Note on Valentine’s Date
94 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For those who have only read Kunoichi, Nanami is the aunt of the main character of My World and You. Everything I write is all part of a connected world and I love writing crossover stories, especially about characters who didn't get much time in the main work. 

I loved Koemi’s character and always felt bad she didn’t get as fleshed out as I would have liked. Unfortunately, the flow of the story swept Koemi up and she kind of fell by the wayside. Of all the members of Kunoichi she got the least amount of time and I regretted that. I had an idea of ways I could get her more involved in the story, but they never panned out properly and so she languished, a mostly forgotten side character. So sad.

When I had the idea to do a crossover story, she was the first character that came to mind. Nanami plays a much larger role in My World and You in later books, but the first book only mentions her a couple of times and I wanted to give her a little time before she gets re-introduced later on in a larger way.

I was excited to bring Akari and Sachi along for the ride. I never regret giving Sachi page time and it was nice not having Akari suffer for a change. That poor girl’s been through enough!

Just one final note before I end my rambling, the story was not supposed to be this long. Honestly. I started out with the line “Koemi Tanaka was trapped” with the intention of having a quick sort of Koemi X Nanami story to celebrate Valentine’s Day and bring the shared world a little closer together. I had the ending I wanted to achieve but did not anticipate it taking so long to get there. Two days (not including work interruptions) later I finally reached the spot I had originally wanted to end it at. I realize that some people might be disappointed there was no slippery going on but I ask you to please forgive me. It was, after all, their first date!

I had so much fun writing about these two I really didn’t want to end it, but I also didn’t want to draw it out too long, either. I’m satisfied, over-all, with the pacing, I think. There are some parts of the restaurant scene in the first part I cut since it seemed superfluous and some parts of the Skytree scene I should have cut because I, honestly, have no idea about fancy food. I went to fancy restaurant once and the only thing I remember was the food was about the size of a cracker and ridiculously pricey. I apologize for any mistakes I made ☹

Kattsu

( ^..^)ノ

3