38. Mysterious Plant
670 0 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"O-Of course...i-it's our pleasure," said the middle-aged man, cleaning the chair beside him.

After getting their approval, Snowy and Feng Xue moved from their table to join the group's table. The youngest cultivator from that group busily tidying his clothes and wiping the sweat from his face.

Seeing his awkward gesture, Feng Xue let out a pleasant-sounding laugh, "Big Brother, don't be so nervous. We don't bite~."

Teased by Feng Xue, the guy only smiled bashfully and scratched his head.

"Missy, this guy, although he has a scary face he actually very cowardly in front of a beautiful woman. Even though a veil hides your face, we can guess that you actually a looker," the middle-aged cultivator laughed so hard that his stomach hurt.

"Your face is scary! Your whole family's faces are scary!" The youngest cultivator growl madly, triggering a louder laughed from his friend.

"Big Brother, don't be so angry. I think your face is very manly~."

"T-thank you."

The youngest cultivator's face flushed when he got complimented by Feng Xue. The rest of the group also dropped their guard significantly, seeing Feng Xue's friendliness.

"Big Brothers, we're quite interested in the treasure you talked about before, can you tell us more about it?" Feng Xue said straight to the point.

"Well, we also don't know much about it. But, the rumor said that it was a flower that emitted the rainbow light from its petal," the middle-aged man said.

"Do you know what kind of flower it is? And how many petals it has?" Feng Xue's eyes flickered in expectation, but when she heard his answer, the light in her eyes dimmed.

"Nobody knows. The light was so bright, and no one could stare directly and saw it clearly."

"In which part of the forest that the treasure appear?" Snowy asked.

"That... some people said it appeared in several places, I don't know if it's the same flower or not, but it's more likely that flower can move around from place to place, it's bizarre," said the middle-aged man.

"The people who had seen the flower also said that there's something that prevented them from picking the flower. No matter how long they walk toward it, they seemingly can get close enough," added the old man.

"But Old Qian, I've heard that some people had seen a white bunny that can get close to the flower. It seems that bunny can come and go as it pleased. Many people who had tried to catch the bunny all ended up failing, though. The bunny always escaped when it saw cultivators, and it seems very fast too; nobody could catch it," the youngest cultivator chimed in.

Snowy listened carefully to all of the information provided by the group; meanwhile, she matched their information with the record inside her memory.

Feng Xue quietly whispered to Snowy, "Snowy, is that the Nine-Petal Lotus we search for?"

Snowy frowned, unsure how to answer Feng Xue's question. The Nine-Petal Lotus indeed emitted a rainbow light from its petal. In fact, the light's color followed the petal color.

But it was never mentioned in the records inside of her memories that it could move around and had a barrier—which Snowy suspected was a kind of spatial displacement technique—around it.

Furthermore, if it was really a spatial displacement technique, this means bad news for them. Spatial Dao was one of the rarest and hardest Dao to comprehend; whoever placed the barrier around the flower must be had very high attainment in Spatial Dao, and their cultivation must be unfathomable.

This kind of person was not easy to trifle with.

"That's flower is indeed a Nine-Petal Lotus. But, I'm afraid that it already has an owner and a mighty one at that," Snowy whispered back into Feng Xue's ear with a serious tone.

Feng Xue also frowned when she heard Feng Xue's words. But, determination in her eyes didn't disappear but getting firmer instead.

"Whoever it might be and whatever the cost is, nothing will stop me from getting the Nine-Petal Flower," Feng Xue said to Snowy.

"I'll do my best to help you," Snowy nodded.

They continue chatting for a while until a loud sound attracted their attention.

"Bang!" The restaurant's door was opened forcefully, and four youths enter frivolously. All the cultivators inside glared at them but immediately turned their eyes away.

The young man who looked like the leader of the four was only a Fourth Level Qi Transformation cultivator. The rest was not worth mentioning either. The only thing that deterred the other cultivators from giving them a lesson was the blood-red band they're wearing on their arms.

"What are the people from Heavenly Blood Sect doing here?" said one cultivator.

"I think they were gathering information about the phenomenon yesterday," said another cultivator.

"Yes. They didn't dare to step into Phoenix City after their scheme was exposed and Heaven Sword Sect defeats them. So they can only get the information from here."

"Hmph. Just a beaten tiger still so arrogant."

"A beaten tiger still a tiger in the end."

"I hope someone can teach them a lesson."

"Who dares to? I'm afraid only Heaven Sword Sect or Feng Family qualifies to do so."

"Hmph!" the snort silence the entire restaurant. The four youths quickly occupied one corner of the restaurant for themself and overbearingly kicked the other from their table.

Even though the other cultivators didn't fear them, their background was very frightening. They had no option but silently endure the shame and obediently moving out to another table. The rest of the restaurant customers, only whispering to each other, didn't dare to discuss openly.

"Owner, bring me the best wine you have in the house and serve my brothers with the best food you have! And don't make us wait too long, if not hmph!" the leader glanced at the owner with a narrowed gaze, sending chills down his spine.

Snowy and Feng Xue had stopped paying attention since they recognized they were Heavenly Blood Sect's disciples and then once again start a conversation with the cultivators at their table. The group who initially tense start to loosen up affected by Snowy and Feng Xue's relaxed attitude. But soon, their conversation was once again interrupted by those scoundrels.

"You! Are you two from Phoenix City? Quick, answer me!" said the leader of the four youths haughtily.

 

 
28