Chapter 35
72 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hand in hand Cha Aera in a flowing long sleeved lace black gown with sparkling stones wore a heirloom diamond bar drop necklace and matching earrings as she walks her bride, Shin Nari who donned a black chiffon asymmetrical one shoulder pantsuit, her assessory a dangling black earring. 

Outside they both basked under the bright outdoor decorative lighting which gave the entire place a magical glow. Seated outside was Shin Eun-Ae who wore a hanbok with pink top and lilac skirt the ensemble was complete with a purple norigae 'tassel', she braided her hair with a gold and purple hairpin.

Cha Hyun-ok was in a black off shoulder tube dress and black studs, silver necklace with black rhinestones, on one hand she held onto a black clutch purse. Her husband, Cha Dae-Hyun wore black suit and bow tie, Cha Ho-jin was dressed up in a magenta red suit and matching bowtie. 

At the Paebaek ceremony which was held in accordance to the reading that Cha Hyun-ok received from the fortune teller, there was a colorful flowery 4-panel screen behind the white chairs, in front was an erected altar with an array of food and rice wine but it was missing the chestnuts that one of the brides had to hand over to her in-law, a symbol of childbearing. The fortune teller sat at the middle, to her right was Shin Eun-Ae who was dabbing at her eyes with a handkerchief when she saw her daughter coming while Cha Hyun-ok, Cha Dae-Hyun and Cha Ho-jin sat to her left, their bearing showed those from the upper class.

The Brides walked into the outdoor tent with magical overhead lighting. Taking off their shoes and keeping them to the side, they both touched their knees on the mat to face the fortune teller. Jo Mi-seon who served as the helper to the brides handed them a bowl of water to wash their hands.

At exactly 11:45pm the fortune teller got up from her seat to clear her throat and began speaking.

"Brides, take a bow."

Cha Aera and Shin Nari both did as told, the brother to one of the brides watched from where he sat with interest.

"Now face each other and bow."

Both women turned to face one another and lowered their head in respect for each other.

"Miss. Shin Nari, pour the missus a drink."

Shin Nari got up from the mat and reached for the porcelain kettle on the table to pour rice wine into two halves of a gourd. 

"Aera, this is yours."

Cha Aera took the drink from Shin Nari and drowns it in one gulp. The move did not go past her mother who frowned in disapproval.
Shin Nari took her own gourd and drinks from it. Her eyes held that of Cha Aera's only to feel her stomach somersault.

"Pass the gourds to me!"

The sharp intrusive voice of the fortune teller snapped Shin Nari from her daydreaming. Taking both halves of the gourds the fortune teller raises them over her head and joins them both under the ray of the moonlight.

"I, Jacheon witness that these two are of one mind and may their union be filled with joy as they walk the path ahead of them through good and tumultuous times."

0