Chapter 36
133 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unseen to the eyes of the humans present, the woman named Jacheon was amassing the spiritual energy of ghostly creatures that roamed about using the rays of the moonlight as a medium.

A gust of wind sweeps by and soon dissipates. The tendrils of the brides and that of Cha Hyun-ok that had been painstakingly made became a mess. Turning to look at both parents of the bride, the mysterious woman gave a parting shot.

"My work here is done."

"Wise one, thank you for taking the time to perform the wedding ceremony of my daughter. If you need a place to stay, we have a room ready for you."

"I'm afraid I'll have to deline, there is somewhere I have to be."

"But..."

Cha Hyun-ok tried to get the fortune teller to stay since it was an unholy hour of the day. Fearing that something evil was going to befall the other woman. Her worry was cut short when she saw the fortune teller walking off without a backward glance.

"What can I say, at least I tried to make her stay!"

Angry at being turned down, Cha Hyun-ok left the venue to head for the main house.

"Finally! It is over! Little sister, sister-in-law! Congratulations!"

Cha Ho-jin  rushed over in enthusiasm to hug his sister before turning to give Shin Nari a handshake.
---------
The gate leading outside the Cha family vacation home mysteriously opened of its own accord, the fortune teller went through only to stop right on the street.

At the snap of her fingers, a tall woman of breathtaking beauty in regal hanbok stood in place, wearing a faint smile as her green luminous eyes took in the dark streets which was poorly lit. At around that time a cat remained petrified at witnessing an extraordinary phenomenon. 

Yellow glow surrounded the woman which began to pulse as though it was alive. A white jade suet bottle suddenly appeared on her right palm and inside contained numerous gold coins stacked on top of the other.

"At times humans need a helping hand. Earning merit is not such a bad deal. With this I can get more vassals, expand my territory and gain the respect of other gods."

Merits was the currency used in the spirit world to make purchases. Doing a good deed brings about merits.
Whisking out a handfan and with a flick of her wrist in a downward stroke as though cutting through thin air the path leading to the spirit world opened.

There appeared a maiden in plain pink hanbok wearing a straw hat with a white veil over her face, she held a glowing lamp with her head lowered. The veil was a protection from the impurities of the mundane 'human' world.

"Welcome back, Lady Goddess to the garden of the heavens.", said Jeongnam, a female servant of Jacheongbi, the goddess of earth and love.

The soft musical voice startled the cat out of its daze who scurried out of sight in fear.

0