Unexpected
193 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Asher's mind is in a state of jumbled scramble chaos.

That voice, whatever it was, brought out several reactions in Asher. He didn't even know if that voice sounded like a man or woman.

For the brief second he heard it, it sounded almost….ethereal.

It wasn't like how Yuki sounded like she was another plane above all mortals. That voice genuinely was like encountering a higher Being that Asher had no business in seeing.

Asher started to close his eyes to calm his surging mental state.

However, not even a second later, Asher flung his eyes wide open again. He stared down at his hand, clenching his palm over and over again in slight disbelief.

He felt power. More power than he could ever dream of!

This powerful energy permeating all throughout his body certainly was better than what Asher could ever surge before. Although when Asher had compared it to the power he experienced during his Merger process, this energy was nowhere near on that level.

But, it was enough for Asher to be satisfied.

Along with this power sensation, there was a mix of other jumble confusing sensations mixing within his body.

Before doing anything, Asher focused within himself to know just where this new energy was coming from.

He felt it running along every aspect of his body, far different from his Aura energy. Asher could identify that his Aura energy surges only from every single vein he has.

While this new energy was like a foundation for his whole body.

Though Asher was able to sense the new energy running along his body, he couldn't precisely trace where it was coming from. It left Asher a slight bit confused as he refocussed his attention on his bedroom.

'Oh….right….there's still all this blood.' Asher felt a bit of dread over having to clean all that blood splatter staining his bedroom walls.

Admittedly, it was still a bit freaky in knowing that this was his blood.

Shaking his head at the thought, Asher first decided to go to his bathroom to see if there were any appearance changes. He stood in front of his sink, gazing into his mirror and his eyes slightly open wide.

Most of his features were still the same except for his hair and eyes.

His hair length still only ran down a bit past his ears, and the change was a little less noticeable.  But Asher could tell his once black hair now had taken on a very light shade of blue.

As for his eyes, this was far more noticeable than his hair.

His eyes were now in a full blue color!

Almost every region of his eyes took on a radiant blue shine down to his pupils and iris. And to Asher, these changes honestly looked kind of good.

But he still had numerous questions plaguing his mind. "My eye, my hair, this energy….just what exactly happened?"

Suddenly, entirely out of Asher's expectation, a heavenly voice that could only belong to a goddess echoed inside his mind.

'Come now, Asher, you should've already known what this is! The new energy is from your soul, and these changes are from your soul. Oh! Just say 'system' to see the full changes.'

Asher's eyes burst to wide saucer sizes.

He began to crazily look all over his bathroom for Yuki. But when realizing she wasn't even here, Asher wearily said in his mind, 'Y-Yuki? Is that really you?'

'It is I. And as you guess, I am within you. Specifically, I'm still inside your soul. Just now, I'm fully awake.'

Asher felt his surprise climb at first. But it quickly calmed down as this truly was to be expected. All of this simply lined up to recent events.

He couldn't identify this new energy before, but when he focused on talking to Yuki, Asher had a sense that's where this energy was coming from.

The place where he was talking to Yuki gave Asher that exact same close connection he felt when he was inside his soul space.

That place is indeed his soul.

Suddenly while he contemplated all of this, Asher recalled another aspect that should be within him.

'Yuki, since you're inside my soul, then is the sapphire gemstone there? Ah, you do know about that gemstone, right.' During all of this time, Asher assumed Yuki was some godly spirit trapped within the sapphire gemstone.

Although, when he was inside his soul space, he didn't spot the sapphire gemstone anywhere.

'Indeed I do, and yes, the gemstone is inside your soul. It's just really deep inside, which is why you didn't you see it last time. Now focus up Asher, and say System. You're going to be astounded by the result.'

The rise of eager anticipation increasingly surged within Asher's mind. He knew exactly what it means by saying System in his mind.

Compiling to Yuki's order, Asher closed his eyes, focusing on the new energy coursing through his body.

'System.' Asher said, and there was an immediate reaction!

He felt his System Soul energy surge a bit, and a flow of information directly enter inside Asher's brain. Inside his mentalscape, Asher saw several blue texts appearing.

The blue text had read,

'Spirit Tier 1: Level 1

Spirit Mana: Initiate.

Ghost 1

Spirit Aura 3

Positive Aura 1

Bloodline: ???'

Asher remained rooted to his spot. His rising anticipation burst into an overflow of excitement!

'This….this….this is it! Finally!!' Asher practically felt immense joy booming from his chest.

This was it; this was his System's soul Magical Power!

Asher wasn't precisely taught on how people around the world managed to achieve awakening this System's soul Magical Power.

In fact, he learned even leading experts around the world weren't entirely sure of the origins. But, it became the unbreakable standard after millennials of years that nearly everyone can awaken a power slumbering within their souls.

Once awakening this power, it was the official start to anyone's life.

The path of either rising to the top of society, figuring out one's true passion, or simply coasting by in life, it all started when one awakens their System's soul Magical Power.

This is what Asher was training for, for nearly all of his life. Now he can take a firm step in making his goals a reality than a distant dream.

Looking over his System stats, Asher got increasingly enthusiastic about that as well.

But there were a few questions that had popped into his mind.

Mainly it being about the Positive Aura and Bloodline stats. Everything else was standard besides these two stats. He already knows he would have Ghost Magical Powers.

Though he would've expected for his Bloodline to say Mortal or at least ghost, not just a bunch of questions marks. And he was entirely unsure of what Positive Aura could possibly be.

Asher managed to connect that Spirit Aura was Aura's energy as he recalled several lessons from his Academy. But Positive Aura was a mystery.

Before he questions anything else, Asher's mind quickly shifts over to Yuki. By their Merger of powers, she was basically the central key in causing all of this.

And there was one confirmation Asher needed from her before learning anything else.

'Yuki….this all fantastic! But I don't think I've asked this yet. I sort of just assumed since you said you were in my soul for so long. But, I guess, are we akin to some form of soul-bound partners?'

'Hmm? So you already picked up on that?' Yuki's voice came out as a bit teasing, making Asher feel a pleasant tingle crawl up his spine. 'But you're completely right. Just think of me as your partner you absolutely can't live without.'

'Can't live without huh….seeing as you're literally chained to my soul, I suppose that holds some truth.' Asher mentally shrugged as that piece of news was the least surprising thing he heard all day.

'So some other questio-'

'Ah, just wait for a second, Asher.' Yuki abruptly cut off Asher using her most gentle and sweetest tone. It was a tone that made Asher not even mind he was so suddenly cut off.

'I know you have those questions. But that can wait for later. After all, times ticking, right?'

When Yuki mentioned time, Asher's eyes suddenly lit up. He glanced right down to his digital watch, and it read, '

12:30 PM.'

'12:30! Wait for….only 12:30? I can't believe it.' Asher was in slight disbelief over the time. He most certainly felt like time passed far longer than a mere hour.

Asher honestly felt like a whole day had passed after everything he went through. But he suddenly recalled that Yuki did mention that she was slowing down their Merger process so his mind could handle everything.

So Asher assumed maybe time was majorly slowed down while in the soul space. Or the pain just made everything seem longer.

Either way, he knew he wouldn't get any answers since Yuki wasn't bothering to speak up, and he knows she can hear his thoughts.

Focusing on the task at hand, Asher does realize he needs to go to the Academy right now. If he fails to show up today, things can get highly troublesome for him as a lot of suspicions will be placed on him.

'Alright-wait, crap.' Asher's eyes gazed back in the mirror, staring into his blue eyes and light blue tone black hair. 'These changes will for sure give me away. And then again, who says that machine won't pick up my Soul System's Magical power already awakening….'

'Hoh? What are you worried about?' Yuki's voice came like a godsend for Asher. 'Stop worrying about the small details and go. I'll cover everything up so nothing will happen to you. Besides, you need to finish this up quickly. We have some other things to discuss later.'

No matter what slight doubts Asher may have about Yuki, she is quite literally the only one he could trust for this. 'Alright. I'll leave it to you, Yuki. But first….'

Asher glanced down to the state of his clothes and body.

His grey tracksuit now has a large hole at the right side, and dried-up blood flowed down his whole outfit.

And though he had experienced a grave injury before, Asher didn't notice any damage to his body. Right where the sapphire gemstone had drilled into him, it was completely spotless.

'I guess awakening my System's soul cleared away any sign of injuries. Still, though, I'll just take a swift shower and get going. I'll just barely make it in time.'

Asher made up his course of action and swiftly began preparing to head on over to his Academy.

1