CHAPTER 8: Daily Chores
213 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" Ahhh.... " I yawned as my eyes opened slowly and the night sky was still here. And I woke up due to the habit that I built up throughout a year. 

" The time is around 4:00 Am, I guess" I muttered while looking at the sky. There were clocks in this world but they were expensive and fashionable things. Besides, Monks could not carry clocks. Monks could not have shiny and luxury items. 

" ... I want more sleep. "I brushed off my face as a yawn escaped from my mouth. I stood up from the bed and I went outside to check my vests. 

" Oh! I need to wash my Vest and robe. " I thought as I started to wash my vest and robe. There was no soap for washing clothing so I only needed to take care with water. I brought a new vest and robe so I didn't need to worry about clothing. I dried up my washed clothes on the hut, put big bricks on them because the wind might blow them away.

" Today, I have chores to do. " I looked at the papers that wrote down which days did I need to do chores. I was still Novice Monk so I needed to do chores and daily janitor's works. 

I would become a normal monk after my Cultivation realm reached the 2nd Step Qi Gathering Realm. Then, I would be free from being a janitor and I could roam around this world while accepting the missions. After this rank, there had Senior Monk which at least needed to be in Meridian Establishing Realm which was very hard to reach. ' Core Monk ' was the last rank and they were the top monks in the disciples. Some could even rival to the Elder Monks.

" Let's go. " I told myself as I wore a robe on top Vest and I left from my tiny hut. 

The time was around 4:30 AM so it was a little bit dark and the stone roads were lighted with the lamps. I quickly went to the canteen because I needed to be a volunteer in the canteen. 

" Oh! Monk Ray, Good Morning. " I was greeted by a monk who was in the same situation as me to help the cooks. 

" Good Morning, Monk Yulong. " I folded my hands and bowed slightly. 

Monk Yulong had the same time as mine to help the cooks so we become friends. He was a typical human who had normal features. He didn't have any outstanding features to describe, just an average side character like me. 

" Let's go together. " Yulong said and we started to walk at a normal pace.

" I heard today's breakfast is mashed potatoes and bread, a bean soup. Is that true? " I asked him as I was praying that my words were wrong. 

" Yep, that's correct. It looks like we need to peel potatoes and beans. " Yulong said with a troubled smile as I cursed my bad luck.

" Hah. True. Tonight, we are going to get a good sleep  " I agreed with him. Peeling over 100 potatoes and beans was going to be tired a lot. Especially, I had a lesson with the master. 

" Hahaha. You're not wrong, Monk Ray. " Yulong laughed a little bit as we reached at the canteen. We greeted the Elder Monk that charging over this canteen. We went to the kitchen to start the chores. 

The potatoes were already boiled and it was our job to peel them. I started to peel the potatoes in the silence. It was hot but I could peel the potatoes very easily. 

My hands were tired but I kept peeling the potatoes. There were around 7 novice monks here, peeling off the potatoes. Some novice monks needed to help cooks. All cooks were monks and we worked in silence because there were unwritten rules in the Sect that monks needed to work quietly and neatly when they were doing the tasks. 

I did my parts in silence and the breakfast would start at 6:30 AM. This canteen was only for Novice monks and there were a thousand of novice monks but there were multiple canteens. This Canteen took care of around hundreds of monks. Of course, other kitchens were doing the same tasks as us.

We finished up at 6:15 AM and I took care of trashes. After that, I also needed to put the meals in the monk bowls. We all prepared the jobs silently and in harmony.

------

" Huuu... " A sigh escaped from my mouth as the chores were done. The time was already noon and my body was tired a lot. I was sitting on the bench that could see the nice view. The scenery was very gorgeous. I was relaxing myself.

" Well, let's Cultivate. " I thought as I closed my eyes. This Sect was really safe and this place was very silent. I absorbed the qi from the air while trying to break through my cultivation state. It had been two months since I reached 4th state so it was about time to reach another state. The first few states were very easy to break through. Besides, I had a special constitution. 

I started to Cultivate and I was trying to enjoy every moment of this life. 

------------

Support me at the Patr-eon.

Check my Patr-eon for advanced chapters. 

You can get 4 advanced chapters.

https://www.patr-eon.com/Lazysloth10

10