Chapter 2
54 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up yet again in another unfamiliar room, this time he felt nothing. He couldn't feel the ground when he got up. Looking at himself he saw "his" forearms, which was matte black. There was no curved edges he could see, It was all lines. Looking at his chest he saw a fist sized hole that glowed red. The only thing he could relate it to was a nuclear reactor you'd see in mechs. Looking further down at his legs he saw the same as his arms, no curves. Looking at where his junk is supposed to be, there was nothing. It was just smooth like a Ken doll. 

Distraught, Brandon reached up towards his face, feeling for skin. After a bit of prodding at his face, he remembered that he couldn't feel anything. Looking frantically for a something that can cast a reflection, he found a metallic pan. Looking into it to see himself, he saw his face with a full beard and long, unkempt hair. What caught his attention was his eyes, they looked like the terminators eyes, Glowing red. 

He limply put the pan down and just sat there, trying to wrap his head around what he was. While he was sitting there he felt an itch everywhere, like if he could reach it he could get to his real body. Crushing that feeling knowing that isn't possible, he heard a noise. Looking over he saw that It was from outside the door. Walking over to it, he kicked the bottom right like the woman said, then pushed the door, It fell away without a problem.

 Looking around he saw a hallway with many of the same doors. Looking into the one across, he saw a cat that looked starved. Always wanting to have a cat but could due to being at work, Brandon broke the door open. Looking at the cat who was huddled in the corner of the room, just staring at him.

 Not want to scare it, he went into the room and sat on the other side from it. Seeing its chance the cat bolted towards the door, not knowing if the place was safe, Brandon lunged towards its path, Time seemed to slow to a crawl, looking at the cat he saw it try to turn bit it was to late. Brandon grabbed it and held it up, while the cat scratched, bit, and hissed at him. Not being able to feel the pain Brandon just stood there, waiting for it to calm down. Once it did Brandon saw that it has starry eyes. 

Even though it had those, it looked like it knew where he was. When he brought one of his hands towards the scruff of its neck to pet it, it recoiled away. Not giving up, he brought his hand down and started to pet it.

The cat looked confused, which made Brandon confused as to how he could recognize it. Pulling his hand back, he looked around to see if the cat had anything of use. Finding two bowls, he decided to bring them with him. Not knowing how long it had been since the cat had eaten, he put that as his priority for now.

Walking down the hall he saw a door that looked different from the rest. Walking to it, he tried the handle, which was locked. Brandon expecting that he kicked the bottom right like before, except this Time it didn't budge. Kicking it harder, it only dented the door a bit. Not knowing what to do, Brandon tried kicking the door open all his might. Resulting in him kicking his foot through the door, leaving a hole in it. 

"Holy shit" he said in disbelief

Trying to pull his foot backhoe found it stuck. He put down the cat to think of a way to get his leg out. He grabbed the edges and tried to them apart. While pulling he heard a wurring noise that got louder as he pulled. After a few seconds the hole was wide enough for his foot to move. The wurring noise still going he looked for the source, he looked down at his chest and saw that it was glowing brighter and moving faster than before. 

It's my energy source. He thought to himself. Looking around for the cat, he saw it standing where he put it down, just staring at the door with wide eyes. 

"Shocked? Me too buddy."he said while picking it up. Facing the door he tried to kick it again, softer than before. This time when his foot connected, it bent enough for a hand to reach through. Kicking it again blew it of its hinges and into the room with a loud clang.

Looking into the room it he saw that It looked like a storage, boxes and bags everywhere. Thinking he hit the jackpot, Brandon walked into the room and riffles through the boxes. Finding metal limbs in most of them. A couple had metal parts that looked to be for other species that have been kidnapped. 

One box in particular had what looked like rings. Picking one up and looking at it, he saw that they were silver and had engravings. Putting one on, it started to glow. Panicking he tried to take it of only to find it immovable. Once it was done it seemed to have fixed itself to his ring finger. Trying to find what else changed, he found a small button on the palm side of it. Pushing the button with his thumb nothing happened.

Not wanting to have a ring he found with a button on his finger, he pushed the button with his other hand. Then he made his hand do different motions. When he balled his hand into a fist pointed it away from him and pushed the button. He heard the sound of a heavy impact and rubble. Looking at where his fist was pointed he saw that there was a fist sized hole. 

Trying it again he pointed at a different area of the wall, and pressed the button. Instantly there was a hole. Wanting to see if he could have more than one in one hand he grabbed another and put it on. After a few seconds of nothing happening he tried his other hand. Putting one on his ring finger it glowed. Smiling that it worked he looked at the cat who was still staring at the hole. 

"Cool right?" He asked the cat. The cat just stared at the hole, not responding. Thinking that the cat was weird, he wondered what they had done to it. Looking at another box he found blocks of what looked like blocks of dehydrated food. Happy that he found food he went to looking for containers of water. After a couple of boxes he found metal containers. Twisting it open he found what looked like water. Just looking at it he couldn't tell, and since he couldn't taste or smell, made his way to wards the cat.

Realizing that he was coming towards it, it started to back away. Not wanting to scare it away, Brandon sat down next to the food.

"I'd you want food come here. I need your help to see of this is water." He said. The cat just sat there warily. Realizing the cats can't understand English, he brought out the food and water, and put it into the bowls. Nudging them toward the cat. Seeing there was food its hunger got the better of it. It started to scarf down the food, when it got close to the water, it sniffed it, then stared to drink. Getting confirmation that it was water Brandon to a sip and ate a bar of the food. 

While the cat was eating Brandon made his way over to pet it. Not even reacting to his touch the cat just ate and drank to its content. Once it was done it stared at Brandon and meowed, walked towards him and lied down to sleep next to him. Is it really thus easy to get cats to trust people? He thought to himself

Not having anything better to do he tried to fall asleep, but everytime he closed his eyes he felt the itch come back so he decided to just sit there and pet the cat. 

2