20. Revelation and Melancholy
801 2 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feng Xue's body trembling from excitement. She launched her body at Snowy and hugged her tightly.

Other people inside the room give them doubtful gazes. However, when they heard snowy following words, their body trembling too.

"He was inflicted by Black Scorpion Poison, a poison extracted from Black Scorpion, a Nascent Soul stage Spiritual Beast that common in South Region." She said with a serious face: "The poison is most effective when it was inserted into the body directly either by ingestion or injection. Someone must have been poisoning his food or drink."

"I doubt someone at his level can be poisoned if he was not giving them permission or let his guard down. So, the culprit is probably someone he knows and familiar with."

"I have the recipe for his medication, but I don't have the ability to concoct it with my current cultivation. If I am at least at the peak Qi Transformation stage, I'm sure I can do it, albeit using much more resources. Unfortunately, our time is short. We only have three months to gather all of the ingredients and get the medicine done. Longer than that, it will be impossible to cure him."

Feng Xue shuddered after she listened to Snowy's explanation.

Someone close to her family tried to kill her father. Someone who close enough to make her father dropped his guard. Only one name came to her mind.

"FENG LUO!!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!"

Feng Xue's eyes turn bloodshot, a wave of fury crashed through her. Her killing intent leaked, filling the entire room. When she seemed ready to burst out to confront Feng Luo, a heavy pressure down on her body.

"Feng Xue! Get ahold of yourself!" Elder Yang reprimanded her with a heavy and harsh voice.

"But, Master!" Feng Xue glaring fiercely at her master.

Slap!

A sudden slap landing on her contorted face. Pain on her cheek made her head regain its clarity.

"Calm down, little Xue," Madam Feng said softly while caressing the spot she slapped before.

"Mom…"

Tears once again gushing from Feng Xue's eyes. She kept looking down and sniffled.

"You can't act rashly before we find solid proof that Feng Luo is involved in this accident. Moreover, we don't know whether he has an accomplice in this mansion or not. It will only give us away. And if my instinct hasn't failed me, this accident may be bigger than we think."

"The most important thing, for now, is your father's medication. We don't know if three months are enough to gather all the ingredients. And, we might have to visit Pill Haven sect to find someone who can concoct the medicine."

"I'll contact sect master to ask if our sect can provide some of the ingredients in the list. Until then, I forbid you to take any action."

Elder Yang said sternly to Feng Xue and then looked at Snowy.

"Can you give me the recipe and ingredient list?"

"Un."

Snowy nodded, took out a jade slip, and transferred the recipe inside it. Elder Yang took the jade slip from Snowy's hand and sending his spiritual sense inside.

Seeing the ingredient on the list, Elder Yang furrowed his eyebrow and making a complicated face.

"There are some rare ingredients and even some medicinal plants I've never heard before. You… where do you get this recipe?" But before he got an answer, he shook his head and continued speaking: "No, that's not important right now. I'll get in touch with Sect Master first."

He turned around and walked toward the door. Snowy suddenly called him, seeing he was about to leave, "Can I follow you? I can help you explain things if necessary."

"Okay, let's go." Elder Yang left the room, followed by Snowy.

"It's okay junior sister. Everything is going to be alright." Zi Ling patting Feng Xue's head gently.

"She is right. We will survive through this storm together." Lin Ming said.

"Senior Sister Zi, First Brother Lin, thank you…" Feng Xue mumbled, still crying in her mother's embrace.

Around half an hour later, Snowy and Elder Yang coming back to the room. His face looks solemn.

"I have contact Sect Master. We could get most of the ingredients from the sect, while some rare ingredients can only obtain from the auction houses or Pill Haven. We will speak more about it later when all of us had come back to the sect."

Elder Yang looked at Feng Xue and continue, "Feng Xue and Snowy will stay here from the time being in case the culprit makes a move within these days."

"Zi Ling and Lin Ming will follow me back to the sect now. We have an urgent situation in the sect. Some of our disciples got attacked outside and the culprit most probably Heavenly Blood Sect." His gaze shifted at Zi Ling and Lin Ming.

"Heavenly Blood Sects! Yan Tian must be got his hand in this accident!" Feng Xue growled.

Elder Yang nodded and said," This is an elaborate scheme. We are forced to leave early, so you must be extremely careful."

"Elder Yang, can't I stay here to ensure Feng Family's safety? I will be a strong helper if something is going wrong." Zi Ling pleaded.

Betraying her expectation, Elder Yang shook his head. "Sect Master, order me to take you and Lin Ming back. He has his reason, so just be obedient and follow me."

"Urgh…"  Zi Ling could not rebut his word, only let out a small groan.

"Let's go, Junior Sister Zi. Sect Master must have his own plan. We shouldn't waste our time anymore so we can get back here earlier." Lin Ming patted her shoulder, convincing her.

Zi Ling can only nod and look guiltily at Feng Xue, "Sorry, Junior Sister Feng. I can't be here with you. I promise we will back as soon as possible."

"Don't worry. I can protect myself and my family also; I have Snowy with me," Feng Xue replied calmly.

"I have no idea what you are capable of, but please protect her in my stead." Zi Ling looking at Snowy.

"I will-" protect her even if you don't ask me to, is what snowy was going to say, but she decided to keep it for herself.

Their gaze met, and some invisible little sparks seem to appear between them.

"You brat. Please be safe and don't make any decision you'll regret later." Elder Yang said while waving his hand, gesturing for Zi Ling and Lin Ming to quickly follow him.

Then, the trio summoned their Flying Sword and disappeared into the sky in a flash.

Feng Xue gave a last look in their direction, turned back, and entered the room where Snowy and her mother were.

Unbeknownst to her, after the trio leave, someone took out a transmission jade in the corner of the mansion and activated it.

---

After sending her mother to sleep, Feng Xue walking back slowly to her room. There was so much thing that happened to her in a single night; it made her feel exhausted.

She felt the night breeze was scraping her skin as she walked through the terrace. Its coldness made her body shiver, yet strangely also made her a little bit calmer.

Zing, zing, zing, zing.

Suddenly, she heard a melody resounding throughout the mansion. It sounded serene and peaceful. Her mood is getting better as she enjoys listening to the song. Unknowingly, she had already reached her room before she noticed.

Inside, she saw the sight of Snowy playing her pipa near the window. Moonlight flicked upon her dazzling face as she was looking outside with a yearning gaze.

Sensing Feng Xue coming inside the room, Snowy looked at her with a small smile on her usually expressionless face.

Feng Xue walked closer and then sat beside her. Without a word, she laid down her head on Snowy's shoulder and closed her eyes.

Snowy, sensing Feng Xue's head on her shoulder, stopped playing for a moment.

"Don't stop." Feng Xue demanded softly.

"Are you okay?" Snowy grab her hand and looking at her, worried.

"I'm okay. Just let me stay like this for a little longer." Feng Xue replied.

Snowy nodded and continue playing her pipa.

"Hey, Snowy."

"Yes?"

"What is this song about?"

"It's a story about a woman who watches the night sky wondering about her family in the home. I think?"

"Hehehe. Why are you sound unsure? You're so strange."

They fell silent once again.

"Hey, Snowy."

"Yes?"

"You won't leave me, will you?"

"I won't."

"You must promise me."

"Yes, I promise."

"Hehe."

They both did not bother talking anymore and just quietly listening to the music under the moonlight.

 

48