Chapter 36: Evaluation
1.1k 2 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was currently walking somewhere along with Midoriyia to see the Gran Torino, the man who taught All Might. I didn't understand why I had to come along, I had much better things to do. The only thing he replied to me was that I'd be helpful, using my eyes to evaluate this kid's muscles? This was going to be a long day.

When we entered the room, the old man was on the floor with ketchup below him. Next to me, Midoriya looked nervous as hell, he probably thought the old man died or something. 

"Man. When I was carrying a string of sausages with ketchup poured over them, I fell." said Gran Torino.

This old man..isn't he just trying to toy with us?

"Now then, who are you both?" asked Gran Torino.

"I'm I-izuki Midoriya from U.A." said Midoriya.

Still a nervous wreck, can't he just relax a bit?

"Kazumi Gojo from U.A." I said. 

"What?" asked Gran Torino.

"Izuki Midoriya!"

"Old man, I know damn well you can hear us." 

"Who are you both?"

"Quit fooling around"

This old man... he's messing with us isn't he?

Then suddenly, the old man went over to his toolbox and started doing something.

"What're you doing?" asked Midoriya.

"Fire a one for all at me." replied Gran Torino.

"Oh? This might be interesting." I muttered.

"I want to know how well you can handle it." said Gran Torino. 

"Go fire one at him, I can stop the attack if anything goes wrong anyways." I said.

Midoriya gave me a look full of confusion and a bit of worry.

"That's why All Might brought me here anyways." I added.

Suddenly Midoriya gained some balls, "I can't waste time with you, sir." That was the only part I heard.

From what I can see through my sunglasses, this old man was stronger than Midoriya. 

 "In that case..." muttered the old man.

Right as Midoriya was about to leave, he took a deep breath and sprung himself on the walls of the room and even landing on the floor with ease. He kept springing around, I mean it was impressive for an old man, but this is too slow.

Then the old man suddenly sprung at me, I could tell he wanted to go above me but, he should be evaluating Midoriya, not me. Right as he sprung above me, I timed my grab perfectly and took the old man's collar and changed his route and threw him towards Midoriya.

Luckily, the old man was able to regain his balance and land on the ceiling.

"In that case, there's even more of a reason to fire one at me. You zygote." said Gran Torino.

He already forgot what I just did to him? Oh well, but zygote sure is one weird insult...

While the old man started to talk to Midoriya about some things, I pulled out a lollipop and popped it in my mouth. The sweet cotton candy like flavor filled my mouth and I felt like I was in heaven.

The sweets in this world truly was amazing, it could rival the ones back in my world, or maybe even be better than it. While I'm at it, I ate some chocolate bars. If my mother or Misery saw this, they would definitely scold me for this. 

When I snapped out of my trance, Midoriya was in a green costume along with the old man springing around him. He activated his quirk as the old man came forward at him, his prediction was decent but he's too stiff.

The old man easily dodged and grabbed Midoriya's head and knocked him down. From what I saw with my eyes, Midoriya needs to loosen himself up, probably should focus on yoga along with running exercises, when he's done with that, he should focus on the fundamentals of fighting.

"What should I do to get stronger?" asked Midoriya.

"Why don't you ask your friend over there?" asked Gran Torino.

He looked at me and had expectations in his eyes, but sorry, I'm only giving a hint.

"You're stiff." I said. 

Gran Torino gave me a look and started walking outside. I took the signal and walked after him, when I stepped out, he was already leaning against the wall waiting for me.

"What is it jiji?" I asked.

He looked at me with a serious expression, "I saw you on the tv, you're stronger than me and Midoriya aren't you? No, let me correct myself."

"You're most likely stronger than all of the heroes and possibly the villains too. Aren't I correct?" asked the old man.

"Hmm, I think you hold me too high in your list."

"I don't think so, with your quirk, you just might be able to cause the world's destruction."

"That's true but, get to the point. What do you really need?"

"Which side are you on, heroes or villain?"

"None of course, I'd rather not call myself any of that. I follow my own ideals and only my own. Such things as heroes and villains is complete irrelevant to me. After all, when you're the strongest, who would dare to go against you?"

With that, I started walking away and went to a nearby sweets shop.

Buying a few lollipops, I popped one in my mouth and acted like I didn't say anything absurd.

Oh well, it's not like he'll tell anyone...maybe he will and I'll get in trouble.

Before I forget, I remembered to meet up with Midnight since she forcefully made me choose her as my agency. Seriously, what does this woman need?

This playful and flirtatious woman would even act like that in front of her students, despite that, she has an entirely different side from her. A serious and temperamental side, I was lucky to encounter such a sight.

She beat that man up with ease and I also took a look at his injuries too. 4 broken ribs, a broken arm, and a fractured leg. This woman was unbelievably fierce.

Though, it's not like I didn't like those sides of her.

Now then, time to meet up with Nemuri...

 

 

 

39