Chapter 0- The Muddled Reincarnation
260 14 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gods, Devils, Monsters, Magic, Heroes, these were all common troubles for the residents of Erabius, a world located in a corner of the multiverse where the laws of logic from our universe mean nothing. A beautiful multi colored planet if you could call it that, the world itself was several million times larger than our tiny blue marble and filled with things that beggared the imagination. The world was originally created and ruled by almighty gods born from the very fabric of their universe, these gods created many beings from the bounty of the planet yet two species claimed the majority of the massive planet. 

The Human race, these originally feeble and fearful beings were originally seen as a mistake by the gods and with their weak base abilities were preyed on by many stronger species and looked down on by those that did not prey off of their lives. This all changed when a lone human discovered how to emulate the power of "Magic" used by the more powerful races such as the Elves, Aquaborn, and Draconian species to name a few. yet unlike these species humans had a much higher birth rate as well as the ability to harness the unique abilities of other races like the forge magic of the Dwarves or the body enhancement arts used by the more physically dominant species like Titans or Giants. Humans never mastered but were adept enough at these techniques to quickly rise from the lowly prey to an Apex species spread across their diamond shaped planet. 

The Demon clan which was just as prominent, however, shared a similarly tragic yet different story. They were born isolated from the rest of the world by the sadistic gods on a massive continent of the harshest environments, storming seas, desolate deserts, frigid wastelands, treacherous forests, hazardous mountains with canyons thousands of miles deep, and ashen volcanic plains were all that filled a continent the size of Jupiter. The Demon clan in some divine irony managed to adapt and survive in these climates with great variety (against popular belief that demons fit one general type) and grew powers far beyond their normal counterparts who lived on the relatively peaceful area beyond the demon territory. Some could use magic more powerful than even the Draconian species while others held physical enhancement abilities enough to instantly rip giants in half. The most powerful aspect of the demonic species however was their ability to devour the souls of those they defeated to extend their lives or power. 

These two races ruled over the world of Erabius in terms of numbers and influence. The Demons were confined to their continent for their entire 100,000 year history...until something rare happened. The gods of this world ruled with an iron fist and vented their frustration on the Demon clan and their continent, yet when you push a race so hard for so long for nothing beyond petty sadism... the world pushes back. The way that the established order was upset came not in the form of any purposeful revolt of the Demon clan, but in the form of a revolt from their genetics. A nigh impossible mutation led to a Demon capable not only of completely bypassing the barrier between Demonic subspecies and capable of harnessing the full power of every Demon subspecies, but also a merging between the regions of the brain that allowed the facilitation of magic and the speech center facilitated the birth of an inherent ability in this Demon that allowed it to exert their will not only on other living beings but on the world itself. 

This Demon inevitably grew so strong over the next 500 years that as a young adolescent it had united and conquered the divided Demon Realm and set his sights on the world beyond after forcing the gods to retreat. By simply speaking the words "Show me the way" the eternal gravity storm barrier that forced the Demon clan to remain on their continent dissipated and the ground moved their continent to finally unite with the rest of the world. The Demon Army under the newly crowned "Demon King of Subjugation" Avros Mutare spread through the world like a fire in a forest and nearly conquered the entire planet.

Just as the world seemed ready to fall under the rule of Demons though and nearly all of the gods had been slain by the hand of Avros, the remaining gods gave up their existence to channel all of their power into an orb that would seek out one who would save the world they had created without seeking to rule over it as they had. This orb eventually found a young kindhearted child who had their heart torn out by a powerful Demon, the orb replaced their heart and filled them with the power to master the abilities of every race as well as gave them a video game like system to level up infinitely and obtain skills from the universe itself. This child was raised in one of the last holy bastions of humanity until they turned 15 and ventured forth to reclaim the world with their companion representatives of each race. They fought their way for three years across this massive continent until they reached the Demon capital where they engaged the Demon King and his "Natural Disaster" generals. 

This is where the story of a young boy who knew none of this information comes into play


Ruin as far as the eye can see, how else could you describe this scene? What was once a magnificent capital far more advanced in technology and magic than anything ever seen in this universe was now a smoldering wasteland. Time and Space were wavering greatly in this battlefield that defied logic, from ice far colder than absolute zero to flames so hot that they could melt universal constants like gravity. This land was and absolute pinnacle of magic where 1+1 did not equal 2, a land where no common sense could apply... yet two beings stared at each other while huffing and bleeding. 

The ground around these two had over a dozen corpses that would be instantly recognizable anywhere else on the planet as the Natural Disasters of the Demon army and the Holy Representatives of the mainland coalition, The two beings panting were therefore the Hero and Demon King.

"Y-You sure are something Hero, I give you that much. I mean I killed those crazy bastard gods without using any effort. I swear for beings so pompous about being supreme rulers of this universe they were pretty stupid to forget my power made the universe my bitch. A few simple words and they were erased from existence but you? You are one durable Human... [Cease Existing]"

The Hero he was addressing suddenly vanished before reappearing completely unharmed

"Huh... that damn reset ability of yours is annoying"

The Hero laughed a more effeminate laugh than Avros had expected. 

"You shouldn't be complaining about my save slots when you can just will yourself to life. [Skill: Holy Rend]"

Avros suddenly burst into white flames before the space he was in was literally evaporated.

Avros suddenly appeared again in a different space completely healed

"BWAHAHAHA... you make a point. How about this, you and I both know this battle will only end if we use our most powerful attacks, so what do you say? Shall we end this once and for all?"

The Demon King grinned viciously at the hero covered in full plate armor. The Hero paused before removing their helmet to reveal a beautiful woman with achromatic eyes of sky blue and emerald green and a ponytail that was equal parts void black and lustrous silver. 

"With our powers at max capacity we would indeed be able to kill each other, but in doing so we would reset the space time as if none of us existed anymore, a world where the Demon Realm was back in the sea and Humanity no longer had their original deities... are you fine with that?"

The Demon King hesitated for only a moment yet the look on his face was one of a man who felt an eternity weighing upon him. 

"Do you want to know something? The only thing I ever wanted was to be free, to kill those who stood in my way and claim my life as my own. I helped my people along the way not out of goodwill but out of the desire to make sure nobody would ever dare order me around like some puppet. I wouldn't mind if I stopped existing as long as I could kill the last of those oppressive gods that live in you."

The Hero looked shocked then smiled ruefully.

"That's funny. I was just the opposite, I only ever wanted to help my loved ones even at the cost of my freedom and pride, I just lived freely out of pure chance. I would gladly die to make sure that you cannot torment those innocents like I was any more."

The two almighty beings looked at each other and grinned  wildly before yelling their final words for the whole universe to hear

"I AM THE DEMON KING OF SUBJUGATION, AVROS MUTARE! FEEL MY RAGE! [SPACE TIME COLLAPSE]!!!"

And following the words of the most powerful Demon King like a loyal servant... the space and time of the universe collapsed onto the Hero with more energy than could be quantified. Yet the Hero smiled still

"I AM THE HERO OF DIVINE WRATH, REYKA FUJAMA! WITH THIS STRIKE I SAVE THE WORLD [CREATION INCARNATE]"

The Holy Blade she wielded was atomized as it was formed into a ball of light that met the dark nothingness that remained of the universe and exploded into countless galaxies and cosmic principles.

At the end of it all the attacks appeared to have cancelled themselves out due to the landscape appearing the same yet the disintegrating forms of the Hero and Demon King laying on their backs with their heads side by side proved otherwise.

"Hey Hero?"

The Demon who never knew defeat spoke weakly 

The Hero coughed blood 

"Yeah you cruel bastard?"

The Demon chuckled as he had never heard of a Hero calling names

"Do you believe those stories children read about people being born into worlds without all this hardship?"

The Hero looked inquisitively at the Demon King.

"Well they are children's tales... But I don't know. I mean Reincarnation magic exists so why can't we be reborn in a world outside this Hell."

The Demon King smiled like a child before looking back at the Hero.

"I would like that. As long as it's far away from your self righteous self"

As her torso started vanishing the Hero smiled back at the Demon King

"It's called being a good person, maybe because I've been such a good person I'll be a princess in some peaceful world where I could live with my loved ones. Meanwhile I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up with criminals for family members and had to hide your demonic powers from the world... that or you get born as a human."

The Demon King shivered what little of his body remained.

"Anything but that. Hey Hero? it was a good fight right?"

The Hero laughed as she was now just a head

"The Best... I just wish only you and I had to die-"

and with those parting words the last remnant of the old gods on this world... ceased, never to be seen again.

The Demon King looked around right before his eyes disintegrated and all that was left was his mouth

"Me too... [Bring them back when you reset]"

With his final command the Demon King vanished into the wind with the Hero before reality started shifting. The Demon Realm shifted back into the sea while the old gods would never be seen again. The Natural Disasters and the Holy Representatives were back in their rightful places and very confused. While everything appeared fine the world would never again be the same.


A small child looks into the mirror, they are extremely cute even for a child and will surely grow up to break many hearts. Their eyes are different colors with one being sky blue and the other being scarlet. They appear mostly androgynous like a male with a somewhat effeminate face. What should be a happy little boy in a large room has fear written on his face as he sits in front of the mirror. Yet inside of his mind this little boy looked around a black void

"W-Who are you"

A feminine voice is heard in the boy's head as a white radiance burst out from the void and a beautiful woman appears

"Huh? What the? Don't be scared little one, I am Reyka Fujama... I am here to simply help you become the best person you can be while sharing your body as a guide... you'll change the world with my help!"

The Boy got even more scared as he looked at the woman

"WHY ARE THERE TWO OF YOU NOW?!"

The woman looked around confused when she suddenly saw something that made her jaw drop

"Well Well Well... if it isn't madame goody two shoes... why did you show up so late?"

A handsome white haired tan skinned man and red eyes was floating upside down in the dark void

Something had clearly gone terribly wrong 

Reyka immediately got confused as she looked

Who do you enjoy most?
  • Demon King Avros Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Hero Reyka Fujama Votes: 7 28.0%
Total voters: 25
9