Chapter 8: Potions
218 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stared outside at the little thing, thinking about what stat spread it could have. Maybe almost all 0's, maybe some defense and a bit of magic, maybe a bit of health but little attack. I pondered because I didn't get to see any of it's stats, not even a healthbar. I sighed out loud, thinking again about how unfair this all was. This was a bad deal not only for me but also the original host. 'Did we both transmigrate into each others' bodies?' I wondered. And if so, was I technically still alive there?

Reincarnating as a hero would've been much preferable to a body I can barely move, but fate didn't feel very generous the day of my death apparently.

The maid came in again, holding a bottle with a blue-brownish liquid. Is that what I'm supposed to drink?

She set down the glass before me.

"This is one of those 'potions' you wanted." She said.

"What... does it do?"

"Not sure."

I looked at it, and then back at my stats.

6/17 hp

I wanted to not drink it. It looked like muddy swamp water. But I knew that if it actually works I may be able to do something with this body, if it works. I pinched my nostrils, opened the bottle and gulped a quarter down before feeling like I would vomit out my innards if I were to drink more. I checked my status once again to check any change.

7/17 hp

The aftertaste mixed with the stench made me cough severely as I tried to talk back to her.

"It wo- *cough*"

She patted me on the back, gently saying "there, there." as I was having a coughing fit. "Do you still want to have it?"

Despite my body finding it revolting, the health didn't lie. I swiftly gulped down the rest, before my body started gagging to try to get it out again.

"Good job, master, well done."

I looked back at my health, it was 9, over half at this point. But the internal scans showed no lessening of the injuries. How are those 2 not related? All the debuffs were there still too. The only thing it did was make me die less quickly were I ever to get into a fight.

She looked like the genuinely pitied me while I was sitting hunched over, my body trying to vomit out everything it had consumed since yesterday.

"I shall get you some water and a towel."

As she left me, I started to think how it would be to have to drink 2 and a half, more or less, bottles more of the purid, pungent potion. Also, why does it only heal 3 health? I think it's best to just be happy with what I have now, an extra 50%.

"God save me."

I looked back at the door. She could go wherever she needed to be, while I can't. But, she will go where I want her to go, assuming I'm not asking something ridiculous. So wouldn't it make sense to ask her to bring the monsters to me, so I can kill them?

While I was thinking about it a wave of exhaustion struck me, along with a weird, rosy scent. From the corner of my eye I could see a small figure head toward me before I blacked out.

 

9