Decrypted Woods
322 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two guardsmen took a quick glance at each other before focusing back on the approaching Asher. Initially, they thought they should feel more shocked seeing the boy head on over here, even on this day.

But, out of all things they know about him, the guardsmen could say this was to be expected.

"It's one of the most important days for you younging lives. Yet here you are, kid, still marching towards life-risking training without any care."

One of the guardsmen mused out loud. Though there was slight respect nestling within his eyes for Asher.

Asher gave a simple small smile as he stopped in front of the guardsmen. "Training never stops for anyone no matter the day. And in any case, I won't be here for very long today."

After he finished talking, Asher shoved his hand into his pocket, pulled out his ID card, and showed it to the guardsmen.

The guardsmen did the usual run over of his ID card before shrugging and stepping out of the way for Asher.

"I suppose you coming here shouldn't be this odd. To be fair, she also came, too, so maybe you'll get a chance to glimpse at that girl again." The other guardsmen had a slightly humorous tone in his words towards the end of his sentence.

Asher did feel a slight jolt run through his brain at the mention of that girl. But he didn't let it show on his face, keeping up his calm, kind smile.

"Maybe I will. But time is tight today." Asher casually told while putting his ID back in his pocket.

He had then walked past the guards and gone through the gate, heading directly in the nightmarish Decrypted Woods.

As the guardsmen watch Asher disappear into the haunting dark shade woods, one of them begins to say, "Any bets on if this kid will finally get in over his head this time?"

The other guardsmen briefly thought about it before shaking his head, "Nah. That kid just knows his limits all too well. After today though? I feel like things might get a little loud in these woods…."

….

Inside the Decrypted Woods, Asher's eyes were in a continuous state of vigilance.

He took note of everything around his environment, to the frighteningly tall black trees that had strange metallic luster about them. The shard blades bushes patches that ran all the way up Asher's thighs. And the dark, cold atmosphere that attempts to suffocate anyone that would dare to set foot here.

Asher walked a few meters in the starting area of the Decrypted Woods before stopping.

Although the starting area of the Decrypted Woods holds the least danger and threats to his life. It still was a place where one wrong move, he would forfeit his life in an instant.

Even for Asher, there was a surge of nerves that crept up his spines.

The action of going into an incredibly dangerous place where your life can be lost without even knowing how is a mental task even some highly experienced veterans can still feel slight tension over.

Asher, however, didn't let his nerves get to him. He took a huge deep breath, getting his body into its most relaxed state.

And for a couple of seconds, Asher went utterly still.

Deep inside himself, Asher began to surge a mysterious sensation. A sensation that filled him with incredible power!

Drawing upon this energy sensation was as easy as breathing for Asher. Through years and years of experience, he would be ashamed if he couldn't at least get this step right.

Soon the mysterious energy took form inside Asher's body.

It quickly spread all throughout his body, fueling Asher with power beyond the limits of an average human.

This strangely fantastic energy was something Asher only knew as Aura.

Even for the numerous years, he's been using it, Asher still wasn't sure just what exactly Aura is. Nor could he so easily go out and ask any random person what it was and how to effectively use it.

At least, for these years, he couldn't.

Still, though, it didn't matter to Asher that he didn't have the fundamental knowledge of this mysterious energy. Asher had still rigorously trained himself with Aura energy, never stopping once to improve himself.

Asher opened his eyes again, feeling that all of his six senses become sharper.

He could see more clearly in the dark shaded woods, smell more of its foul bloody stench and even hear the slight rustling of the cold, windy breeze.

For his following preparation, Asher reached into his pocket, taking out that small dingy blue ring.

Despite how poor looking the ring appeared as, it was an actual vital item anyone would gladly have in their life.

Asher clenched his hand, making his Aura energy surge towards the dingy blue ring. Aura energy quickly ran inside the blue ring, causing it to release a slight blue shimmering glow.

In that instance, a blue axe magically spawned on Asher's hand.

The blue axe didn't look anything fancy. Just a standard design that could be used for chopping woods or a potential fight.

However, no matter what it looked like, it was more than enough for Asher.

Asher had then put the ring back into his pocket, brought his face forward once more, and clenched his axe. Steeling himself again, Asher began to walk deeper in the Decrypted Woods.

His speed wasn't too slow or too fast, maintaining a perfectly even pace.

As he walked, the only sound Asher heard was the mere cold wind blowing.

Other than that, the Decrypted Woods had a looming silent atmosphere. At least for the starting area, silence mainly permeated the air.

After a short bit of time, Asher walked a few yards deeper in the Decrypted Woods.

Now, the woods' dark shade began to become more pronounced, and its chilling air became a touch bit colder.

Once reaching this distance, Asher suddenly stopped walking.

A dangerous sensation quickly coiled around his mind and body, causing tiny hairs to rise on Asher's arms. Asher knew this feeling all too well. It was his body alerting him to the vast danger that was right around him.

More noisy rustling than just the sounds of the winds got picked up by Asher's Aura enhanced ears.

The rustling was occurring at least forty feet away from Asher, and he turned around exactly to the rustling spot.

Asher tensed his body for the upcoming life-or-death fight as he saw just what was causing the tumbling of crushing grasses.

A ghastly vicious-looking animal beast had walked out of the tall, dark green bushes. The vicious beast appeared to be a wolf creature, only with vastly different distinct features.

Its distinct features were nightmarish looking. The monster towers over at least fifteen feet in length, had long, slightly bloody sharp razor teeth protruding from its mouth, and a feral gaze in its eyes.

Its gray fur was a mix of grimy dirt and dried-up blood; some foam also dripped from its bloody mouth.

Despite having an appearance that would terrify ordinary people from moving, Asher didn't get discouraged at all.

Though he was put off by its horrid looks, Asher still took a good breath, gaining a small battle-hungry smile. "So a Mana Monster wolf to start off the day, huh? Certainly not the worst options….alright then, let's go."

'Hua!'

Asher didn't wait for even a split second, dashing towards the Mana monster wolf with swift speeds far surpassing an average human body's peak limitations.

At the same time, a deranged glare crossed in the wolf beast's eyes. It wanted nothing more than to rip Asher to shreds, and seeing its prey sprint towards it only fueled the monster's hunger.

The monstrous wolf sprinted towards Asher as well, matching his enhanced swift speed.

In just several seconds, Asher already crossed most of the tens of feet distance, rapidly approaching the bloodthirsty beast.

When the Mana monster wolf was within twelve feet from Asher, it abruptly stopped, tense its legs, and made a leaping plunge towards his head.

The Mana monster wolf speed slightly increased but Asher remained calmed. He didn't stop his sprint, coming up on the perfect opportunity to strike.

The Mana monster wolf sharp claws quickly reached within mere inches of Asher's head.

And right at the last second, Asher narrowly shifted to his right, just barely avoiding the Mana monster wolf's sharp claws. He did feel a sting on his cheek as those claws did graze him just a bit, but the sting was nothing for Asher.

In the same instance Asher dodged the wolf, he swiped his axe down at midair, lunging Mana monster wolf, violently striking its large body.

However, instead of his axe cutting deeply in the Mana monster wolf, his axe only left a massive gash on its body and flung it away.

The Mana monster wolf was flung back for ten meters before it viciously snarled.

Without care for physics, the Mana Monster wolf forcefully shifted its body to land on the ground, its claws tearing into the ground.

Instantly when it touched the ground, the Mana monster wolf lunged towards Asher again, this time at an even greater speed!

Its blood from the gash wound splattered around the area, but the Mana monster wolf cared little for its injuries.

Against this speed and distance, Asher barely had time to react again.

This time he could only raise his axe at the last second, clashing right against the Mana monster wolf piercing claws!

'Ding~!'

The sharp metallic clash of the Mana monster wolf claws and Asher's axe ranged out in the quiet Decrypted Woods.

The Mana Monster wolf gripped its claws on Asher's axe, attempting to rip it out of his hands.

Asher felt his arms shake and a slight numbing sensation from the monster's mighty force. If Asher wasn't using Aura's energy, his arms would've snapped in bloody mangled flesh by now.

Though the force was great, Asher still managed to hold his ground.

Before the Mana monster wolf could attack again, Asher forcefully gritted his teeth, surging a more tremendous wave of Aura energy!

He planted his feet deep into the ground, causing an imbalance shift in the Mana Monster wolf. Striking while the iron is hot, Asher clenched his axe, and raised the Mana monster wolf up in the air with surprising great strength.

Before the Mana Monster wolf even knew what was going on, Asher ferociously slammed the monster on the ground!

'Bang!'

The Mana monster wolf became dazed as its colossal body caused a violent impact to sound out. Asher Aura's energy was far more potent than the Mana monster wolf could ever expect.

And Asher didn't let up his attack.

He swiftly poured all of his Aura energy into his arms again and swung his axe right towards the dazed Mana monster wolf head!

The dazed Mana monster wolf spotted the axe coming towards it and wanted to move. But it was far too slow as Asher poured all of his Aura energy into this attack, majorly increasing his speed.

'Chi!'

Asher's axe had now plunged deeply into the Mana monster wolf's head, brutally tearing through its thick skull until he pierced its brain.

The Mana monster wolf's whole body went stiff for a split second before instantly dying on the spot.

"Fuuu…." Asher took a breath, feeling a few strands of sweat dribble down his face.

These battles never came easy for Asher. There was always the risk of even one slight wrong move, and it's game over for good.

Just with that fight with the Mana monster wolf, if at any stage he was a half-second slower, that monster could've torn his head off.

Yet, Asher's determined expression never left his face.

2