Chapter [5] The Magician: Who Is Who?
45 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The second election ended, and everyone had 15 minutes to straighten their thoughts. Currently, both Good and Evil had 1 point each. Thanks to Jack's unconscious assistance, Luca managed to guess the pathway and privilege of two people. However, things were going to get more complicated as the round continued. There were four more elections to go, and it was hard to tell who will be the ultimate victor.

 

The 15 seconds ended as the third public hearing began. As the third team leader, the middle-aged man John had the right to speak. He was visibly relieved after the Evil came out even.

"Thankfully, thankfully," his words were spoken in a timid voice as his eyes swept over the other challengers. He flinched when he met Jack's stare, however, after a second thought, he straightened his back.

"I voted for Evil," as if he was seeking confirmation or praise, he looked at Jack with the corner of his eyes. Perhaps because of his many years as a corporate worker, he was used to bowing low before predators. Was it physical or social, there were always people above you; If he had learned something, that was to tread lightly and never cross the path of a carnivore. This was the only way herbivores like him could exist.

 

Thirty seconds went in by a flash, and Luca took the word. In the eyes of others, the moment he was out of the election, the win went to the Evil faction. Therefore, wasn't this enough proof? This youth was definitely Good! At least his pathway was Good. His heart was actually blacker than a kettle!

 

Looking at the hatred and suspicion hidden in countless pairs of eyes, Luca just shrugged his shoulders. It was pointless for him to defend himself. He was already deemed to be the Good guy. Therefore, why waste time speaking? He decided to stay silent once again.

 

"We did it! We received a point as well." The beautiful woman was ecstatic. She swept her gaze over her teammates. Her eyes, flashing with a sense of wariness and confusion. Previously the Evil was losing, and she was so scared that her soul was about to pop out. Of course, it was just a matter of speech. Currently, she was just a soul. What was going to escape was already out.

"If we get two more points, we can win. If we do right, we can live." A tear came out of her eye and slipped down toward the marbled floor. She didn't want to die. She wasn't in her teens, but she was barely 37. She was in her prime, and life was waiting for her to stretch a hand and grasp it.

 

The hearing continued. Both the Asian girl and Ivan looked relieved that the result was a tie. After all, they were from the Evil faction! As they had nothing more to say, they concluded their speeches with a word or two.

 

Finally, Jack growled, trying to dominate the atmosphere. He looked approvingly at Yuna, "Good! You did well, little girl. This big brother is definitely going to reward you later." The desire in his voice was palpable. At the same time, he was cussing just as passionately at Ivan and Luca. At the end of his hearing, he didn't hide it and openly ogled at Amy Hart's bust. Luca had never seen a bear in a rut, but most likely, it looked something like Jack.

 

It was time for the third round.

[ The team leader John Adams has selected Luca Lawrence, Amy Hart, and Ivan Vladimirovich as his temporary teammates. You have 1 minute to cast your vote.]

 

The mechanical voice sounded, urging the challengers to cast their votes. However, what was puzzling was that the plump balding man had actually selected Luca as a teammate! Maybe to others, this may not look like much, but built upon Luca's guess about the previous selection, it gave him a valuable piece of information. John Adams was from the pathway of Good! He was an excellent actor!

 

After all, he was crying about being Evil a second ago before suddenly pulling the number one Good guy as a teammate. Was he just so clueless and simple? Probably not. Jack, who was most likely to be Evil, was not chosen this time. This was irrefutable proof.

 

A minute passed fast, and the result was announced.

 

[The third voting has concluded. There is no winner.

The fourth round's team leader is Luca Lawrence. The fourth public hearing will start in 15 seconds.]

 

In this game, Luca already knew that Motoe Yuna was the Duplicator, he was the Gambler, and Jack Davis was the Prophet. He just learned that John was actually from the Good pathway. At the same time, Ivan was probably Good, while Amy was Evil. This was easy to infer. The chance for both Amy and John to act so professionally was minuscule. Therefore if John was Good, Amy should be Evil. The only one left was Ivan, and he should be from the Good faction as well. There was a certain chance that the Traitor had already changed their pathway. However, Luca could do nothing if this was the case. It was just too much to ask him to win the game with Jack alone, and if there were 4 Evils, then there was no way for him to know it yet. Anyway, if the Traitor was smart, he or she shouldn't risk changing their pathway yet. The Traitor could change their side only outside of the selection. The moment the team was called, the selection began. Therefore if they already did change their side, they had to do it just after the second selection ended, before learning who will be in the third team. It was too unreasonable to do so. Luca decided to ignore this possibility for now.

Then what was left unknown was the connection between some players and positions: John(Good), Amy(Evil), Ivan(Good); Hypnotist, Traitor, Restricter;

Who was who?

In the first round, both Jack and Yuna used their authority. Therefore Ivan was not the Restrictor, or he refrained from using his ability. Then in the second round, did John and Amy used their abilities? Since the moment he came to this marbled space, Luca tried his best to observe. After the last election team was formed, Luca started to believe that Amy (the beautiful lady) was a poor actor. She was genuinely afraid, confused, and sad. Therefore, the look of confusion and wariness she showed while talking just before the 3rd election should have a meaning. It was pointed at her teammates, especially at John and Yuna.

 

Amy's mental state was shaken. On top of that, she wasn't chosen in the first selection, and her pathway was losing. In such a situation, Luca believed that she would definitely try to use her ability. Was she the Traitor? No! She would never be so desperate when Evil was losing if she was the Traitor. Then she was either a Hypnotist or Restrictor.

 

However, why would she be wary of a teammate? At the time, Jack was observing Yuna, and he couldn't influence Amy. Did Yuna doubled Amy's vote, or did John used his own authority? First, it was unlikely for Yuna to do it in this situation. It was already astonishing that she recklessly cast her privilege in the first round. Most likely, this was her way of fishing. Just like Luca was trying to catch Jack by using his indifferent behavior as bait, Yuna was fishing for Luca's allegiance by doubling his vote and looking at the results. She was lucky and found out Luca was Good! In the second round, she was trying her best to hide from Jack's eyes. Moreover, her Good side was winning. There was no way such a crafty person recklessly would expose herself by duplicating another unknown player's vote. Therefore, Amy was targeted by John. John could not be the Traitor because of the nature of the Traitor's privilege. Then he was a Hypnotist or Restrictor.

 

However, Subrule 1: The dominance of privileges is as follows:

Traitor > Prophet > Restricter > Hypnotist > Gambler >Duplicator. If he was a Hypnotist, his ability would have been suppressed by Amy!

Finally, the murky water was clearing up. Amy was an Evil Hypnotist, and John was a Good Restrictor. The last one was Ivan, and he was the Good Traitor!

 

Luca had a headache. He had to conclude all of this in a short period of time before making a decision. Thankfully the result was as he had expected, and there was a draw.

After concluding everyone's allegiance and position, Luca predicted how the round would play. Ivan was the Traitor, and he could be ignored; He could not influence a vote. In the public's eyes currently, three players were known. Jack was an Evil Prophet, while Luca was Good and Yuna was Evil. These were Jack's observations, and he was kind enough to share them with both friends and foes. Therefore John was definitely not going to use his privilege on Luca. The First round where Ivan played ended with the victory of Good. And John had already restricted Amy once. As an excellent actor himself, would he not know that Amy was genuinely scared? Therefore Luca decisively selected Upright. At the same, time he used his privilege to flip John's vote.

Luca chuckled silently. He was not a Gambler but a Schemer. It was all a plan to trip up Ivan. After all, he could just vote with Reversed and let John vote with Upright. There was no need to go around and change both sides. The result was the same. However...The target of a privilege would receive a notice at the end! Who will John doubt more? The famous Good boy Luca or the uncertain factor Ivan?

 

The third selection looked like this:

|Luca, Gambler -> Upright + Flipping John's vote|

|John, Restrictor -> Upright(crossed out) -> Reversed + Restricting Amy|

|Ivan, Traitor -> Upright|

|Amy, Hypnotist -> Reversed|

 

In the third election, no one got a point.

2