34. Cooking Hellfire Noodle
726 1 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Snowy looked around to check what kind of ingredients available in the kitchen. When she saw Hellfire Chilly Pepper inside the spice box, she decided to make the Hellfire Noodle, one of the recorded recipes within her memories.

First, She mixed the flour with a precise amount of water enough to make kneading easier, but not too much to make the noodle gummy.

Before the water was added to the flour, she channeled her primordial qi into the water, making it purer. If any experts present in this room, they will definitely pull their hair watching helplessly as the water that even more precious than any elixir ever appeared in the entire Eastern Region was wasted to make a noodle.

Then, she stirred the mixture until it was evenly mixed and kneaded it into a dough while occasionally adding some salt.

After several pushes, she rested the dough for around 30 minutes to let it absorb the moisture in the surrounding until it became more elastic and pliable.

While the dough was resting, she started to work on the broth. She poured the same water used for making the dough into the pot and added some spices and spirit beast bones and marrow.

"What an amazing water!" Madam Feng exclaimed when she finally noticed its abnormality. Even though her cultivation wasn't that high, she could still sense the pureness of the qi emitted by the water. She knew that Snowy did something to it, but she didn't know what. She looked at Snowy with great interest.

Oblivious to Madam Feng's shock, she stirred the broth rapidly. At the same time, she adjusted the heat with perfect consistency and channeled her qi into the pot to speed up the extraction process.

The broth turned thicker and emitted delicious fragrance as the nutrient within the bone and marrow seeped into the water.

When 30 minutes had passed, she left the broth cooked and once again worked on the dough.

She patted the smooth dough, and it began to float in mid-air, rotating on its own axis while going around in a circle as though it were a planet.

White flour rose up into the air and revolved around the rotating dough. The dough immediately began to absorb the airborne flour into it.

Snowy clapped her hands, causing flour to scatter all around, and her eyes gradually lit up.

She extended her fingers, stretched the revolving dough, and then immediately threw it down into the cutting board.

"Bang!" the dough flatten, spreading across the board. Snowy flipped it around and once again threw it down. She did it several times until the dough became very thin and then folded it into several layers.

And then, she pulled her kitchen knife and sliced the dough into several parts. Their size was so precise that they looked like shaped by a mold rather than cut manually.

Just like that, the noodles were ready.

The last thing she needed to prepare was the main ingredient that made the dish own its name.

Snowy brought Hellfire Chilly Pepper to the chopping board one by one and then took the kitchen knife and twirled it between her fingers before she started to mince the pepper into a fine powder.

"Don Don Don!" As the cutting became smoother and refined, spiciness permeated into the air caused Snowy to furrow her brow involuntarily and began sweating profusely. Even Madam Feng, who was only watching from afar, can feel her eyes moisten.

After she finished, she heated up a wok, added several scoops of broth into it, and rapidly stirred the broth.

Sizzle!

She increased the flame's intensity, and only a few seconds later, the soup in the wok began to boil. Next, he placed the noodles into the wok, instantly submerging them below the boiling water.

As she watched the noodles being boiled, Snowy summoned the Hellfire Chilly Pepper Powder into his hand. Without hesitation, Snowy sprinkled the powder into the wok, and the boiling water instantly turned red. A spicy flavor surged out of it.

She sent her spiritual sense into the wok and immediately started observing the changes of the ingredients within it. The noodles absorbed the broth properly shown by glistening oil on its surface.

Bang!

Snowy smiled faintly and waved his hand. Suddenly, the noodles within the wok soared up. She took out several porcelain bowls, and the steaming noodles fell into them.

Its fragrance, which had already begun permeating the air, caused Snowy to nod in approval.

She scooped some of the hot scarlet soup and poured it into the bowl. She then tipped some chopped shallots atop it, and thus, the Hellfire Noodles—which seemed capable of stimulating anyone's appetite—was completed.

"I'm glad the recipe works properly." Snowy sighed in relief.

Madam Feng's eyes brightened as she watched from the side. Was it finished? Was that Snowy's new dish?

"Is that the lunch you promise me?" Suddenly Feng Xue appeared in the kitchen, seems eager to taste the dish.

At that moment, she saw Snowy smile and beckon her over.

Feng Xue excitedly walked toward her, seems to lose her shyness from the past week.

"I make this dish especially with you in mind—the Hellfire Noodles. Hope you'll like it," said Snowy.

Feng Xue was delighted. The noodles' luster was pretty good, and the rosy soup emitted a rich and slightly spicy fragrance that assaulted her, causing her to gulp involuntarily.

"Then, I won't be reserved," said Feng Xue, grinning.

"Aunt Feng, here for you too," said Snowy as she handed a bowl to Madam Feng.

"Wow, it looks wonderful," Madam Feng exclaimed in admiration.

Both of them took a pair of bamboo chopsticks and gripped up a steaming, scarlet noodle that had been soaked in the soup.

That noodle looked extremely springy, and as they fished it up, it jiggled slightly in the air.

Slurp!

Feng Xue and Madam Feng opened their mouth and slurped the noodle up.

The smiling Feng Xue put down her chopsticks and started chewing the noodle. She wanted to properly appreciate the fragrance and taste.

"Aaah… shoo delishouuss…" As usual, Feng Xue couldn't contain her pleasure and slurred involuntarily.

Then, she brought the bowl near her mouth and sucked the soup as if it was divine water.

"Aahhn…" in a blink of an eye, her complexion turned completely red. It wasn't only because of the noodle was hot and spicy. She also felt the qi inside her body fluctuated like crazy!

This spectacle didn't happen only to Feng Xue; Madam Feng also felt the same.

"Aah…" Madam Feng started to panic because of the sudden change in her body.

"No need to panic. It will help you to solidify your cultivation," Snowy said casually.

Listening to Snowy's explanation, both of them began chanting their cultivation technique.

Gradually their body back to normal. But, their spiritual aura became denser and thicker.

"This dish is really extraordinary," Madam Feng said in wonder.

"Snowy's food is the best!" Feng Xue exclaimed and slurping her second portion of noodles.

Seeing how happy Feng Xue turned out to be, a sense of accomplishment rose inside Snowy's heart.

 

37