Chapter 59: Difference Of Scale
155 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wordlessly allowed my form to mutate and change as wrath filled me. I felt a keen amount of wrath aimed squarely at Stella, so allowing it to infuse me was not a challenge. I felt it wash over my limbs, and cover my skin like a sort of auric armor that existed between my skin and the actual physical armor I wore. 

The empress wasn't about to idly watch me ready myself for our battle. She immediately went on the attack, rearing back and hurling telekinetic punches at me. I chuckled and made no move to counter her, watching as fist-shaped projectiles of telekinetic force exploded out of her and flew towards me. When they collided with me, I gazed up at the queen, my eyes sparkling with light as her attacks faded when they struck my body. 

"Useless." I remarked, simply. That made her eyes widen in alarm, as she was used to even her casual blows decimating her opponents. Her eyes then narrowed into thin, infuriated slits, and she began to more hurriedly, and angrily, launch a barrage of telekinetic attacks at me. I allowed them to hit me, well aware of her inability to use telekinetic attacks to harm me. 

I stared into her eyes as she attacked me. My eyes never left hers and I began to delve into her mind. I would learn all she knew, and use it against her. I began my invasion of her mind by learning about her reign as empress.


"Empress, what are we to do? If we divide any further our people may well scatter to the winds!" One starmazon, dressed in dark red cyber-armor, asked in the strategy room in the deepest depths of the empress's capital ship. 

"We... will come together. By force, if need be." The empress replied, her dark brown eyes filling with sinister power. The starmazon in front of the empress gazed up at her fearfully. 

"I will be the great uniter. I will keep our people together. We shall survive and overcome our divisions. No matter what." The empress uttered, as she began to extend nearly invisible, transparent, telepathic tendrils out of her head. The starmazon who had spoken to the empress watched as one such memory-altering tendril drew nearer and nearer to her, staring uncomfortably at the mental limb.


"You are the way you are because you desire... unity? Because you fear... abandonment?" I asked, gaining insight into her inner nature, even as the starmazon empress uselessly continued to assail me with her telekinetic powers. She grunted, due to a mixture of annoyance and physical exertion, as she attempted to hit me hard enough to injure me. She did not understand the nature of my immunity to her telekinetic barrage. 

I was immune to her telekinesis because of Zaria's powers. The empress was no goddess, nor was she an ascendant. She was ultimately just an immortal, and as such her telekinesis was unable to pierce either of the sources of my immunity to her attacks; Zaria's powers as a goddess of the mind, and thus psionic power, as well as my version of the "Invulnerability" greater megapower theoretically accessible to all ascendants. Nevertheless, she persisted, determined to strike me down and assert her hold on the throne of the starmazon armada.

"Don't you get it? That won't work on me." I told her, chidingly. I smiled at her as she doggedly attempted to bring me low. I watched her launch all sorts of telekinetically empowered strikes, each of which would have surely harmed a lesser being if not killed them outright. I dove deeper into her mind, ready to learn more about her.


Stella's next key memory brought me into a strange laboratory. The laboratory was the technological section of one of the vast ships in the starmazon armada, and in its deepest recesses, I watched Stella stare at a woman on what appeared to be the starmazon version of an operating table. 

"Why is your memory so hard to modify?" Stella asked, her soft voice almost whispering to the woman on the table. The woman had a human-like appearance, but with the animalistic horns of a daemon, and the soft eyes of an elf. She was some sort of genetic experiment. The woman appeared to be in a vegetative state, as her eyes were wide open but they had no life in them. Stella's mind was exploring that of her victim, ruthlessly poking and prodding it with telepathic tendrils.

"This is the first time someone has resisted me this much... And her mind is still so strong that it can keep me from dominating it even after being drugged." The empress thought to herself, her thoughts as easily audible to me as her words. This was a memory after all. 

"I never imagined that someone who I originally only captured so I could practice my mental skills would be so infuriatingly hard to mentally crush." The empress uttered, annoyance audible in her voice.


"What are you?" The empress asked as she sensed my continued invasion of her mind. I was not making an effort to hide my invasion of her mind from her. I was fine with her knowing that I was in her head, learning everything she knew. 

"I am an emperor. A sultan. A god. And I have come to show the starmazons the power of a real leader." I told her, confidently. An instant later I began to share the memories I had begun to sort through with the starmazons, my mind filling theirs with ease as they began to see what I had seen. And to learn what I had learned about their leader. I also did this with the starmazon empress herself, allowing her to see that her secrets were being revealed to her people. 

As I did that, tears began to form in her eyes. The empress began to mentally screech at me, now beginning to understand my power. She rose her fists above her head and began to channel her telekinetic power into her fists which immediately began to vibrate and radiate a blue aura. 

"You... Fuck! After all of my work, you dare to come here and try to expose me like this?!" She roared before I smiled and finally decided to truly engage her. 

"I am a god of truth, and freedom." I claimed, finding the fact that I was lying about being a "god of truth" quite funny. I rose a furred hand and pointed it at her, before allowing my claws to pop out of the paws. She glared at me, and before she could launch another attack I hurled myself at her. 

I flew at her at a speed that allowed me to move so fast that she was seemingly frozen while I sailed at her. When I reached her my claws flew out and slammed into her, slamming into her stomach and her face with my hard claws. My claws were made of silver, and they hit with the force of a large vehicle slamming into someone. Unsurprisingly, despite the power I possessed, the empress was made of stern stuff and my unserious blow only minorly hurt her. The empress was forced to bend over and blood began to drip out of her mouth as a result of my blow, which had the effect of empowering me thanks to my nature as a sanguinarch. 

"That's it! Every drop of blood empowers me." I revealed, my eyes changing color and becoming scarlet orbs. The blood that began to drip out of the empress's mouth flowed from her and into me, evaporating and turning into a crimson mist as it flowed towards me. I leaped back and landed back on the ship, landing where I had just been standing.

"A... vampire?" She hissed, as she gazed at me, fear beginning to fill her eyes. I chuckled and shook my head. 

"That's... a bit insulting. It is like calling a raindrop an ocean." I quipped, as I finally began to act. 

"I am something... more ancient than that." I uttered, before allowing my eyes to become obsidian orbs. 

"Now... Bleed." I whispered, menacingly, before utilizing my telepathy and hurling debris from the ship at the empress. My limitless telepathy effortlessly lifted countless bits of jagged metal leftover from Stella's initial "test" of my strength and began to point it at her. A second later the shards of jagged metal began to speedily sail towards the empress, and she began a tricky dance to bob and weave between gigantic scrap metal projectiles. 

The empress was an adept flyer, and so she was able to dodge a healthy number of flying metal, but not all of it. She got plummed by some of the massive debris and was sent flying away from me. As she was sent rocketing back I watched her expression shift. Her anger cooled and became a sort of cold, calculating rage as she regained some semblance of self-control.

Even as she catapulted backward away from the ship she rose her hand in the direction of the ship I was on. I chuckled when she closed her hand and attempted to crush the ship with unfiltered telekinetic power. 

The instant before her telekinetic force would have hit the ship, I moved faster than she could even perceive and touched the ship. I granted it a lesser copy of my immunity to her telekinesis and smiled at the empress even as the crushing wave of telekinetic power slammed the ship, harmlessly doing nothing to it. 

"Damn it!" She roared, raising a hand and using her willpower to summon a gigantic war hammer made of strange metal I had never seen before. The weapon was larger than she was, and I sensed her fury beginning to peak as she looked at me. Intense killing intent was visible in the depths of her eyes. 

"I'll show you... My real power!" She hissed, even as I ascertained the true nature of the war hammer in her hands thanks to her own knowledge which I had absorbed when I took in her blood: it was a crown of might, a powerful item that amplified one's personal might and could take the form of a mighty weapon or an ornate crown. As Stella began to dash towards me, I noted that she was an order of magnitude faster than she had just been, her abilities and physique amplified by the mighty crown. 

"Let's... Go!" I roared back, even as I hurled myself at the empress, claws out and eyes locked on hers. I leaped into outer space and began to laugh as I sped towards the enraged empress whose mallet was now being swung by her. She was intent on bringing me low, and I was equally determined to defeat her. We were now beginning our true clash. 

4