Chapter 2
33 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This was the night of a new moon clouds hid the stars. Weslin had been running for half the night. Trying to gather his thoughts. He wasn't able to see anything in the dark forest, but since he had already gone though the body tempering realm his body was a hundred times stronger then that of a someone who had never cultivated.

That's it, he thought to himself, even if I cant gather Qi or cultivate energy, maybe I can just keep training my body. A smile started to form, but it disappeared right after. The human body could only handle so much. Without qi to help surpass the body's limit there was no way to strengthen the body further. Was he really destined to be trash for the rest of his life? No, he shook the negative thoughts from his head.

Cultivation was to go against the will of heaven. Though out ones path there would be many trials, and tribulations, however people still managed to ascend the path of cultivation. That is because the heavens always left a way for someone. It was just a matter of finding a way. If could gather Qi once, then there had to be a way to do it again. If the Dantian could be destroyed then it could be repaired.

Weslin sat down and began to meditate. He could feel the natural energy of the world around him. Every living creature possessed its own life force, and as the world itself was alive he could feel the earths energy. He focused on a single strand of energy and pulled it into his body. Following his clans cultivation manual he cycled the energy though his meridians, and nudged it towards his Dantian. As long as he could get it to stay then it would turn into his Qi. This was the first step. However, as soon as the energy reached his Dantian, it dispersed.

Again he roared in his mind. Failed, again, and again he tried. Every time the same result. The energy would disappear as soon as it made contact with his Dantian. I wont give up, he thought to himself. He was about to try again when he hear a loud roar coming from the trees nearby.

He jumped up looking around him he could only see vague outlines coming out from the trees. Fuck. this forest was known to be the home of many animals, but only a few demonic beast lived here. Weslin never thought he would be unlucky enough to run into a demonic beast let alone a pack. Even the lowest level demonic beast was the equivalent to the Qi gathering stage. Thinking back to what his father had told him The forest was home to only one pack type demonic beast, and that was the Shadow Lion. They were about the same size as a normal lion. Although more lean. There main was as black as night, their coat a dark gray. They are nocturnal as the blind in with seamlessly with the darkness.

Weslin started to run, his mind kicked into overdrive. Trying to recall everything he could about the Shadow Lions. They were a little weaker then a ordinary lion in a head to head. However they were smarter, faster in comparison. They liked to chase their pray into an ambush, or back them into a corner.

I cant out run them, maybe I should just fight them to. No I only know some basic fist martial arts, and have no weapon. I can't do much damage and one bite could kill me. He kept running though his options. I need to buy time maybe if I buy myself a few minutes I can find away to live.

Weslin started running. He was thinking of everything he had on him. He had a few copper coins, a flint rock, and the cloths he was wearing it. It was a robe with some iron pieces. That's it he thought to himself. Shadow lions don't like light. He grabbed a branch off the ground as he moved, tore off the sleave of his robe and wrapped it around the branch then using the flint to strike the iron he had a make shift torch.

Now he could see and use the light from the torch to hold back the Shadow Lions, although he knew it wouldn't hold them off for long. He took a quick glance behind him, and imminently regretted it. Now that he had light he could see there was at least ten Shadow lions chasing him, at the edge of the torch light. Putting every ounce of energy he had into running he ran as fast as he could.

The cloth he used for the torch was burning fast if he was lucky he might have another minute before the torch burnt out, but that was now the least of his problems. He had ran come to a dead end, the edge of a cliff. The Shadow Lions surrounded him, he had no where left to run. This was going to be his end, eaten by demonic beast.

“No, destiny will not determine my death. I will chose how I live, and die. I will chose my own path. If I die it will not be by being eaten by beasts.” Weslin yelled and took another step. He could feel the air rush by him. He could see his life flash before his eyes. His Father, his clan, everything. He was exhausted he had spent most of the day running. He was tired of being trash. Tired of letting down his clan. Just tired. This was it, in a few seconds he would hit the ground, and no one would ever even find his remains. Slowly he let go. His eyes closed as he drifted off into unconsciousness.

What kind of weapon would you like to see the mc use
  • Axe Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sword Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Great Sword Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spear Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0
0