Volume 1: Chapter 1: Dream
315 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Lily! Meru!Both of you come here!" Shouted Lilac. 

"Mom! What's wrong!?" Lily replied to her mother who was unhappy. 

"You know that it's already lunch time yet the both of you are still busy playing outside! Do the two of you do not want to eat?!"     Lilac touched her forehead  as she taught the two kids a lesson. 

"We are sorry Aunt Lilac..." Meru touched his hands together  as he pouted.  

"Okay....Now the two of you go inside. The knights are arriving soon." Lilac spoke as an arc formed in her mouth.  

She has been taking care of the two kids alone. Her husband, Leon was still at the capital. And Meru's parents have already deceased. Poor child. 

------

This is one of the town in the land of Erone. A town which was larger than the rest. Every Four years, knights from the capital  would come And take talents with them. If one was lucky, the could become a hero. 

------

Galloping could be heard , this were the knights. Upon arriving in the town. The town mayor greeted them.

"Nice to meet you Sir Alex."                The town mayor spoke courtiously. He was a half-bald man, he had a long mustache  and he had a little bit fat body. By this description, you might mistaken him as a bad kind, but don't be fooled at all. He is a kind man. 

"Its also nice to meet you Town Mayor Bidas." Sir Alex turned her gaze around. " The place still remained the same  Four years ago." She added and she returned her gaze to Bidas.

"I see....Then may we resume." Bidas nodded as he turned around to lead the knights. 

----

"Meru I'm so excited!" Lily held Meru's hand tightly. She had always dreamt on becoming a mage and she will accompany Meru  when  he becomes a hero. 

But she wouldn't have expected that this dreams of hers would collapse. 

Meru nodded  as he looked very calm. As if he already knew his results. 

"Lily, what would I do when I fail?" A girl around Meru's height asked Lily. She was called Bree, the daughter of the town mayor. She was a shy little girl who liked to hide behind Lily.

"Don't worry Bree, I know you would succeed." Lily comforted Bree as she patted her head.

"You seem not to worry about yourself Lily." Meru  spoke as he turned around to look at Lily. 

Lily froze, but she still had a smile on her face. 

"Sir Alex and the rest of the knights are here! Children form a line!" Spoke Bidas loudly as he could. 

And After he spoke, the children had run to form a line.  And on the stage was a woman with red hair and she had held an orb on her hand.  Her name was Lis. She was a mage that accompanied the knights.  

Upon looking at the children , she posed. There was an exceptional talent among  them , and that kid could become a hero! 

She pointed her finger  at Meru and spoke " You. Come to the stage." 

Meru didn't take any time and  slowly removed Lily's arm around his. 

He came to the stage and was told by Lis. " What's your name child?" 

"I'm Meru Feng." He spoke as he formed a smile. 

"Congrats Meru. You have the talent of a hero." Lis smiled as she patted the young man's shoulder.

Lily  still kept her smile. But little by little, all of the kids had already been called. 

It was then Bree was called by the mage woman and had found out the little girl actually  got rare talents  for a mage. 

Lily's smile actually froze and formed a down arc. Her eyes were getting watery as she wasn't chosen. 

But that was then when every kid had nice talents, she was the sole one left. Lis suddenly called her name and she  felt happiness flowing inside  her heart.  She rubbed her eyes and ran to the stage. 

"Little Girl, what is your name?" Lis spoke as she comforted  Lily.

"I'm Lily Luminice." Lily laughed.

"Now would you touch the orb in my hand?" Lis  asked as she looked at Lily .

With no second thought, Lily stretched her hands and touched the orb. The color became cyan but then...It turned white....then suddenly...It vanished. 

Lis' smile became distorted. And without even looking at Lily's feelings. She  spoke; 

"Tsk. A waste with no talent." 

Lily's mind turned blank. 'What? Waste?' She thought to herself and tears started  to pour on her face. She thought that the mage just slowly made turns of the children but the reason she was last was because she had no magnitude for magic at all. Why was that? 

She could only feel envy for those who succeed specially  Bree and Meru. 

She felt  embarrassed remembering the words she just spoke earlier. 

Her dreams... were shattered..

 I don't know if the story is nice. But I tried my best. 

5