Chapter 96: Awakened Anael
98 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Raul's avatars faced literally no opposition as they ventured into the secretive cores of the capital worlds of various hegemonies, and even into the heart of Hell itself. They were able to rescue the various princess of assorted hegemonies, and of course, the hero-god was able to sneak into the very heart of Hell and find Melonie, the spirit-queen of vaginal sex unopposed by any guardians who'd otherwise be free to try and devour him. 

One of Raul's avatars found himself in the depths of an arcane dungeon. At the very core of the place, a palatial room, accessible previously only to the Archduchess, stood a single enchanted mirror a few meters in height. Inside of the enchanted mirror itself was the captured form of Melonie, the mythic queen of vaginal sex, arguably the greatest of her sisters. 

She was a woman of artistic beauty with long green hair, eyes to match, and elfin ears. Raul gazed at her and smiled as he stepped towards the mirror, channeling his incredibly potent abilities. He placed a single gentle hand on the mirror and the glass of the thing began to ripple as if it were made of nothing more than water.

For a few moments, the elf-like queen's reflection was distorted as the rippling glass touched her captured form. Raul took a single step back and waited while the mirror continued to feel the pulsing might of his reality-defying and reality-rewriting power. He waited for it to settle. And he had to wait.

And wait. 

And wait. 

But eventually, the young anael grew tired of waiting, due in part to his feelings of invulnerability and grand purpose. After a few minutes of waiting for the mirror to shatter, or otherwise release Melonie, the thing stood firm, albeit still feeling the potent power of his newfound abilities. And so Raul, studying it and its resilience, decided to change his tactics.

Raul, for one of the first moments in his life, looked inward. And in looking inward for a moment he found an answer, one that took him back to the very beginning of his new life, one that involved who he had been originally, so long ago; both the Grand Adonis and the Anael. The answer was joy.

Raul closed his eyes and he focused on all of the joy he had ever felt, in this life, and in his past life. And his hands began to glow. They began to glow a soft shade of pink, the color of joy, the color of freedom, the color of the Anael. And Raul, once more, put his hand on the mirror. And this time something else happened.


The very instant that I touched the mirror the second time, something changed within me. I felt something deep within my soul awaken, a sort of intangible, inarticulately potent power that escaped even my ability to be succinctly described. 

At the very core of my heart, I felt an invincible, inviolable joy awaken within me that I immediately knew would never fade. I felt my powers grow in might and in radiance, and I felt... whole for the first time since my initial apotheosis. And the mirror began to glow, to fill with power. And then a gigantic crack appeared at the top of the thing. And Melonie's eyes closed, as she began to smile. The glass of the mirror abruptly began to fill with light, to the point where even Melonie's delicate features were nothing more than a strange silhouette. And then Melonie's hands shot out of the mirror, and I felt her silently call for aid, panic beginning to grip the spirit queen. 

I grabbed her hands, incredibly small, soft things, yet possessing an unearthly strength and pulled. As I pulled her towards me I felt her panic subside, and I felt a wave of joy fill her, even as more and more of the jade-haired woman began to escape her eldritch prison.

"Hi there..." I whispered when her face managed to escape the strange prison cell she had been trapped inside of. She smiled at me, as I finished pulling the rest of her out of the mirror and into my arms. And when she was free, the two of us joyously gazed into each other's eyes and as we did, our auras touched and mixed.

My pink aura, an incredibly beautiful aura of indescribable, reality-bending joy, mixing with her green aura of life, fertility, and pleasure. And then we both shuddered into each other when our mixed auras exploded and sent out yet another omniverse-traveling wave of cosmic energy. 

As the wave exploded out of us, eagerly racing to every hidden corner of creation and whispering of my true awakening as the Anael and of my union with Melonie, the queen of vaginal sex, I felt my mind fill with even further awareness of the rest of existence. And the first moment that the cosmic wave touched the fiend closest to me I felt a tiny fragment of my power infuse the being, and twist its nature towards goodness, overwriting the foul being's previous innate tendencies towards evil and hatred. 

"How... remarkable." I muttered, before sensing the wave of power spilling ever outward. An instant after I muttered that, Melonie pulled me down until our lips were level, and then she began to joyously, eagerly, devotedly kiss me. As her lips joyfully united with mine I sensed her gratitude, her joy, her love, her desire to be joined with me, the newly crowned Viceroy of Vaginal Sex, and her savior. 

And then my mind began to fill with knowledge of all that the wave that had exploded out of Melonie and I touched.


The wave of energy that surged out of the Anael was an inescapable, unstoppable, tidal wave of joyous energy. It filled every mind that it touched with a momentary glimpse of his majesty and with the barest scrap of joy and pleasure that he could emanate. In the time it took for a few beats of a heart to occur it touched every corner of existence and left a small but undeniable mark on every single soul in all of the omniverse.

And what's more is that not only did it inform the Anael of the names of every being in existence, it left them aware of him, in his capacity as the Anael, for a fleeting moment, a single second of indescribable, perfect bliss. Lesser beings felt this and the bliss itself was so strong it erased their understanding of the Anael, aside from in the form of an unconscious, occasional, blissful thought they'd experience every day for the rest of their lives. But not all beings were as weak as lesser beings. 

Some creatures felt the wave and they didn't just experience bliss. The wave transformed them, body and soul, filling them with glorious, undeniable light and joy, immediately purifying them of any evil urges and instilling in them a deep, unending gratitude and devotion to Raul himself. And though the darkest of them, the cruelest, most evil, were able to cling to their darkened desires and hatred, they weren't his focus.

Some creatures throughout the cosmos, throughout all of existence, were able to look at Raul. And he was able to look back at them. For the very first time, Raul was able to peer at Joy, Fate, and Glory, as well as countless other potent beings throughout existence. And he did so, his powerful mind taking a brief instant to gaze at the countless factions throughout the omniverse who awaited his arrival. 

Mortals dreamed of him in the wake of the wave of energy filling their bodies, even in places like Earth. Gods and goddesses felt his potent presence and desire for joy, friendship, and peace. Entire empires, especially those filled with powerful beings such as that of the Hyperionite Consensus, led by the Living Hyperion herself, were immediately rededicated to him, their emperors and empresses becoming filled with a desire to become his joyful acolytes and clergy.

In the moments while the cosmic wave was washing over all of existence Raul felt a surge of power seep into the depths of his soul, and he, well and truly, acknowledged the reality that he was the Anael. Not just an anael, but rather the Anael, a singular entity of power, purpose, joy, and love. And then Raul's avatars all spontaneously vanished, shortly before Melonie herself was safely and instantaneously teleported to the heart of Raul's empire, precisely where Cassandra, her sister, was. 

In the depths of Raul's personal void-dimension, he floated, as he acclimated to the potency of nothing less than one of the ultimate sources of power: supreme joy itself. And during this time Raul's stasis on the universes in his empire finally wore off, even as his servants learned of his activities, and immediately raced to grab a firm hold on the newly freed territories within places like Etherscape and other resource-rich portions of the universe of his birth and the universes close to it. 

It would take Raul no less than one entire month to fully adjust to the power of his nature and status as the awakened Anael, during which time his followers were busy acting on his behalf. 

Troy, that beautiful legend, published TWO gigantic updates to the central CYOAs for this story, Grand Adonis, and Anael. Read them, check them out, and have fun! Some of the new stuff will definitely be included in the story, in various forms.

2