Chapter 93: Elurii
90 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I gazed at no less than six universes, all of which my forces had some sort of presence in, my mind was expanding and accumulating a truly vast quantity of information. My ability to make use of what was tantamount to visual psychometry allowed me to make something as simple as gazing at a universe a truly astonishing way to gain an incalculable amount of knowledge. 

As I stared at the frozen universes I regained my old memories. The memories of my life as Il'Noth'Rey, the eldritch king of light, filled me and allowed me to recall that which was taken from me. I remembered every one of my adventures on Earth, on Mars, on Saturn, Venus, Neptune, and Jupiter, as fully and as vividly as I remembered the cave I spent the night when I turned 21, less than a year ago. 

I intensely and fully remembered the Elurii, Calantha, my relationship with the Black Goat, my old enemy Cthulhu, and the countless secrets of assorted civilizations that I had learned about throughout existence. My recollections stirred feelings within me for people and creatures that I, Raul, had never met, who lived in the other end of the universe of my birth.

I spent an unknown, unknowable, amount of "time", given the nature of the void I was in, allowing myself to fully and intensely recall every moment of my life, from my ancient birth millions of years ago, to the moments I spent creating the Elurii of Mars, to the adventures I had had throughout many solar systems, and galaxies.

I allowed myself to grieve for the life that I lost, the life that was ended in a climactic battle for the sake of the solar system I was most well-known in, the one that housed Earth, Venus, Mars, and other planets. And then, once I had grieved the life that I was only just "now" able to remember, I began to act. 

I gazed at the universe of my birth and focused on one specific world; that of Mars. Mars was a gloriously beautiful planet covered in verdant green life, home to plants of all kinds, as well as numerous powerful and technologically advanced civilizations. As I gazed at the planet I thought of what the people of Earth saw when they gazed at it, unable to properly look at it thanks to the veil covering Earth that kept them ignorant of the reality of the rest of the universe. 

They saw a barren planet, one where no vegetation grew, with a surface made up primarily of basalt, largely covered in a finely grained iron oxide dust. I hated that, due to the decisions made by frightened Omega Lords in the distant past, modern humans had to live in ignorance of the reality of the universe. But thankfully, armed with my newfound powers and knowledge, I had the means to bring about an end to the veil that shrouded Earth, that kept its supernatural and mundane populations apart, that kept its humans wrapped in ignorance and arrogance. And in time I would, but first, my attention turned towards Mars. Towards where ancient peoples, of my creation, still lived.


In an unbelievably beautiful corner of Mars, one covered by an ocean of flora and populated by an astounding variety of fully sapient fauna, there existed a tremendously beautiful palace. This palace was made of marble and other fine forms of limestone and was inhabited and protected by a unique civilization and species; the Elurii.

At the moment the palace was frozen, and so too were each of the Elurii within it. The palace was a truly logic-defying feat of architecture, and well over eight hundred lengths in terms of its total land area, filled with millions of jaw-droppingly beautiful women, the quasi-mythical creations of the ancient eldritch king Il'Noth'Rey, in the unspeakably distant past. 

At its heart sat a gigantic throne room, and in the heart of the throne room was a throne made of artistically shaped and molded crystal. At the very moment that the universe was frozen by Raul two women, one of whom had onyx-colored skin, and the other of whom had pale skin, knelt in front of the throne, caught in a state of humbleness and meekness; while in prayer. They had been participating in a daily ritual that they had done every day for over one hundred thousand years when they too were caught in the almighty power of the transcended deity responsible for the entire universe being frozen. 

Even though the universe itself was frozen, trapped in the throes of the mighty power of the god who had just transcended beyond the confines of even cosmic divinity, a single, lone figure suddenly came into being nowhere else than atop the throne, a regal, living symbol of royalty and nobility. The figure sat in silence for a moment, gazing at his subjects, his creations from a life in the distant past, and then he smiled. 

After gazing at the kneeling figures for a brief moment he approached the two of them. As he walked over to the two sisters he found himself grateful for having created the Elurii, and their distinctive castes, as a species that he had once planned to use to spread joy and unity across the cosmos. The two kneeling sisters were members of the so-called "Zenith" caste, the highest, most pious, and most incredibly powerful of the four Elurii castes, all of which had their own strengths and weaknesses. 

When Raul stood above the two kneeling women he lightly reached out and gently touched the heads of the two pious siblings. As soon as he touched them the two women gazed up at him, moving as though they had never been frozen in the first place. They stared at their reincarnated lord and creator with wide, awestruck eyes, due to one simple fact: Raul was actively channeling his true beauty, his form impossibly, soul-searingly beautiful.


To stare at Raul when he was channeling even a fraction of his true beauty was akin to gazing upon a star. It was to stare at beauty itself, a beauty so pure, so intense that someone would remember it for the rest of their lives, but it was also a pain-inducing beauty. And yet Eleanor and Mary, the two siblings who found themselves gazing at Raul would have eagerly spent the rest of their lives gazing upon Raul had he allowed it. 

They recognized, in the depths of their souls, that they were in the presence of their creator, the eldritch king Il'Noth'Rey, and tears streaked down their faces as they gazed upon his countenance. He gazed at them lovingly, kindly, joyfully, his facial expression only magnifying the quality of his masculine, powerful beauty. 

"Hello, little ones. I have missed you so much." Raul whispered, his voice every bit as beautiful as his face. The two siblings smiled at him joyfully, fully caught in the throes of his power, unable and unwilling to tear their gazes away from the new form their master had taken on. 

"Zenith King... You've returned!" Eleanor, the onyx-skinned woman uttered. Her voice was melodious and beautiful, and to listen to it was like listening to an incredibly beautiful song. 

He released his hands from the heads of the women and offered each of them his hands. The two women took his hands and he helped them up, his smile never fading from his face.

"Indeed I have Eleanor. I must apologize, it took me so long to find you, but now that I have... Allow me to return you to my embrace." Raul replied, before pulling the two of them into his arms. His voice was soft, hinting at the depth of the emotions he felt towards his creations, the love, the lust, the joy he felt due to them. They had been his pride and joy during his past life, and now that he was reunited with them he felt a joy that surpassed almost any he had felt during his second life. 

The two women eagerly wrapped their arms around the reincarnated form of their creator. They sighed, overjoyed by the unexpected reunion they were enjoying, and snuggled into the warm arms of their master and king. Their king tethered their minds together, creating the first strands of a potent mental web that would forever link the three, and millions of other minds, creating an unusual sort of hive-mind that forever altered the minds of the three beings, and would go onto forever alter the minds of millions of others who sought to be unified with the high-god of the mighty pantheon that was making its way through reality in a wave of conquest.

The two women were delighted to be joined with their lord and creator, to sense his joy and excitement to be reunited with them, and to share their emotions with him. His eyes began to glow a bright shade of sky-blue as he felt the minds of the three beings beginning to meld and unify in a distinctive and psychic way.

As the two women cozied up to their monarch Raul sent out a wave of potent energy that slipped past the women unnoticed by them since they were awake. The energy instead continued past them, unobstructed by anything solid that it wasn't intended to affect. It was a manifestation of Raul's omnikinesis, and each of the Elurii it hit awoke suddenly, freed from the potent power of Raul's usage of the overlord ability of the sin of sloth. 

Throughout the palace Elurii awoke suddenly, and as they did their minds filled with knowledge and awareness. Their minds were immediately integrated into the potent mental web that connected their minds to each other and to their creator's reincarnated form, Raul. The millions of immortal women were eager to introduce themselves to their reconstituted lord, and Raul smiled as he felt his mind fill with their messages, thoughts, and sensations, as did the two leaders of the Elurii, Eleanor and Mary, so happy to be with their master and each other for the first time in millennia.


The palace in the heart of Quentra was one of many places throughout the universe where a concentration of my power, or rather the power of my past self, Il'Noth'Rey could be found. As I stood in it I felt my power as an eldritch entity, one beyond the confines and limitations of a regular deity, fill me with otherworldly might. 

My mind effortlessly stitched together a web that connected my mind to the minds of my creations, the millions-strong ranks of the Elurii. They were grateful to be reunited with me as the wave of kinetic energy that I utilized to free them awoke them from the potent stasis they had been placed under by my unleashed powers over sloth, and tethered their minds to my own, forevermore. My decision to link our minds was one that had been inspired by the loss I felt and the grief I suffered while in the midst of the strange void I had been inside of while finally, fully recalling the life that was taken from me. 

I desired to never again be separated from those that I loved and to make that desire a reality this was but one step I needed to take. The first step. But far from the only step.

2