Volume 1: Chapter 4: Time
198 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lily was in her room, she took out her book and pen and started to write. 

" It is already Two years since I was diagnosed, and my death day is already near. I just hoped that Meru  would come home and say at least a goodbye to me."

Why was Lily not scared of her Death? It was because she had already dreamt of it countless of times. Every night, she dreams that she is being pierced by arrows and she could feel her body numb. 

After writing, she places the book to her side and took out another book that had a Velvet book cover.

She flipped the pages and  was welcomed by drawings. 

Yes, drawings. A year before, she started to draw. This was her hobby when she was bored. Her art wasn't that good, but she still enjoyed it. 

Taking out her pen, she starts to draw herelf in a  long dress that was surrounded by flowers. 

'Kuku. This will be pretty~' Lily thought to herself. 

She hummed as she drew and drew scenes she liked. She even made Meru that was riding a dragon. 

That was when her arms suddenly ached. And the dark spot moved again. Lily who was busy drawing was put on a stop. The pain....It was acting up. 

"Arggghhh!!!" Lily held her scream. Lilac  who was cooking lunch heard her daughter, she rushed and went to her room. 

"Lily!" Lilac was afraid. Afraid that this maybe the last time she could held her daughter. Her beautiful face was now old, and her arms were trembling. She quickly took out painkillers and gave them to her daughter.

"Are you alright?" Lilac spoke in a low tune. 

"I'm now fine Mother."Lily smiled. Half of her face was now covered in black. But she still stayed calm. 

"I see..." Lilac  calmed down.            "Meru is returning  tonight. I know how much you missed him." Lilac added. 

"Does he know what had happened to me?" Lily smiled. 

"He...doesnt." Lilac took a cup of water and gave them to Lily.

"Oh. You should tell him. " Lily drank the water given and gave the empty cup back.

"Why did you have to suffer Lily..." Lilac asked as she stood up.

"Maybe  Fate. Didn't you say I must accept it." Lily smiled again and her eyes were cresents shaped.

Lilac took the fallen pen and gave it to Lily and she went out of the room. "After a while, eat lunch with us." She added and she returned to the kitchen.

Upon seing that her mother was gone. Lily sighed. 

Only a day left, and I'll be saying good bye. Then she turned around and kept the book. Her smile turned into a frown and she turned around. Laying her head  in the pillow, she looked outside from the window. 

----

Looking out from the balcony was a young man with Black hair and Dark blue eyes.

That was Meru. 

Meru was living in the capital ever since he was Thirteen . He lived together with a fellow townsman, Sam.  

Ever since he arrived here, the knights had treated him good. He even met the emperor and was bestowed to go to school. 

But despite all of that, he still  yearns for Lily. She was a person he regarded as a sister. Ever since he was adopted to the Luminice family, Lily cared alot for him and she was a younger sister to him.  

He was supposed to be on a break right now and that just happens to be when his aunt, Lilac, had sent him a letter.

And on this letter was written...

"Dear Meru, 

Your Uncle had returned home last year. And we were hoping  for you to return. Lily missed you alot, she hoped you would really come. Don't let us wait for another day, time is ticking fast and you may be coming late. 

               From: Your Aunt Lilac"

He was really confused about the letter. Why won't they wait for another day? But he had no answers. 

Just as he was busy thinking, a cute voice interrupted  him. 

"Big Brother Meru, what did the letter say?" Spoke a cute girl with big Dark green eyes and Ashy Blonde hair. This was Bree, she was now Fourteen .  

"Oh, Bree!" Meru was a bit surprised. He turned his head to look at the cute girl beside him.

"Aunt Lilac Just wants me to return. Are yoy coming with me?" Meru asked as he smiled. 

"No thanks. My father is coming to the capital and I'll be receiving him." Bree answered as she took a look the letter. 

"Oh, but who will supervise the town when your father, Bidas,wasn't there?" Meru asked confusly.

"You don't need to worry. Didn't the letter say Uncle Leon is home? My father told me he would help in the town when he will be gone for a few days." Bree answered and took the letter away from Meru.

"By the letter it spoke, I'll be going home." Meru replied and patted Bree's head. 

He soon went to his room and was preparing for the trip this afternoon.

---

It was already five in the noon. And Meru was near the town. He rode a horse by himself alone, no need to worry about bandits since his skills were flourished now. 

"Lily! Meru is home!" Lilac happily opened Lily's  room to tell her about it. 

Lily smiled. She then spoke;

"I'm happy he returned." She then looked outside the window to see Meru who was sunkissed. 

---

"Meru!" Lilac  ran outside to receive the now fifteen year old boy. The neighbors had heared the gallons of the horse and went out to see who was it. They were surprised to see Meru home. 

"Aunt Lilac!" Meru happily hugged his Aunt. 

"You have grown tall now!" Lilac  happily played fun. 

"Its good to see you again boy." Leon added. He was only able to see the young Meru when he was only Five. But now he was already Fifteen.

"Nice to see you again Uncle." Meru shook hands with him. Upon only seing the two People who had adopted him, he frowned.

"Where is Lily?" He asked. He was hoping to hug Lily again but she didn't went out to receive him. This made him a little mad.

"She is inside her room. You can visit her instead since her body is weak." Lilac spoke sadly as she showed Meru the way. 

"Weak? How can that be? What had happen?" Meru was worried. He quickly opened the door to Lily's  room and was welcomed by a girl who was bedridden. There were dark marks up to half of her face, and there was the smell of medicine in the air.

"Meru, you've return. Hello!" Lily waved her hand and spoke happily. 

Meru was surprised. 'What had happen! Why was Lily sick!'

"Aunt.. What had happen!?" Meru turned around to ask his aunt. 

"On the day you went to the capital, Lily's  body was suddenly attacked by a mysterious sickness. Every part of her body turned black and her time is about to end..." Lilac cried as she spoke. No one would want their daughter to die!

"Mom, Don't scare Meru like that." Lily laughed .

"I...Ill go prepare dinner." Lilac rubber she eyes and she ran down to the kitchen.

And  what was left in the room was Lily  and Meru. 

"Lily.. What does Aunt mean!" Meru spoke in a confused tune.

"Like she spoke, my time is going to end." Lily smiled again as she took out a book. 

"What! How can you speak as if its nothing!?" Meru was mad. How could Lily speak as if dying was nothing, how could  she speak as if there were none suffering.

"Death is unstopable. So Please  play with me as I am still able." Lily smiled as she opened the book of her drawings. "Come here Meru! Let me show you my drawings!"

Meru was mad but he had to go closer, he sat down to look at the drawings Lily made.

"So this is me in a white dress~ This is you on a dragon! And uh this is us battling the demons!" Lily happily shared her drawings about them two. 

Meru wanted to hate Lily for smiling during this time, but he couldn't so he just joined her.

"Then who is this?" Meru pointed at a girl who was with them two. 

"Uh, that one? I dunno , I just drew her! Isn't she pretty!" Lily replied.

Because if one was too late, the time won't return to where they had regret. 

It's better to spend It happily and forget about the rest.

Im trying my best to make the upcoming chapters  long. Hope you enjoyed. Kekekke.

  

7