Chapter 2 ~ The Overseer
54 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“HuH? Where am I?”

 

Shiro was currently in a world of void.

 

“I think I feel my limbs, I can also walk! But where is this?”

 

“I can’t touch anything, even the floor! There is no floor! It’s like avoid.”

 

“Am I a spirit? Is this what those cults in earth call as spirit realm? Because this isn’t certainly heaven nor hell as portrayed in earth. I certainly died. I can clearly remember it.”

 

While he was contemplating a voice rang out into the void.

 

“Well, hello there young one” greeted by an elderly voice.

 

“Huh? What-at.. a voice? Is it you G-….

 

“I’m sorry, but you are greatly mistaken if you’re mistaking me for a great being. You see. I’m just an overseer, I just came here to give you some tips. No connection or whatsoever.”

 

'I meant to say Gandalf but I think I should not say it anymore' Shiro thought, but hid it immediately at the back of his mind.

 

“Then…”

 

“As a young one from earth you have passed the level of a hatchling. Yes, earth is gone that is why humanity would have to merge unto a new world. As an overseer, all your actions on earth would be converted into merits which can affect your life”

 

The voice that spoke to him was like the voice of a sage. The voice continued making Shiro unable to say a single sentence.

 

“Life-”

 

“Yes, Life because after this. You’ll have a brand-new life on a new world! Aren’t you excited?”

 

“Ugh, so I get to live again? I hope it isn’t a society where I have to learn half of my lifetime again or similar to earth where I studied just to die in a mere few months! Those knowledges they taught me wasn’t even used in that past battle.”

 

Instead of being intrigued or curious, he just let out a rant. Like, who would be happy having used up his lifetime on earth to study in school in hopes for a great future but ended up dying after graduating in high school?

 

“Well, don’t worry because your next stage in life would be different! But the info are secrets. I’m not going to spoil the content. Oh, also your brothers may be sent on the same world as you.”

 

“Really!”

 

“But don’t have too much hope because you may never see them. I only hope for your luck. Now for the final show!”

 

“Show?”

 

“I’m not going to answer that but here! Draw one card on the deck”

 

After the voice, a set of cards was spread unto the void.

 

“You can either be lucky or doomed by your own card! Life is like a gamble, you either win and become successful or lose and became a sober.”

 

Shiro looked at all the uncountable cards and even tried to peek at the cards in chance of cheating but to no avail. He then slowly picked one on the nearest side.

 

“Oh! What luck you have in there young one! You actually managed to pick a lucky card that no one have got since I became an overseer!”

 

“Huh? Loyalty card?” he was intrigued at the same time curious.

 

“That card gives you the ability to look whose loyalty an individual belongs to. It also gives you bonus on making someone whose loyal to you to unable to bite you back.”

 

Exclaimed by the voice.

 

“…..” Shiro was speechless. He understood what the voice said but it clearly reminded him of a game.

 

“And now! Time for your next farewell introduction!”

 

Suddenly, amidst the blinding light. A semi-transparent notification appeared on his vision.

 

[Welcome to the new Paradise]

 

Shiro didn’t understand at first but slowly processed every information he acquired.

 

After the blinding flash vanished. Shiro found himself on a very wide plain. Everything was white, the floor, the sky, everything the eyes can see. Strangely enough he found not only himself but an uncountable number of people as well.

 

Everyone is silent, carefully maintaining distance as well as looking all around them in bewilderment. But, as time goes on some individuals broke the silence by asking questions and exchanging conversations. Many was enquiring about their families or peers.

 

Shiro can’t help but sneer at their foolishness. Finding your family members is like looking for a needle in a bunch of haystacks. He was not stupid enough to shout his siblings name or anyone he knows because he knew it is futile. Unlike the other people, Shiro was carefully taking in information from everyone around him.

 

Suddenly, another elderly voice sounded inside everyone’s head.

 

“Welcome to the final part of introduction before farewell.”

 

“1st of all, I guess you all have already picked one of your cards which would be your trump cards that would greatly affect your new life. “

 

“2nd, You will all be given a choice to be reincarnated! Meaning you’ll have a chance to be born again! Or you can also decide to take the transmigration method which means you’ll retain your current self and age. The choice is yours and good luck!”

 

Suddenly, semi transparent notifications formed unto everyone’s visions.

 

[Choice: Reincarnation]

 

The once silent crowd suddenly became full of noise as the murmurs of the uncountable people filed the atmosphere. Just who wouldn’t want to have an extra life span? A new life? A new beginning? The choice was already God’s grace to the old people.

 

An old man full of unbelief and doubts choose Reincarnation then suddenly white light covered him until he vanished. Old folks began to choose reincarnation, those who have already accepted death coming unto them also decided to choose to be reborn.

 

Strangely not only the old folks who seemed to be interested in reincarnation but also some young ones. There are also some disabled youths who choose to be reincarnated without a bat in the eye.

 

Everywhere people vanished with the help of white lights. Undeniably they chose to be reincarnated. Shiro was pondering about the choice but he didn’t take it. Why? Because he thinks there is more into it than meets the eye.

 

“Oh, my, my….. what an energetic crowd! Many chose without further ado. Well, there are still a bunch left.” The elderly voice was heard once again.

 

“2nd you can also choose to be transmigrated. You’ll keep all your feature intact as well as your age when you passed.”

 

Then again, a semi-transparent notification appeared in everyone’s vision.

 

[Choice: Reincarnation or Transmigration]

 

After the notification. Nobody else choose to early because they now knew that everything is not finished yet.

 

“Oh, as expected! Well time for the final part. Any of the choice you make will take you to a random location and also... As a little reward for having patience, I know that many of you will not easily get accustomed to your next life so I’ll be giving each and every one of you here a summoning card. “

 

The reactions of the crowd differentiate with every person. Some people have expected the twist. Some have grim expression. Some have fear and many dejected.

 

“Oh, don’t be too sad! I have a good piece of advice. The world you’re going to be sent down is a world of possibilities. Well after 1 minute your consciousness will fade away into nothingness if you fail to choose between the 2 choices. Good luck and live your life with the fullest!”

 

After the elderly voice speech, a time glass appeared with the sand from the top slowly decreasing. Time was limited!

 

Everyone chose their own pick with no more stopping them. Both choices have pros and cons but the decision lay within them. After several seconds pass, everyone vanished including Shiro. Suddenly, the time glass cracked and everything became void.

 

“Oh, what an interesting bunch! I wonder which planet these new comers came from this time. Well, it’s out of my hands. It’s time for another millenniums of slumber for me. Good luck for them and a good cozy sleep for me.”

 

The voice lazily murmured with a yawn and everything went silent.

 

1