place this huge would be at least fifth cycle but now he was confident that he would definitely be able to do it. 

And it wasn't even a while before the whole room was filled with the soft glow of green light as if those lights were showering the patients gently, curing them of all the diseases that they were suffering from.

The dull and lifeless atmosphere was slowly getting turned into a brighter one as the symptoms of the demon curse started to disappear from infected people, making them feel the energy of life once more.

Cheers and praises appeared in the whole room, making those people from outer ward wonder what in the world had happened in there. But it won’t take that long for rumours to start to spread.

“He is the son of god.”

“Finally, God Lucian has graced us with his son.”

“Saint of Lucian has been born.”

“The guardian of healing has descended to this land.”

Everyone who saw it said that it was such a holy and delegate scene, saying that the youngest son of the Duke Evandall was the second blessing that god Lucian had graced to this land.


A/N: I broke down into two chapter because it got over 2700 words when I am writing this chapter XD Have fun reading, dear readers!!

7