Chapter 28: Mincing A Minotaur
325 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I chuckled and watched as the beast hurled itself at me. There was an insane glimmer in its eyes, which was interesting since it wasn't even a true minotaur. 

Minotaurs that were capable of speech and of sapience existed but they were not the ones created in the foul depths of dungeons. The creature in front of me was a monster that had taken on the form of a minotaur, not a real member of that rather fascinating species. 

The beast was exclusively focused on me and behind me I sensed my allies, behind me, about to come to my aid. Before they could I gestured for them to relax and to allow me to deal with this strange enemy. I saw this for what it was: an opportunity. By taking on this monster alone I could show off the martial training I had received and remind everyone why I deserved to be worshiped. 

I decided to take it on in true hand-to-hand combat just so I could show Fara specifically my power. After all our first meeting allowed me to show off my speed, but not my skill in battle.

When the gigantic beast closed in on me I waited for the axe to begin to swing towards me. The brute's weapon was a massive thing, bigger than myself, and yet it was wielded with an almost intimidating ease by my foe. The axe swung at me with an impressive speed and when it was beginning to close in I leapt into the air and effortlessly landed on the flaming weapon. The "floor" underneath me almost tickled, and I smirked at my foe. 

I ran along the metal portion of my enemy's weapon, before making it to the thick stone handle and relying on my grace and finesse as I dashed on the handle. Each step I took was powered by my ability to be supernaturally dexterous, and for not the first time I was grateful that among other things my dexterity had been boosted by my transformation into my current form.


The party of invaders had been stopped by the order of their leader. They watched the deity clash with the minotaur curiously, following his wordless gesture. 

Fara and Zaria specifically were watching his every move. They both gasped when he dodged the first, titanic blow of the beast and landed on the axe itself. They watched, eagerly and studiously, as he began to run up the beast's massive weapon. 

Raul was a speedy sort, and he was supernaturally graceful. Even now while he was purposefully holding himself back, he was easily capable of actions that were almost impossible for mortals. If Raul weren't holding back he could have easily ended this fight in an instant, which would have been impressive in its own way but ultimately he was fighting a theatrical battle for the purpose of engraving images of his grace and dexterity into the minds of his allies. 

Raul practically danced along the axe before reaching the minotaur's gigantic face, by leaping into the air and swinging his glowing blade at the boss. The blade sailed through the air, burning off small patches of the monster's fur, before cutting the beast's face and leaving a visible, small nick on the creature's face. Though they couldn't see Raul he was smiling as he began to fall towards the ground. The minotaur reared back and howled in pain as blood began to pour out of the creature's small wound. 

Raul landed on the ground in front of the monster and began to audibly laugh. He pointed his sword at his foe, and a single, thin. lance of fire shot out of it and snaked through the air cutting through the air between him and his foe. The spear surged towards the massive minotaur and collided with the eldritch monster, impaling and harming the beast all while bringing it stumbling to its knees. 

There was a loud thud when the creature landed on its knees, and the creature's pained roar exploded out of its massive maw. The creature's mouth was lined with razor-sharp teeth, and those deadly fangs were on full display as Raul studied his foe. The creature was an impressive sight, and Raul was all the more impressive for having been the one responsible for the fallen creature.

"Is that it? How disappointing..." Raul uttered, his voice filling the ears of everyone who could see him. He walked over to the beast and placed a single hand on the thing's furry leg, before gently pushing it and then applying telekinetic force as the creature began to fall backward. The force magnified the speed at which the creature crashed to the ground and also the distance that it sailed away from the powerful god. 

Raul himself looked quite dashing as he commanded the creature to sail through the air with his powers. And as he did he unknowingly began to leach power from his foe. The magical energy that suffused the beast began to leak out of it, and the creature began to shrink, the spear still impaling it. 

The followers of the quiet deity studied his noble form as he began to walk to the minotaur. They were reminded of his true power, a level of power that they couldn't even truly fathom, as the deity approached his enemy. He wordlessly pointed his sword at the beast, even as the minotaur began to try and stand up so that it may face its enemy one final time. The creature grunted as it struggled to do what it knew it must, and Raul began to smirk cruelly at it as he studied his enemy once more.


I watched the minotaur struggle to sit upright. As I walked closer and closer to the beast it glared at me, hate and fear mixing into one toxic look its gaze. That said its hate made me feel quite excited. I sensed that the beast was close to defeat and so I decided to make its downfall particularly cinematic. 

The beast couldn't quite sit upright but thanks to its impressive height it didn't need to do so to be able to face me. Its face was locked on mine, and the creature roared in fury at me, while ungracefully swinging one of its arms at me. I chuckled and momentarily stored my sword in a magical storage, before hurling a punch at the beast's speeding knuckle.

My fist hit the creature's hard hand and I felt the force of my blow smash through skin and then bone. I watched as my blow visibly shredded its arm, blowing off fur and skin and exposing muscle and bone. The limb fell limply to the floor and I chuckled as the beast began to react.

The creature screeched in agony and its entire body shook, even as I leaped onto its chest. I was light, thanks to my divinity and my powers over nature, including air, so the creature didn't experience pain as a result of me leaping onto it. 

I was on top of the creature's lower chest and I began to slowly walk towards its face. When I reached its head I intended to bring this fight to an end. My enemy was still roaring in agony as I made my way directly over his heart.

That said, for all of the beast's faults I couldn't honestly say that it wasn't stubborn. The creature suddenly attempted to swat me off of its chest with its remaining arm which I reacted to by punching the pathetic limb so hard that the thing was forcibly ripped off of the minotaur and sent sailing to a distant end of the boss room. 

The creature's screech in response to this particular act of violence was deafening. Even I was forced to stop and cover my ears for a moment as the beast let out a sound of pure agony, agony more intense than I could ever have imagined feeling myself. After a few moments of standing still and covering my ears, I decided to end this fight more immediately than by going to its head. Instead, I lifted one of my legs high above my head and paused for a moment.


Raul's followers covered their ears so that they wouldn't be deafened by the minotaur's screech. They felt both reverential awe and incredible fear towards the deity they had followed here, having seen one small portion of his true power in how incredibly easily he defeated the beast before him. 

In the eyes of Fara and Zaria he was slowly becoming the embodiment of power itself, after having defeated Fara and now the minotaur. In the eyes of Sofia he was an embodiment of hope and victory, someone who could do anything. In the eyes of Alpha and Riezel he embodied possibility, being a bestower of power and opportunity. In the eyes of the guards and Aster he was a potent embodiment of life and protection, having safeguarded everyone and gotten them this far. 

The entire assembled group watched, wordlessly, as Raul lifted his leg straight up over his head. They watched, their breaths caught in their throats, as he kept his leg suspended in the air for a moment. When he brought his leg down and the thing momentarily moved faster than the speed of sound they could scarcely follow it with their eyes. 

Raul's leg swung straight down and produced a sonic boom as it penetrated the thick skin of the deity's foe. It handily stabbed into the beast and as Raul dug his leg deeper and deeper into the beast he used magic to transform his limb into an actual spear. The minotaur beneath him stopped screeching and instead let out a pitiful moan as it felt its life beginning to come to an end. 

The only reason why Raul didn't instantly kill the beast was there were entire meters of skin, muscle, and bone that Raul's leg had to smash through before he reached the monster's heart. That said, his attack was one at the speed of the sound, it was unavoidable and even the minotaur had no hopes of surviving it.

The instant before his leg-spear stabbed the heart of his enemy, every person in the dungeon's first floor heard the mental howl of the dungeon itself as it realized that its boss was about to be defeated. The howl lasted long enough that when the minotaur breathlessly perished the howl was still audible in the minds of the dungeon's invaders.


The instant that the minotaur perished the contents of the textboxes in my mind's eye changed. I studied them and began to laugh even as the thing they were alerting me to began to happen. 

[Alert! Defeating the empowered minotaur has granted you the ability to summon the spirit of the dungeon's first floor. However, due to the dungeon's immense investment in the minotaur, slaying it has had an unusual effect: you are now absorbing the excess power the dungeon stored in the beast, and that is empowering you.]

[The dungeon invested over one million points of mana into the minotaur. Those points are now surging into you and leaving you permanently empowered as a result of it. Among other things, this has the effect of boosting your power as a god of pleasure and love, two of your primary domains. With this, you'll be able to summon spirits via "Seduce the world" that are already your servants even without you making any moves of your own to seduce them.]

I laughed and returned my foot to its natural form even as I retracted it from the chest of the minotaur. Beneath me the minotaur began to fade into nothingness, dissipating beneath me. I wordlessly activated my "Seduce the world" power and watched as a young, black-haired spirit in the form of a petite girl with impressive horns began to form before me and kneel even as the minotaur I was standing on faded enough for me to fall to the floor beneath where it had once been sprawled out. 

I landed on the floor beneath me gracefully and gazed at the spirit. As I did I peered into its mind and suddenly discovered the history of this dungeon, my eyes filling with shock and awe as I abruptly learned many things all at once. I fell to my knees as my mind gained memories stretching back hundreds of thousands of years, and as my mind reeled with all manner of knowledge. One particular memory sprang to mind quite powerfully for some reason.


A pair of potent beings dashed down the hallways of an elaborate labyrinth. Behind them they could hear the braying and breathing of a group of massive monsters, closing in on them with every passing second. 

The strange pair consisted of two women. One of them was a white-skinned beauty with pure red eyes, and the other was a devilish woman with a pair of batlike wings and dark red skin. Both of them held swords that radiated fel energies, and themselves had potent auras but they had been annoyed to discover that their auras of lust had no effects on the monsters of this strange place. 

The two women were drenched in blood, not their own but that of their allies and enemies. Annoyingly the blood left a clear trail that allowed their enemies to follow them without fail. The first ranged attack to sail towards them was an arrow fired by a monstrous centaur, centaurs being like minotaurs in that they could be monstrous or sapient. The creature was just a few hundred meters away and held a bow as large as he was. The arrow missed, but the vicious creature was already notching another one. 

"Do not let them escape!" The dungeon itself whispered into the minds of the creatures who were pursuing the duo.

They didn't know it yet, but they were fated to fall and be transformed by this place into an eldritch battery for the dungeon, that would allow the dungeon to build new floors, and dig deeper into the world. Fortunately for them, that wasn't the end of their story.


Raul stood up, a few moments after falling to his knees and he gazed at the spirit kneeling before him. He smiled and gave the portion of the dungeon he had freed from hate his first order. 

"Free Lilith and Hui Yui." He commanded, which caused the spirit to nod and get up. She wordlessly rose her hands to the sky as if about to cast a spell, prompting Raul's followers to dash into the room, ready to move to protect their leader if need be. She ignored them and instead began to glow, even as two massive emeralds began to rise up out of the ground behind her. 

The emeralds were over four meters tall, and as they slowly began to escape the floor of the dungeon their inner contents were slowly revealed. At first, just the faces of the two strangers from the dungeon's memories were visible, the beautiful faces of the first succubus and the first vampire. But slowly the rest of their bodies began to reveal themselves as well. They were naked, but their bodies were unscarred, and when the emeralds were in mid-air, suspended by the potent magical power of the spirit, the two women who had been inside of them awoke and opened their eyes. 

Lilith, the succubus, had pure white eyes. Hui Yui, the vampire, had pure scarlet eyes. Both of them studied their surroundings and smiled when they gazed at each other. Without exchanging a word, even mentally, the two of them then simultaneously shattered their prisons, the massive emeralds that had been holding them suddenly exploding into a million tiny shards.


The two women freed themselves with what I recognized was a usage of divine force. The second after they freed themselves they both glanced at me and the white-skinned woman rose her right hand, while the ruby-skinned woman rose her left. I watched as the contexts of the textbox in my mind's eye changed, filling me with concern.

[Emergency alert: The two women in front of you are deity-level-entities. The woman with dark red skin is Lilith, the very first succubus in this multiverse, and the white-skinned woman is Hui Yui, the first vampire from a planet with a Hyperion veil, a world known to its inhabitants as "Earth". Both are immensely powerful!]

The instant after I read the notification, I felt the two women again use divine force and watched as everything around me froze. I sensed a sudden and dramatic end to the motion of my allies, as they were cut off mid-movement. The only things I sensed that were able to move were the two women, who continued to gaze at me. 

"Freedom..." One of them, Hui Yui whispered. Her companion studied me and I opted to remain still for a moment. 

"And it appears to be because of that boy." Lilith, Hui Yui's companion, whispered. She landed on the floor just beneath her and began to approach me. 

"I like him. Or rather... I like you. You're clever, pretending to be affected by our abilities. I've never met someone I couldn't freeze, until now." Lilith whispered, prompting me to chuckle and stop pretending to be frozen. 

"Oh, and he understands us! Perhaps..." Hui Yui uttered, as she also landed and approached me. I gazed at her and nodded.

"I do understand you. Though I know now that you're extraterrestrials. My iteration of the system told me, right before you froze it." I uttered, as I gazed into her white orbs. 

"You have a system? I suppose that would explain how you could resist our ability. We couldn't use it in time because of our injuries, but being freed restored us to our full strength. And even with that boost, it wasn't enough to affect you huh?" Lilith asked, gazing into my eyes. 

"He's a divinity? A real one, like your sister? Wow..." Hui Yui whispered as she looked at me, awe-struck. 

"If he's a divinity... Do you wonder if he could-" Hui Yui continued, before being sharply cut off by Lilith who gave her a caustic gaze.

"Enough! He can withstand our abilities, why shouldn't we see if he can withstand us?" Lilith said before Hui Yui could reveal anything more. I immediately understood what she meant and backed away, a concerned look in my eyes.

"I'm a grand adonis. If we did that it'd... be otherworldly." I advised, before explaining my own abilities as a divinity of love, lust, sex, and pleasure. When I was done, Lilith looked at me approvingly and sauntered up to me with a stunning smirk, before revealing a tail that opened up and revealed a surprisingly sensual interior. 

"Well if you're a grand adonis, you might just make for an excellent grand incubus... Plus, you could consider this a reward for your goodwill and heroics." She whispered, placing a single finger on my lips as if to shush me. Hui Yui gave her companion an annoyed look before speaking up herself. 

"Well I'm starving and as a vampire, life-filled fluids are what I drink so... Don't think you'll only be getting Lilith's affections!" Hui Yui whispered, sexually. Her eyes were filled with an unholy lust, and as I gazed at her Lilith dashed at me, and kissed me, her warm lips hungrily latching onto mine even as her tongue danced into my mouth. 

I moaned, caught off guard by the affections, even as Hui Yui lunged at me. A second later I felt the vampiress's hands on my pants, eager to remove them and enjoy the treasures hidden behind the clothing.

"I could use a mulo..." The noble vampire whispered, thirst audible in her voice as she spoke. 

The first floor of the dungeon, done! And as a reward, vampires, and succubi? Oh my! Not a bad idea to check out those links, by the way. Will be relevant very soon.

4