Exploration
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Readers,

I wanted to share this piece, which I wrote with the support of an AI language model. It was a challenging process, and I struggled to find the right words and direction. With the assistance of the AI as my editor, we refined the content and brought it to life. While the AI model helped shape this chapter, the ideas and emotions expressed here are my own. I appreciate your feedback as we continue this collaborative writing journey.

Thank you

"Why are you doing this, kid?" Binny asked Vikram, observing him among the volunteers.

"My friend needs urgent treatment," Vikram replied. They argued, Binny tried convincing Vikram, but failed. Taking deep breathe, he down his name. “You should be more careful, we don’t know what we could encounter”, he warned Vikram. The volunteers were divided into three groups, each consisting of seven members. Along with a few rations, they were provided with blunt weapons.

Feeling nervous, Vikram stepped closer to Basant, his face betraying a mixture of nervousness and excitement for the upcoming adventure. The team members introduced themselves slowly. Mary and James Carter, foreign tourists on a trip, stood out among them. Mary was appointed as the captain due to her profession as a wildlife photographer. Apart from Vikram and Basant, the team included Abdul Ali, Rose, and Linda Fedrick.

The three teams set off in different directions, with Vikram's team heading east. As they traveled, they stumbled upon a stone wall covered in vines, with a gate bearing strange symbols. A long, narrow stone lane greeted them, adorned with engraved symbols, broken statues, and a fallen tree suspended mid-air as if held in place by an invisible force. Crossing the lane, they felt a sensation akin to passing through a thin water film.

The world on the other side was vastly different. Unlike the silent beach, the forest was filled with wind, the chirping of birds, and the roars of various creatures. Towering trees like skyscrapers dominated the landscape, while dragonflies the size of eagles and serpent-like birds preyed on other avian species.

With caution, they ventured further into the forest, where the bushes towered above them. Mary reminded the team to keep their voices low. Meanwhile, outside the portal, a group of military officers arrived at the site. Dressed in black uniforms with cloaks, one of them handed a letter to the Major. As the officers surveyed the area, the portal stood visible, surrounded by clear surroundings.

"Major, my boys are entering the portal. Another unit will also arrive soon, hopefully, they can pass through easily," said Major Chandra, who approached the portal with a smoking pipe in his hand. Major Binod could only do his best to fulfill the request. After completing the formality, the command was transferred to Major Chandra.

The units were relocated to various checkpoints as determined by headquarters. After the site was empty, a truck arrived, unloading 250 soldiers and all the necessary equipment. They set up a small pole around the area, creating a thin film-like barrier similar to the one crossed by Vikram and his team. Some squads entered the wormhole, their faces masked and armed with cold weapons of their choice, effortlessly carrying crates weighing tons.

Back in the survivor camp, the newly arrived soldiers introduced themselves as government officials and assured the survivors of their cooperation. They attended to the injured, distributing glucose biscuits and water. Others set up camps or helped clear the mud and debris.

Amidst the activities, one of the soldiers reported something to his captain, who was already engaged in issuing orders. After speaking with a few individuals, the captain returned to camp, addressing his soldier's report.

"What should we do, sir?" the soldier asked.

"Summon the mercenaries as quickly as possible. Also, activate the tower and determine their locations," he instructed. As he walked out, he gazed at the sea, realizing that, beyond what was visible, a force stood behind the barrier—an army of primitive merfolk growling at them.

Meanwhile, in the forest, Linda pointed excitedly at a beautiful flower, capturing everyone's attention. A squirrel the size of a cat approached the flower, fixated on the white orb shining within the rose-like petals. As the squirrel touched the orb, the flower suddenly closed, trapping it inside. Saliva like fluid dripped from the flower as it slowly devoured the squirrel within minutes.

Vikram and the others were shocked, witnessing the horrific scene. To their horror, they saw Linda walking toward another horse-sized rose-like flower. Panicked, Vikram shouted, "Linda, you dumbass! What are you trying to do?" He tried to drag her back, but the flower growled, exposing its long mouth filled with saber-like teeth. It spat pollen toward them, and Vikram froze in terror.

"Help!" Linda's voice cried out before she was ensnared by vines and devoured by the flower. Basant managed to reach Vikram and pulled him away. It took a moment for Vikram to process what had happened before he started running, along with the rest of the team. The pollens released by the flower began to burn, emitting a corrosive acid.

They ran with all their might, desperately trying to escape the deadly flora that lurked in the forest.

0