Chapter 32: Sports Festival VII
1.1k 2 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had woken up from someone's shaking, turning my head over.

It was Misery,

"What is it?" I asked. 

"Almost all the battles have been finished and yet you're still sleeping?" asked Misery.

"So? There's nothing interesting at all." I replied.

It was true, even while I was asleep during their battles.

I was dreaming of candyland which meant there was no particular display of power that needed my attention.

"Atleast pay attention to this match, you're right after." said Misery.

"Oh? I wonder who it is?" I asked.

"Deku against Todoroki." replied Misery.

"Hmm? Now this is interesting, I wonder if he can make him use his fire ability." I said. 

"Shut up and watch." said Misery.

"Jeez, you don't have to be so rude." I said in a fake hurting tone. 

"Midoriya vs Todoroki!"

"Let the battle commence!"

Immediately after the battle started, Deku used his quirk and Todorki made his ice. Stomping his feet onto the ground, he made waves of ice spikes towards Midoriya who made a flicking motion with his finger. If you looked closely, red lines appeared on his fingers, and destroyed the ice Todoroki made.

All Might's quirk and Endeavor's experiment.

Now this is quite interesting, there were so many dramas between them it was kind of funny. 

Another wave of ice came and Deku deflected it again, both of his fingers were now broken and purple. To injure himself just to block an attack, he should've trained himself in speed and dodging. He didn't need to do all this if he could gain some balls, All Might really has been lacking. 

Focusing back on the battle, another big breeze of cold wind hit us. It was probably cold for some people but for me? Definitely not, I had trained in Antarctica once to get used to all weathers of the world. 

They repeated the same thing and now it was getting boring. Couldn't they do something else? There was plenty of things Deku could be doing, running around, making feints, and dodging. Utilize speed, but I guess he has never trained in something like that. 

From what the battle looks like to me, Todorki wants a quick match while Midoriya wants an endurance battle. Every quirk has their limits, I wonder what are my limits though. 

Another wave of ice came but this time, Midoriya used up all of his fingers and Todorki was now able to get closer. Making another wave of ice to run on, Deku decided to use his hand's figure to destroy the ice.

Was this an interesting match for the people? 

I could only think this was quite boring, nap time.

.

.

I woke up from the change in atmosphere, oh has it started?

Opening my eyes, looking through the blindfold, the heat signature was rising. 

So he decided to use his fire ability eh?

A huge flame erupted from the platform ad the heat started to rise, now this is getting better. 

Haha! I could see Endeavor having an orga- oh look he's there!

"You will fulfill my desire!" said Endeavor.

"Such a doting father!" said Present Mic.

I think it's being misunderstood here, but oh well. 

Hmm? Everything's going to break if this continues.

Todorki makes large chunks of ice and aimed towards Midoriya who starts rushing towards him/

They really plan to break the platform?

 A huge burst of flame suddenly erupted from Todorki and headed towards Midoriya who has sparks coming from his arms.

As they connect their attacks, a huge shockwave erupted from the stadiu, luckily I activated my barrier to surround us and the section my mom and little sister was at. As for the others....they could defend themselves.

Just in case, I looked at where my mom said and she had the glare that said 'Why didn't you put the barrier up to defend everyone?' but I looked away.

Why should I help the people who won't even acknowledge me for helping them?

Focusing back on the aftermath, it seems like Deku was knocked out of bounds and Todorki won. 

Our battle was pushed back due to Todoroki being a bit tired, oh well I can have more nap time. 

.

.

After I don't know how long, I finally heard my name on the speakers.

"Next up, Kazumi Gojo against Todoroki Shoto."

"Good luck." said Misery.

"I don't need it." I replied.

Making my way down towards the field, I came across Endeavor.

My, isn't this interesting.

Right before I was about to walk pass him, he said something to me.

"You're strong." said Endeavor.

"I know." I replied.

Of course I knew that, he didn't even need to tell me.

"Especially someone with Gojo in their name." said Endeavor.

I paused, oh?

"What might you be talking about?" I asked.

"Hmm, it seems you don't know. Terrific, haha! You don't need to know, just know that you won't ever surpass my son." said Endeavor.

Is this guy for real?

"Why would I need to surpass him? He was never above me, watch this match. Your son won't lay a finger on me." I said walking away.

Endeavor, you're someone truly despicable. But I suddenly remembered what he said, 'Especially someone with the name of Gojo.'

No point of dwelling on it now, time for my battle.

Walking to the platform, it seems Todoroki had already covered. The platform seems to be renewed, the guy who made this must've been sad when this broke.

"Let the battle commence!"

(Author POV)

"Let the battle commence!" said Present Mic.

A wave of ice was sent over to Kazumi who was standing still.

'Did she give up?' thought Todoroki but he knew otherwise.

As the ice got closer and closer, Kazumi still hasn't moved an inch.

She stood there looking at the attack, she didn't need to dodge, after all it wouldn't touch her anyways. 

When the ice hit her and covered her, the crowd began to talk.

"Did she give up?"

"Wasn't she strong?"

'What's she thinking?' thought Todoroki.

He was not the type to fret over these type of things, however his opponent was Kazumi Gojo, he needed to be cautious.

There were murmurs but suddenly the ice broke and the stadium went quiet.

It revealed Kazumi standing still, not moving an inch, and was unscathed from the attack. 

The people were shocked at how Kazumi was able to take the attack while standing still and still unscathed.

Todorki didn't waste any time thinking, he put both of his hands together and sent a wave of ice with a burst of fire but once again, Kazumi didn't move an inch. 

Instead, she smiled a little bit as the attack came towards her.

「 Domain Expansion: Void Manipulation」

『Switch』

Suddenly, Kazumi was where Todoroki was standing, the attack that was supposed to hit Kazumi was going to hit Todoroki instead. Luckily, he was able to jump away just in time.

Everyone was confused on what Kazumi did, they all wondered how Kazumi was suddenly in Todoroki's place.

"Welcome to my space Todoroki." said Kazumi.

In in instant, Todorki was suddenly in a place filled with black holes, stars, and planets.

"Welcome to my domain, I control everything in here. Not even your quirks will work here." said Kazumi.

Todorki tried activating his quirk but it didn't activate, he couldn't even move. 

The crown was watching Todoroki standing still while Kazumi was saying things the crowd couldn't hear, it looked like a chat to them but to Kazumi and Todoroki, this was different.

Kazumi was showing the difference between her and Todoroki, she was someone who surpassed the limits of a quirk, she could never be held back. 

『Sleep』

Suddenly, Todoroki started drifting into darkness. The last thing he saw was Kazumi grinning widely.

(Kazumi POV)

After he passed out, everything ended. I went back into the stands and waited for my next battle. 

I looked over to Endeavor and he was mad. Some of his reputation and pride was ruined because to them, Todoroki simply dropped while I did nothing. 

Well, he shouldn't have bothered me.

I could've made Todoroki look good at least...

 

 

44