16. Heaven Inquisitor Pipa
785 1 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ahem, gentlemen, the auction is moving on."

"Gentlemen, this is the 25th auction. The next item is truly mysterious. We found it in an ancient ruin in the last expedition. Our expert estimated that the value of this item is no less than a middle Earth-grade weapon. Let's start our bidding from 5 million golds with increment at least 1 million golds." The auctioneer revealed a charming smile.

Several men entered the stage bringing an item covered by a black cloth. When The auctioneer removed the cloth, a pipa entered the audience's sight. Its body is made of shiny wood and filled with exotics ornament.

Snowy felt a strange sense of attraction to the item. It was similar to when she found the Worlds Devouring Twin Dagger the other day.

She could not contain her curiosity; she checked the item information.

---

Name: Heaven Inquisitor Pipa

Grade: ???

Quality: ???

Stats Requirement

Mental Strength: 25,000

Effect:

+ 15,000 Mental Strength

Special Effect

Soulbound: This weapon merges with the user's soul and can only be wielded by the user.

Pipa Arrow: This weapon can release a mental attack in the form of an arrow.

Goddess of Knowledge and Art's Blessing: The user of this weapon was granted talent in every art and infinite curiosity. When the weapon bounded to the user's soul, every music played with this instrument charming the soul.

---

'Goddess of Knowledge and Art? Why does it sound familiar?'

She did not remember anything about this goddess. She searched it within her memory; alas, she could not find any clue whatsoever. It was like this goddess never existed at all.

While Snowy tried to solve the puzzle, a voice came from one of the VIP rooms.

"Can I try to play it?" a gorgeous woman from Yin Yang Palace, famous for its music expert, raising her hand.

"Of course, you can." Said the auctioneer, still smiling.

The woman moved forward, ascending the stage. She holds the pipa and plucked some of its string.

To her surprise, there was no sound came out from the pipa.

She frowned and tried to pluck the strings once again but with more power than before.

Unfortunately, it did not make any difference.

"What the hell? Is that item broken?" a young cultivator said.

"Who in the right mind wants to buy something like that?!" another cultivator said with a louder voice.

"Do the pavilion try to scam us?!"

A lot of angry shouts came from the audience. However, many experts did not seem to agree with them.

"That item is quite interesting," one of the experts said.

"Yes, I can feel another kind of energy coming from that item. But, I never hear about it before," one of the bigshots followed.

"I once heard legend about god and immortal. Is this item remnant of their existence?" Elder Yang muttered, seemingly deep in thought.

"Is God really exist?" Lin Min asked.

"I don't know. But some records in the sect mention about them." Elder Yang replied.

The woman tried several times but without results.

Despite the failures, she was not disheartened. On the contrary, she felt more and more intrigued about the pipa. The desire to possess the item bloomed in her heart.

But before long, she shook her head. This item needs someone who fated to handle it. And, it seems she was not the one.

Smiling at the auctioneer, she then said, "She was rather picky. Not everyone can handle her. Let the fated one have her."

The 'She' she was referring to was the pipa.

It was like a woman. If it did not like you, it wouldn't let you touch her or play her. If it like you, it will let you hear the most enchanting sound ever.

The Auctioneer made a wry smile. She never experienced anything like this before.

She immediately looked at Madam Suyan, who can make a decision. Madam Suyan thought for a while and nodded give her an okay.

"As unprecedented in the history of our auction, we will only sell the item to the one who can play it. The price is still 5 million golds. Anyone want to try?" The auctioneer asked the audience.

Many people were interested in the item, but they knew they were not capable. If even Fairy Tantai, the expert from Yin Yang Palace, could not play the item, they would end up embarrassing themselves.

"If there were not anybody who want to try it, we will…"

"I want to try it." A voice so soothing like a lullaby echoed in the room.

Everybody in the hall searching for the source of the voice.

A woman wears a deep blue cheongsam coming to the front. Everybody gasped at the sight of beauty in front of them, who was slowly ascending the stage.

She was Snowy. After discussed this with Feng Xue, she decided to give the challenge a try.

Snowy caresses the Pipa with a longing and yearning gaze. It felt like seeing a family for the first time after a long, long time.

She plucked a string, and unlike before, a calming sound came out from the pipa enveloping the hall.

I can play it like a normal instrument, she thought.

And then, she plucked the string one after another, producing tone after tone.

These seemingly random tones were chaining harmoniously, waving into a melody.

She never heard such melody, yet, her finger moved on its own like her body had played it for a thousand times before.

The bold strings rattled like splatters of sudden rain; the fine strings hummed like lovers' whispers, chattering, and pattering.

Unconsciously, a tear flowed down from her eyes as she continued to play the pipa.

As if she was a fairy performing concert in the middle of a heavenly garden. The sight was very mystical.

The audience speechless and just sat quietly enjoying the performance. Their mind and body felt like they were transferred into a foreign land surrounded by an unfamiliar temple and exotic flowers.

She played non-stop for 15 minutes. At the time the last tone finished, the audience snapped like waking up from a dream.

No one knew who is the one who started it, but soon everybody clapped and whistled. Whispering heard here and there.

"Who is that beauty? How come I never heard her before?"

"I just heard a rumor she is Young Miss Feng's friend."

"Is she from Heaven Sword Sect? What a waste of talent, she better joins Yin Yang Palace."

Ignoring the crowd, Snowy looked at the auctioneer and said casually, "Can I have the item?"

"Y-yes, Madam Suyan said that the item would soon be delivered to your room together with the pill." The auctioneer stuttered a bit when she replied to Snowy's question.

"Thank you."

Snowy descended the stage and walked to her room casually, like strolling in the park. Many people tried to approach her but halted when they see Feng Xue's cold gaze as she was waiting for Snowy outside the room.

She was like a dragon protecting its treasure from any possible hoarder.

When Snowy arrived near the room's door, Feng Xue grabbed her hand and gave her a concerned look.

"Are you okay? You look so sad up there." She said.

"Don't worry. I'm fine already." Snowy replied.

"Why did you suddenly cry?" asked Feng Xue.

"I… don't know… I don't understand either…" Snowy said while massaging her temple.

"Snowy…"

Feng Xue felt like she steps on a landmine. Lightening up the mood, she quickly changes the topic.

"Anyway, your performance was beautiful." Feng Xue gave her a big smile.

"I can play it again for you," Snowy said, regaining her calmness.

"You should."

She spoke softly as she dragged her back inside the room.

Meanwhile, Snowy and her performance earlier became a hot topic of discussion of several experts in their respective rooms.

---

"Elder Tantai, are you sure to let the Pipa go?" A young woman pouring a tea for Elder Tantai.

"Yes. If it isn't meant to be then just let it go," said Fairy Tantai profoundly.

"But... Isn't the Pipa is the same Pipa in the Goddess painting?" asked the woman curiously.

"So what? I'm more interested in that young lady, instead," said Fairy Tantai and lazily waving her hand: "Check her background and give it to me immediately."

"Interesting, truly interesting."  Fairy Tantai stared at Feng Xue's and Snowy's room amusedly

---

"That lass is like your junior sister said, giving us many surprises," Elder Yang remarked.

"She is more than it meets to the eye." Lin Ming gave an approving nod.

"No wonder junior sister thinks so highly of her." Zi Ling said seeing Snowy with new light.

"The sect is going get lucky then." Lin Ming said.

"Luck or disaster, it is too early to determined. Just, leave it up to fate," Elder Yang said solemnly.

 

47